Worried about package for the first time

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
My package from Yahoo Japan is taking forever and I'm worried that it's lost or something.

Click here for the tracking

Usually, my SAL packages take about a week to arrive. But this is SEA, which is even lower than SAL. I've never used SEA before, so is taking this long normal? I've never had to wait so long for a package from Japan!

As you can see from the tracking, it's been over two weeks, going on to three, since the tracking updated.

The main reason I am upset about this is because it included Christmas presents for myself... I am getting nothing else for Christmas :( Plus it also had some presents for my friends but there's no way the presents would arrive on time when I send them.

It also had some things I was planning on selling to buy stuff for me and my friends.

But if it's lost or something I'm gonna be upset forever... the shipping was $50 alone because there was so much stuff in it, costing me an arm and a leg :p I don't want it to all go to waste! :(

Do you think my package is lost or not?

Also, have you ever used SEA mail or not?

My dad used SeaMail from China once, it was like 20 books, it took 2 months...

Please be aware that it is also the holiday season, packages will take a lot longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
As ciara683 said, the courier services are usually a bit slower this time of the year. They're probably one of the busiest industries around this time :p

Considering it takes cargo ships 14 days just to travel from Japan to Australia you then have to add on the waiting times for packing and the actual date it will set off from port and from there unpacking and going through customs, going to sorting offices to be sent to the right local post office which can take up to 2 weeks alone if it's not "1st class" usually takes around a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back