Infamous approaches to parenting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

Reaction score
Talk about some ineffective or immoral technique used in guiding children.

Quickies:

• I think it's hilarious that officials think just pasting the word "perseverance" onto the wall of every classroom will instill that skill in the students.
  • It's incredibly awkward that some think isolating and punishing their children will change their ways. Particularly, the fact that some parents think it will actually work (cutting off a homosexual, etc.)
  • It's an impossible situation when a disturbed young person becomes a shut-in. Even more so in some of the more developed Asian countries, where the most extreme cases of isolation are enabled; family members will come by and pick up laundry, or leave food, and conceal the person (considered shameful).

Feel free to criticize weak points in my perceptions, and share your ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't do what I did in life."

Hmm. Well then.

In school, I think it's pretty counterproductive that you're taught to sit down and shut up but then you're scolded for not being "an active participant in class discussions."

Can't stand when parents tell their kids what to become in life (doctor, etc.) and want their kids to attend the most prestigious universities just so the parents have bragging rights.

And it's obnoxious to have narrow-minded teachers who spew their opinions at you, complain about their inadequate salaries and say that state workers have everything so much better (they don't, btw).

and don't you just love it when those bright students, pressured by parents into intensive uni programs, realize that being a doctor is really hard and drop out

--

sad when a child's friend dies and the child is obviously mortified by the fact that the friend was not religious

imagine scared young people believing some of their dead friends went to hell

The older sibling gets "messed up" and the parents make an obvious effort to make sure the younger one doesn't turn out the same. I'm an older sibling and it's been happening since I was 5. My parents even say to my brother, in front of me, stuff like "don't turn out like your sister" and "don't copy your sister". It sucks and doesn't even work.

Reminds me of my friend. She calls every once in a while, crying, because her mother insults her and tells her things like her older sibling is so much better than her that she can never aspire to be the same

and don't you just love it when those bright students, pressured by parents into intensive uni programs, realize that being a doctor is really hard and drop out

--

sad when a child's friend dies and the child is obviously mortified by the fact that the friend was not religious

imagine scared young people believing some of their dead friends went to hell
Yeah, to me such religious teachings are the epitome of rule by fear. =/

I mean, religions can do great things too but [see above].

"Go to a good university so you can find a good man."

Working at a lake as a lifeguard and swimming instructor for 2 summers, I've seen some great parents and families, and some really bad ones. I could go on and on lol

For example, parents who have an attitude of "my kid is right no matter what". These parents argue endlessly with teachers, swimming teachers (me), even other parents. I have seen parents getting into arguments because their kids were arguing! As in the parents were taking sides. What a great and mature example you are being for your children. >_>

And another thing, as much as you want your kid to be perfect, 1) it's not possible, they're human and 2) it's not healthy to treat a kid that way.

I can't stand seeing obviously spoiled children. I'm not talking about good parents that work hard so they can get nice toys and things for their kids, I'm talking about the kids that need EVERY brand new toy that comes out, plays with it for a few days, and then starts complaining and whining until they get some other new toy their friend was talking about. I hate to see kids complain that their parents "won't" buy them an expensive toy, including some of the more expensive Tamagotchis here on TT. I've seen statuses mentioning their parents didn't buy them the tama they wanted because of the price and I honestly feel like lecturing them. Kids nowadays cannot handle not having the things they want. When I was growing up, if I wanted something a bit more pricey and my parents said no, I understood that they were busting their you-know-whats to put food on the table and save up for nice trips and other stuff for us, and I patiently waited for a birthday or for my parents to offer to buy me something if they got a good paycheck. There is none of that patience anymore in this generation.

TL;DR: Parents who spoil their kids are actually ruining their kids.

when ur parents make u go to school even tho its causing u severe anxiety and causing u to self harm :^) 10/10 parenting!!!!

When parents (not mine) lie to their kids about what will happen if they do a certain thing, in order to get them to stop doing it.

Examples:

If you watch too much TV, your eyes will fall out.

If you eat watermelon seeds, a watermelon will grow in your stomach.

If you stay up past 8:00PM, you will drop dead.

parents who want to shape the lives of their children and tell them what to study, what job to do, who to marry etc.

Just parents who want to use their children for their benefit.

edit: I didn't know awkwardo talked about this. sorry. :p

bf42ad4750.png

my mom kicked and punched me on the floor an hour ago, called me a **** and said I have no human rights.yay.

best parent in the entire frikkin world.

Parents who just want to be a complete snob about almost everything. And not to mention that in one of my old neighbrohoods, some of my neighbor's parents where ignorant. For example: There was this one time when I was going to church with my family, when all of a sudden, we saw one of their kids 1 foot on the road of the neighbrohood. We told the mother of the child that she needs to get off the street. But in relpy, the mom said "Oh she's fine." But we told her that it was not fine, and her child could get ran over. But she still thought it was fine, or something. And there was this one time when one of their kids was in the street playing, while a car was moving. And that is not ok at all..I just hate those types of parents..I don't hate parents, I sometimes just dislike thier attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back