Thinking of getting a 4U for my b-day...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a year now...and this year is the year I can get one (if they are still in stock by then).

Would you recommend it?

Absolutely! I really like the 4U. It's a great blend of complexity of features and simplicity of care. It does this by incorporating different skills to learn, as well has having the tamatomo feature. However, for those of you who work or go to school or university, it also has a babysitting feature which doesn't seem to affect growth.

Well, I seen you also wanted a P's as a second choice, and though I don't have a 4U, I've worked on both P's and 4U for Mr. Blinky, and in my opinion the P's would do better for you.

The 4U lacks of lots of content if you are not in Japan, since its main focus is on touch spots and downloadable content, and even then, the downloadable content is really hard to get outside Japan, making it a version that lacks of something outside Japan, you wouldn't be getting the complete experience because of this.

As an opposite to this, the P's works with infrared, which is a lot easier to use and a lot cheaper, sending downloads to it is beyond easy comared to the 4U, plus the P's for now has a lot more potential, since you can get all content from iD, iD L AND 4U all in your P's, so you would getting the content from all the versions in one xD

Sure the 4U has a better concept, since I personally prefer Doritamatown and the training features and animations are amazing, but you would be done with it quite quickly without the extra Japanese, and if you don't have any other color version you would rather get a more entertaining one, remember the 4U is more meant for busy people anyway~

In conclussion I would say you would enjoy the P's more (specially if your favourite is the V5), but if you just wanna be a cool kid go with the 4U still :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I seen you also wanted a P's as a second choice, and though I don't have a 4U, I've worked on both P's and 4U for Mr. Blinky, and in my opinion the P's would do better for you.The 4U lacks of lots of content if you are not in Japan, since its main focus is on touch spots and downloadable content, and even then, the downloadable content is really hard to get outside Japan, making it a version that lacks of something outside Japan, you wouldn't be getting the complete experience because of this.

As an opposite to this, the P's works with infrared, which is a lot easier to use and a lot cheaper, sending downloads to it is beyond easy comared to the 4U, plus the P's for now has a lot more potential, since you can get all content from iD, iD L AND 4U all in your P's, so you would getting the content from all the versions in one xD (And also the english patch ye <3)

Sure the 4U has a better concept, since I personally prefer Doritamatown and the training features and animations are amazing, but you would be done with it quite quickly without the extra Japanese, and if you don't have any other color version you would rather get a more entertaining one, remember the 4U is more meant for busy people anyway~

In conclussion I would say you would enjoy the P's more (specially if your favourite is the V5), but if you just wanna be a cool kid go with the 4U still :p
Well, I would only get a P's if I couldn't afford the 4U.

I'm still going for the 4U.

I recommend it. My friend got me one a few months back (I'm running it now) and now I'm waiting for my second one to be delivered.

Curious... What color are ya after? I think I might go for a purple one. Purple always looks so pretty to me...

What is your price limit? I can keep an eye out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back