Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:41 PM ( #1 )

I think most of us are already aware, but for the sake of everyone else, I might as well post it here.

The Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. apps will be taken down the iOS/Android stores starting December 15th of this year for "various reasons".

Notice from Bandai-Namco Japan:

Notice of Service Termination of the "Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.". 

Thank you very much for using "Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.". 

We really appreciate that many players have been supporting "Tamagotchi L.i.f.e." until now.

However, the service will end on December 15th, 2014 due to our various reasons.

We sincerely apologize for the customers who have been supporting our service.

In addition, we do not guarantee the correct operation of "Tamagotchi L.i.f.e." and the support for this service is no longer available after the date of termination. 

We hope you would understand our circumstances.

We ask for your continuous support and patronage.

External Sources:

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e (iTunes)

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Angel (iTunes)

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. (Google Play)

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Angel (Google Play)

All apps display this notice:

We regret to inform you that service for this application will be terminated as of 12/15/2014 (Mon).

Premium item "No Ads" sales will be terminated as of 11/13/2014 (Thu).
*Upon service termination, guarantees of operation no longer apply.
*The dates and times given above may be changed without prior notice.

There seems to have been no updates from the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. themselves - their site and social media accounts have not been updated since September.

On the brighter side, Bandai Namco of Japan has released a carbon copy of the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. app called the Tamagotchi Classic but it will be a paid app at US$4.13.

Replies

Views

Started

04 Dec 2014

Last Post

07 Apr 2015

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:04 PM ( #2 )

First Tap and Hatch, and now all other Tamagotchi LIFE apps?

That is a little sad. I didn't like the original app but I really love the Angelgotchi one.

And it also means no future apps I assume. It would have been nice to see Devilgotchi, Morino, Ocean, etc apps.

Oh well, I still have real Tamagotchis. :)

NineMouse

• ninemouse user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:09 PM ( #3 )

I loved the apps. :( I'm very sorry to see them go. They're such a great replacement for those days when we can't run a real Tamagotchi due to being busy or life.

Cyborutchi

• cyborutchi user photo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:29 AM ( #4 )

Does anyone know if they will still work? Tap and Hatch didn't so I'm assuming both of these apps won't work either...

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:14 AM ( #5 )

I heard they wont work after termination.  they're just failing all over the place. when will they take the hint from japan and bring the fans what they ACTUALLY want.

Edited by ciara683, 08 December 2014 - 07:00 PM.

wesley_13j

• wesley-13j user photo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:31 AM ( #6 )

They will work. The data is built into the app and no data connection is required.
Tap & Hatch stopped working as it needed a data connection to open on the later updates and the server had been closed.

Mecka23

• mecka23 user photo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:47 PM ( #7 )

It is really sad to see Bandai making their apps come and go so fast like this.  :(

It needs to be sorted.

teardroponfire

• teardroponfire user photo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:11 PM ( #8 )

It's a bit of a bummer, but there was no way you could pause or set the time with the gotchis. This wishy-washy action makes me question Bandai: are they going to produce Tamas in other languages for other countries/are they even going to continue to make Tamagotchis?

Myiko

• myiko user photo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:25 PM ( #9 )

It's a bit of a bummer, but there was no way you could pause or set the time with the gotchis. This wishy-washy action makes me question Bandai: are they going to produce Tamas in other languages for other countries/are they even going to continue to make Tamagotchis?

In japan they will, outside japan they probably won't, Tamagotchi Friends and Tamgotchi Life werew the only things we currently had outside japan, and now that we don't have Life and that the TFs is not really selling well, they probably won't want to release new versions overseas xD

I think the problem is mainly that Bandai US/UK's marketing is terrible, lots of worse (and expensive) toys sell a lot better because of their marketing, Bandai just didn't do it right with Tamagotchi, the Tamagotchi Life website and facebook had more non-tamagotchi girly stuff related than actual Tamagotchi stuff, if you saw the website you wouldn't think is a virtual pet project, And the TFs add is overall really creepy xD

• teardroponfire likes this

teardroponfire

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:59 PM ( #10 )

I agree with that. I don't even remember seeing Tama Gos being sold here, although they had to have been. All my tamagotchis have been purchased through individuals or ebay since the music star versions, and all of those were heavily discounted. It just makes me a little sad, because Tamas are a really great collector's item/toy. All I see in kids' hands in the US are cellphones/Ipads. I guess tamagotchis are too 'young' for most people?

Pauly

• pauly user photo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:44 PM ( #11 )

maybe the novelty of the Tamagotchi isn't as novel next to newer entertainment options

kids have more choices

Edited by Pauly, 10 December 2014 - 03:45 PM.

teardroponfire

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:02 PM ( #12 )

It's novel to me as a near 30 year old.

Yes, I am a dork. <3

• phx.XD likes this

Pauly

• pauly user photo

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:13 AM ( #13 )

Novel to us
not to the younger :P

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:24 AM ( #14 )

After they're removed, will someone be able to upload the .apk files so those of us who want to download it later still can? I have the apps on my ipod, but I'm looking to get an Android tablet in the future and would like the apps on there as well.

Starwolfie33

• starwolfie33 user photo

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:15 PM ( #15 )

NOOO THE TAMAGOTCHI APPS ARE WHAT GOT ME INTO TAMAGOTCHI IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
NOW THERE GONE FOREVER!!!???

Pauly

• pauly user photo

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:16 PM ( #16 )

Seems like they weren't well-funded in the first place. The design seemed so cheap and sloppy.

Well, at least the apps can still be downloaded from purchase history. If someone who never bought it wants a copy (they still work), it's as simple as pirating. :)

• teardroponfire and muggedmelon like this

PiIsARational

• piisarational user photo

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:26 PM ( #17 )

The problem with the Tamagotchi Friends version is still the lack of a colour screen.  With the cheapest toys at toys-r-us and other outlets sporting cheap colour LCD screens I still don't quite understand why it's omitted besides cutting prices down since they are unsure how well new tamagotchis will sell overseas.

I also don't quite care for how the C button has been altered slightly and you can't just cancel out of screens as quickly as before.  The waiting around to start up a game is quite annoying too and I don't care too much for the games this time around either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamagotchi, tamagotchi life, service termination