Rare but original Dinkies?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbabyblue

Reaction score
Hello everyone, today I have a question about the dinkie dino. As many of you, I have a website where I posted Information about the Dinkie dino. Someone from Brazil contacted me to ask me what does the "E" and the "T" on the shell design, next to the little dino stands for?. Of course, my first reaction was to tell him that he'd probably purchased a fake one, because the original one does not have those letters.

It was a huge surprise for me when he told me that it was, in fact, an original one and sent me these pictures:

dinkie1_zps546a8aa2.jpg
dinkie2_zps8259d2f4.jpg
dinkieeeee4_zpsb129e98a.jpg

dinkie3_zps4f7d6002.jpg

Of course, I couldn't tell him it was not an original one after this, I mean, it is clearly a 100% original. However, it was not the first time I had seen brazilian pictures of an apparently fake dinkie, that ended up being original. The white version has red buttons, but I've seen one for sale (at a virtual store of Brazil) with yellow buttons, and it was an original one:​
raredinkies_zpsf659d6e2.jpg
So my question is... do you know anything about these designs? are there "rare" ones? or maybe special designs from Brazil? do you know what the "E" and the "T" stands for?​

The E and the T seem a little out of place... maybe the seller took it out of the package and marked those letters on it for some reason? :eek:

Hi Eternal Mametchi Fan, well... the person who contacted me told me that he bought it as a brand new dinkie... he has the theory that maybe it was a printing mistake and didn't go through quality control or something and ended up being unique by mistake LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones coming out of South America have a good history of being real. The only cases of these I have ever bought (trusted to be real) are from there.

I have no idea what those letters are supposed to signify. Interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back