Tamagotchi 4U English App

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myiko

Reaction score
Well guys, just like how the P's got an english patch Mr. Blinlky is working on an english version of the 4U app!

Here you can see a video of it properly working:
*link removed - site rules*

There's still some work to do, Mr. Blinky is trying to do some more hacking and set up the servers, and I still have to remake some stuff that could look better, I'm trying to make it looks as close to the original as possible, but I think most of it is done already :)

I hope you all like how it's looking so far! this will be great for non-japanese 4U users :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay :D Just hope Bandai doesn't go into this...

What I wanna know is, is there a way to make it compatible for all devices and send to a 4u or will it still be the whole not compatible with anything problem

What I wanna know is, is there a way to make it compatible for all devices and send to a 4u or will it still be the whole not compatible with anything problem
Mr. Blinky it's trying to see if he can do something about it, no luck for now, so let's just hope :(

Good news guys! the work on the app is nearly finished!

I've been testing the app myself and it works pretty well, it is a lot more simple than the actual app, it takes you directly to the free items section and you don't have to register your 4U or anything :p

However there's still a lot of work to do, the server is not ready yet so the items are not ready for download, but the item sending seems to be working perfectly :)

Oh my god, you guys are brilliant, I am looking forward to see the finished thing! ^__^

So is the list of compatible phones the same, or is there higher compatibility rate now? I've been holding back on a phone until I find out what phones are most compatible with the app

IMPORTANT QUESTION...

Will this new (hacked) app overwrite the official app when I install it on my android? Because, as excited as I am about the new one, I still don't want to delete the official one because I still want to be able to make in-app purchases and utilize the password feature for special items. But the in-app purchase section is very important to me and I don't want to lose it.

In other words, I'd like to be able to have BOTH apps installed on my android device at the same time.

You can see in MstrBlinky's video he has both on his tablet. It would make no sense if one app would delete another - they're two different, separate apps.

Yup, I just noticed that a few minutes ago when I watched his video.

But yes, it would make sense for one app to overwrite the other, depending on how it's coded. I've had it happen with other apps.

However, I should've known that Mr.Blinky was smarter than that, and that he wouldn't let that happen :)

Guys the items are working and ready to be sent from the english app to the 4U! the Character and Promotion sections are a bit glitchy still, but we hope for it to be fixed soon :lol:

Still lots of work to do to get the character sections ready, but we'll do our best ;)

So is the list of compatible phones the same, or is there higher compatibility rate now? I've been holding back on a phone until I find out what phones are most compatible with the app
Its the same, apparently is the 4Us hardware the one causing this, so there's no way to fix that :(

IMPORTANT QUESTION...

Will this new (hacked) app overwrite the official app when I install it on my android? Because, as excited as I am about the new one, I still don't want to delete the official one because I still want to be able to make in-app purchases and utilize the password feature for special items. But the in-app purchase section is very important to me and I don't want to lose it.

In other words, I'd like to be able to have BOTH apps installed on my android device at the same time.
Well, you couldn't install them both until today lol

Mr. Blinky just made it so both apps can be installed at the same time, since before the english one wouldn't install having the japanese one already installed, but now it seems you can install them both properly :D

Also the english one doesn't have in app purchases because it runs in a private server, and uploading the paid content to that server would be kind of ilegal xD

Also the english one doesn't have in app purchases because it runs in a private server, and uploading the paid content to that server would be kind of ilegal xD
Yeah I knew that. I don't really need in-app purchases in the english version as long as I still have access to the official app :)

Awesome, thanks Myiko! Any estimate on how long it will take for the server to be up and running? :)
Hopefully it will be ready by early january, no promises though, but we will try get it ready as soon as we can xD

That's awesome. I look forward to it!

Do you know if the timing of that will conflict with the release of the 4th english P's patch? Last I heard, he was hoping for January on that one too.

Yeah the 4U app will possibily delay the P's patch a bit, but not too much I believe, Mr. Blinky says he will keep working on the P's as soon as the app is done, wich will be pretty soon I hope, we've been working on it a lot today, and now is working really great :D

Anyway if you are wondering about the patch, I also helped a little bit with it, but there's not much to do, the graphics are completely done and the translations are nearly finished, however Mr. Blinky has a lot of coding to do, so that's what will take him a while, I wish I could help him with that but I have no clue about coding :(

Ok, thanks Myiko, for the quick reply. I have about six P's and I've been holding off playing with them anymore till the 4th patch is out.

Technically I can play with them without the 4th patch, but then I miss out on all the dialog in the park and the secret base. So I'd rather just wait for the last patch so I can really enjoy them. So needless to say, I've been a little anxious for that one...more so than the 4U app.

But I'm certainly not complaining. I'm very appreciative for the hard work that Mr.Blinky (and you) have put into these things, and I'm so grateful there are people out there who can do this kind of stuff.

PS: to give you an idea, I started out with only 3 P's. It was only because of the english patches that I rushed over to eBay and bought 3 more. So Mr.Blinky has literally changed my tamagotch life :)

Forgive me for being slow, but is the only way to get this app for the 4U(or the P) is have a tablet/android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back