v5 or Tamagotchi Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
Hiii. :p

So I have a friend who i debating wether she should get a TF or a v5. She's owned a v2 and v3 before, but lost them -_- . She wants to get back to Tamagotchis, and now she's nailed her choices down to a TF or a v5. I don't have either one so I can't say which is better for sure, so I thought asking you guys.

If she were to get a v5, I'd suggest her to get a second hand since the brand new ones on eBay have outrageous prices, about $50-$60 on each. However, if she gets a TF, it'll be a brand new since I guess they are cheaper. Is this the right decision?

And if you can tell her about the features of each, go ahead!

Thank you!

The V5 is better to me, it's really cute, has a lot of cute characters, secrets to achieve and the games are the best in any tamagotchi ever.

However the V5s is quite challenging, so if she wants something more simple she could go for a TFs, but I would choose the V5 myself anytime xD

I think Tamagotchi Friends is better because you can go to the park, it has a room background, the sprites are a lot cuter, the characters are cuter as well (in my opinion), it has more games, you can collect jewellery to unlock more games, and you can interact with the online Dream Town site!

The Version 5 games are very simple and not very enjoyable to me; plus, there are only two games unless you are on generation 2 or higher. The V5 doesn't even have age and weight, but the Tamagotchi Friends does.

Depends on what she wants. The TF is very low-maintenance and is good for people who are busy. I've never had a v5 but I would imagine it isn't as easy to use as the TF.

On the other hand, the TF has several technical problems that some people take issue with, like a difficult-to-see screen, easily scratched paint, slightly louder and more jarring sounds. Other people might give you more info on the v5 for comparison.

Well the v5 and TF are similar in that they can be quite simple and don't do too much but at the same time do something. The v5 has more characters, the same amount of games as the TF with pretty much the same time needed to unlock all four but they have items galore, interactive DVDs, and the ability to have up to 6 characters in the device (including a let if you have the special families) however it's actually a bit hard to earn things on the v5 with very little money you earn.

I don't own The TF but from what I can tell it has its good and bad, It has the usual games, food, characters and a lot of features copied from the Tama-go good and bad I guess there are screen visibility issues but in the right light it probabaly wouldn't matter, there aren't any items except for jewelry which are unusable but you could however get two and connect with your friend which makes a tamagotchi expirience really great no matter what the toy is like.

Overall I actually recommend either a v5.5 which is the royal v5 becuase you earn more and it has better things overall OR a TF in the end both can give different experiences but go for the cheapest to see how they like it THEN introduce them to the colour series to give them a new impression of the tamagotchi after trying one both are good in their own. Ways.

I actually will say the Tamagotchi Friends. If her last Tamagotchi was a v2 and v3, If she where to have a v5, she might be over whelmed with all the new features. Plus, she might have the misconception the it'll be harder since there are three pets to take care of. With the Friends, everything is simple. There's not much features but is really cute plus the characters there are adorable.

But if she's experienced with Tamagotchis, then go for a version 5 or better yet, go for a version 5.5.

Thank you guys! :)

She's decided on going for a Tamagotchi Friends as they seem to be simpler, which is what she wants more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back