Thoughts on the Tama-Go?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about getting a Tama-Go. I really enjoyed the Tamagotchi Friends. I like how low maintenance and simplistic it is. I'm under the impression that the Tama-Go is like the Friends but with better games and more usuable items - is that true?

If you have a Tama-Go, how do you like it? How does it compare to the Friends? Also, what's the discipline system like?

Thanks!

I personally love it, it has a really great set of characters, lots of fun games, it's the only BW version with house redecorations, it has some really cool features like the training and park and faceplates!

It's basically a TF's with better character and the option to extend content, if you get some figures with yours you will be able to unlock more games and features, even some hidden features not many people know such as taking your Tamagotchi to work or giving them accesories :)

I would recomend you to get Kuchipatchi and Ringotchi's figures, they can be easilly tricked into other figures by just using a piece of paper, so you could be able to get the 6 set of wave-1 figures content for fairly cheap, what means 6 different destinations and 12 new games and items :p

And yeah the Tama-Go has better games than the friends, not only because the figures give you a lot of variety, but also because the 5 built in games are really fun :lol:

However the Tama-Go also has it disadvantages, first af all, its rounded size, it makes it a perfect Tamagotchi to keep at home (its also really cool how it stands, it looks like one of those fancy decorative eggs), but if yu are planning on taking it with you somewhere else, is not really convenient. What comes second is that the screen is REALLY, REALLY REALLY easy to scratch, so you must always keep it in some kind of pouch, and even then it will scratch magically but not that much xD

Also this is a personal thing that annoys me about the Tama-Go, It is REALLY hard not to get perfect characters, even more than the TF's because it doesn't go through car misses, I've had 3 Kuromametchis right after the other trying to get Nonopotchi and Kikitchi :( at least there's a 20% of getting a random character, which I'm glad, I would have never had Necktietchi otherwise xD

Overall I think is a really good Tamagotchi and it didn't deserve all the criticism it got, I say is probably one of the best english releases, because with the figures you can get tons of content you could never get on earlier versions, and in top of that, it was sold for a fairly cheap price, wich made the figures a lot more affordable so you could buy some of them, sure it has it disadvantages, but no Tamagotchi is perfect ^_^

I personally love it, it has a really great set of characters, lots of fun games, it's the only BW version with house redecorations, it has some really cool features like the training and park and faceplates!

It's basically a TF's with better character and the option to extend content, if you get some figures with yours you will be able to unlock more games and features, even some hidden features not many people know such as taking your Tamagotchi to work or giving them accesories :)

I would recomend you to get Kuchipatchi and Ringotchi's figures, they can be easilly tricked into other figures by just using a piece of paper, so you could be able to get the 6 set of wave-1 figures content for fairly cheap, what means 6 different destinations and 12 new games and items :p

And yeah the Tama-Go has better games than the friends, not only because the figures give you a lot of variety, but also because the 5 built in games are really fun :lol:

However the Tama-Go also has it disadvantages, first af all, its rounded size, it makes it a perfect Tamagotchi to keep at home (its also really cool how it stands, it looks like one of those fancy decorative eggs), but if yu are planning on taking it with you somewhere else, is not really convenient. What comes second is that the screen is REALLY, REALLY REALLY easy to scratch, so you must always keep it in some kind of pouch, and even then it will scratch magically but not that much xD

Also this is a personal thing that annoys me about the Tama-Go, It is REALLY hard not to get perfect characters, even more than the TF's because it doesn't go through car misses, I've had 3 Kuromametchis right after the other trying to get Nonopotchi and Kikitchi :( at least there's a 20% of getting a random character, which I'm glad, I would have never had Necktietchi otherwise xD

Overall I think is a really good Tamagotchi and it didn't deserve all the criticism it got, I say is probably one of the best english releases, because with the figures you can get tons of content you could never get on earlier versions, and in top of that, it was sold for a fairly cheap price, wich made the figures a lot more affordable so you could buy some of them, sure it has it disadvantages, but no Tamagotchi is perfect ^_^
Thanks for the reply! Could you explain more about "tricking" it into using other figures? Thanks.

Overall, the toy is nice, the characters are cute, and the figure feature is neat, to. But, the toy itself was ALOT more bigger than I imagened. It was the size of my hand, literally. *Keep in mind that the Tama go is not as big as a Tama Deka..*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was somewhat disappointed and somewhat satisfied for owning the entire first wave.

The base toy alone is not too interesting. Figures are almost a requirement for not being bored by G2. This is where portability becomes an issue. I think the Tama-GO would make a fine home decoration, but because figures are going to be commonly used and the body is a large size, taking one out and about might not be an option for some people.

Fundamentally, it's not so different from the other core global releases (though it's not as repetitive as Tamagotchi Coffretchi). The characters are reasonably satisfying to see and the faceplates open up a world of decorative possibilities. The default games are fun enough, and the park is a nice addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back