Full 1997 Tiger Giga Pet Health Care Guide

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraKitty

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Today I decided to make a COMPLETE (hopefully) health and playing/care guide for the vintage 1997 Tiger Giga Pets. First and foremost, I would like to say that this guide might not work for every Giga Pet, but I'm pretty sure a lot of things apply to ALL of them (they are very similar!).

The reason why I decided to make this, was to finally put together a complete guide. When I got my new (old) Giga Pet, I find some information on it here and there, but it took me hours and hours of research on the internet. Here, I also included my own notices which I didn't read anywhere!

So you don't need to browse the web for hours, just read my guide and you're good to go!

A lot of people say it's really hard to take care of a Giga Pet, their health is very fragile, but I don't think it's true! You just need to know a couple of things before you start and everything will be fine! My Compu Kitty's health is ALWAYS 100 for example, I will tell you how to do it!

I won't start with the instructions, because you can still find that on Hasbro's website, just type in Google, for example: “Giga Pet Compu Kitty instructions” and you will find a downloadable PDF.

Let's start the guide!

Food: ONLY feed your pet with the main food when she's hungry, NEVER the snack, because it will make her gain weight AND lose Health points, which is hard to get back. The only time you should give her a snack when she did a trick correctly, but NO MORE than 2-3 a day. 3 is the MAXIMUM you should give her a day or her health will drop by 1! (More about this under the “Trick”.) So give her the main food if she's hungry, which worth 20 points in her Food bar. You need to wait until her Food point is 80 or below,(always check her status before you want to feed her), NEVER make it go over 100, her health will drop!

Sleep: It will go to sleep around 9-9:30 pm and sleeps until 7am. She will wake up automatically and get 1 Health point. NEVER put your Giga Pet to sleep if she didn't ask for it, she will lose health points! If she wants to go to sleep, then the attention icon will flash and she will make a sad face. If everything is fine with her, then she needs to sleep. She will also require 3 naps during the day, the attention icon flashes, sad face, so put her to sleep. She will sleep for 15 minutes, then she will wake up automatically, DON'T wake her up sooner. She will gain 1 health point when she woke up. Her nap times: around 10:45 AM, 2:45 PM and 6:45 PM.

Play: You need to keep her happiness at 100 all the time! It's enough to play a game with her once in every hour, but you can play with her as much as you want EXCEPT when she's tired and needs to sleep soon. If you play with her at this time, her happiness will go down. But other than this, play with her to your heart's content. :)

Medicine: Now this is kinda funny. If she's sick, bring her to the doctor, but if she's not, then only ONCE a day, otherwise her health points will go down. :D So ONCE a day, preferable in the morning, it will raise her health points. (If her Health point is already 100, you can skip this.) (Also, if she's not sick, her happiness will drop, so play with her after the vet until it's 100 again.)

Cleaning: You use this to clean up the poop. Other than that, if there's no poop, you do this only ONCE a day (in the morning), her health will go up by 1. If you clean her again (no poop), she will lose health point. (She poops once after 2-3 meals).

Status: Check her points, in every half an hour/hour. Feed her, discipline her, play with her. Make sure you check her regularly! Also check the points before you want to do something!

Trick/Reward: First select a trick, if she did the trick correctly, give her a snack (NO MORE than 3 a day!!!) and she will remember that trick. One trick worth 10 points in the Discipline bar, you need to wait for the point to be 90 or below, DON'T do a trick if it's 90 something, don't make it go over 100, her health will drop! Make sure to check the Food point as well, 1 reward/snack worth 5 points, don't make her Food point go over 100, she will lose Health points. Give her a reward, when her Food point is 95 or below! (Make her remember 2 tricks a day, and then use these all day. She forgets it over night, you need to teach her every day.)

Discipline: NEVER use it! It raises her discipline, but her happiness and sometimes HEALTH will go down, so forget about this menu completely! If you need to raise Discipline, make her do a trick, which she already knows, worth 10 points.

The last icon (you can't select it) is the Attention, when she wants you to do something. The Giga Pets will make noises quite often, you can ignore that, except when the Attention icon flashes. She needs something. If you take really good care of it, then probably she just needs to sleep, or there's poop. Pay attention to her in every half an hour, MAXIMUM once in every hour!

If you do everything correctly, then your pet's health will stay on 100 all the time and live a long life!

Other tips/comments:

Few notices about the Compu Kitty: At the end of the first day her health was 93, and weight:7lb. She was already in her second stage form, when she reached 5lb (her start weight was 2lb). On the second day her Health went to the maximum, 100 and stayed there ever since! :) On the third day, she changed her form again, when she became 16lb. Now she looks really fat :D (Her health is still 100, and stays on maximum ever since.) She gains 5lb a day, no more than that! (Most Giga Pets have 3 stages, they change their form 3 times.)

Clock tip: If you don't want to get up at 7am with your Giga Pet (like me, I'm a night owl), then set her clock -2 hours or however you want it. For example: her time is 7 am when she wakes up, but in reality, it's already 9, so minus 2 hours in the Giga Pet clock. This way she will go to sleep around 11:30 pm in real life. For me it's much more comfortable!

Points: Don't let it go below 60! Check up on her regularly and feed her, discipline her, clean up her poop, play with her! If her points reaches 60, you need to give her 2 main meals (worth 20 points each), make her do Tricks 4 times (10 points each) and play with her a little bit, so everything will be 100 but NO MORE than that! (I usually do everything, when her points are 80 or 70-80).

Here's what I do in the morning when we wake up: Check her status points, feed her, teach 2 tricks to her (I will discipline her with these), play with her accordingly to the points, then make her have ONE shower and take her to the vet, (If her health is 100 then this is not important.) Then check her points regularly throughout the day.

If you messed it up: If your Giga Pet's health is 40 or (God save me!) below, there's NO WAY you can save your pet, you need to restart the game. (Bringing her to the vet again and again will only make her lose more Health points.) Sorry about it, restart! It will be better next time!

So I believe this is all you need to know, I hope it helped a lot of people (and I didn't forget anything). With this guide (and checking her regularly), you can keep her Health at 100 all the time! My highest score was 100, just as everything else! :)

(If there was an error, sorry, my mother language isn't English.)

Thanks for reading! :)

KiraKitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back