Used/Preloved Tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorRosette

Reaction score
What do you think of used/preloved tamas? Do you own some? How many are in your collection?

We all see them if we visit ebay, sometimes pretty often. What do you think of people selling them, let alone for higher prices?

I own some preloved tamas. I am glad to have them. They are actually some of my favorites I own. I have quite a few of them. My favorites being my v2 and my id s. I paid more then I should have for the v2, but seeing its condition, what had grown before, this person probably didn't really want to sell it. Or atleast that is my veiw. My ids, those things are lucky. A green a week before I bought a silver blue one. Not as loved, or very loved, I can't directly tell... But the inners, yeesh. They are so much better, those both were steals. Its like the person is sharing part of their childhood with me, its kinda nice to think that way.

Most of my Tamagotchi were purchased or gifted in used condition. I prefer to buy pre-worn toys; like with cars, the value of a toy decreases drastically after it's been used. As long as it works, I don't mind a few imperfections. I might even say wear gives toys a particular charm and character--something a mint-condition might lack.

I have a few used ones. I bought them because I had just spend a lot of money on my P's, saw them on ebay and thought, yep, I'm gonna buy those.

My used id L has quite a lot of scratches, but I honestly don't care at all. It was pretty cheap and it still works without no problem, I don't really mind its used state.

But I'm not one of those people who take care such good care of their tamagotchis, either.. my P's already has a few scratches, but I think that's just normal and what you have to expect when you use something. :3

So I gladly buy used tamas, as long as they are cheaper and working fine. :D

About a third of mine are "pre-loved". I don't mind them at all, as long as they work, and are not badly scratched. I'd rather buy a used in great condition than pay an arm and a leg for the same one brand new.

I'm totally the same way. Most of my tamas were pre-loved, partially because I can rarely afford brand new ones. It also makes me feel like I'm rescuing them in a way, instead of gathering dust or being thrown away, they get to become part of my collection where they'll be loved and played with. I only have 2 or 3 mint tamas of my 10 to 12 (I haven't counted in a while)

Most of my Tamagotchis are used. I love them all, even those that are in terrible condition. :) Even beat-up Tamagotchis need love too <3

I get them from classifieds, Yahoo Japan, FaceBook, and second-hand stores.

42 of my Tamagotchis were preloved.

I honestly prefer new tamagotchis. I find it difficult to truly judge a tamagotchi's condition from pictures alone, and when many of my used tamagotchis arrive, they often have scratches on the shell which can't be removed with displex, or little indents, or small scrapes in the paint. I have only ever received two used tamagotchis which were in near mint condition as described in the online listing.

The majority of my tamagotchis were bought new, though I have purchased many that were used. I do keep (and intentionally buy on occasion) really beat-up tamagotchis, as they are great to take with me when I travel.

Most of my used are in decent condition. My ids, not so much, but they are better then imaged online. I appriciate the option of having a tama I might not have because they are a rare design or highly wanted one. Its better when you realize its a rare one. I have one that came without a back, but I have plenty to barrow from, like a v5 that is clear... The back can be "personalized" behind the battery door. Coming with scratches, its a chance, but if its that one you have been wanting... Deal right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back