Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. coloured characters?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwd45

Reaction score
As you may all know in all of the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. apps there's a feature where the colour of the adult in app mode is randomly chosen from one of three colours. The tutorial even states this fact:

"In APP mode, Tamagotchis change to one of three different colours when they mature. *The colour changes randomly."

I'm not sure if there's a higher probability of getting the 'default' colour each time or if I've just been unlucky but there's a bit of a pattern emerging from the Tamagotchis I've raised so far.

In the gen 1 app, I've raised two Masktchis and one Nyorotchi. All default colours.

In gen 2, two Pochitchis. One is the default colour and the other is pink.

Obviously this is a very small sample to work with, and my Tamagotchi angel characters show a different trend, anyway. In the angel app, I've raised two chestnut angels, one yellow and one pink; two chubby angels, both pink; and two twin angels, one yellow and one pink. So no default colours.

Obviously there's still a very high chance that this could happen to anyone. There isn't truly a 'pattern' emerging.

Though, what interests me is that the teen characters I've had have all been the default colour. All 5 of them. Assuming the probability distribution is discrete and uniform this still has only a 1/243 chance of happening. Also, note how the original version of Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. also had sprites for different coloured teenage characters (and even children and babies), but they remained unused. Could it be possible that that was the case here, that they added the sprites and even gave them 3 colours in the gallery but never allowed them to be 3 colours? Or maybe there's a higher chance of getting the default colour? Or could it be just bad luck?

Has anyone else managed to get coloured teens on the angel app, and what character colours have you got across the three apps?

I've never had a different colored teen character in the Angel app. As for my adults, I've had: blue and yellow Ginjirotchi, pink Masktchi, default Mimitchi, blue Pochitchi, and orange Kusatchi. So I've only had one default colored adult. In the Angel app, I've had pink Chestnut Angel and pink Twin Angels. No defaults.

Okay, it sounds to me like maybe there's not a higher chance of getting the default colour after all. Still strange that neither of us have had different coloured teenagers? Or maybe it's not so random after all and there's a method to getting them like secret characters (speaking of which, has anyone managed to get Deviltchi or Unchi-Kun?)

You can get different colored teens on the angel, I got the angel takotchi (I think is called) with a different color once (I guess it's just really low chance), and I've also managed to get Deviltchi, but no luck with Unchi-kun yet D:

ohh okay, I guess I've just had really bad luck so far, how did you manage to get deviltchi?
Well, Deviltchi isn't really a character that you can care for, but Deviltchi is the last stage if you don't care for your Tamagotchi correctly and ends up evolving into him (in the app, dunno if the actual toy version does the same).

Well, Deviltchi isn't really a character that you can care for, but Deviltchi is the last stage if you don't care for your Tamagotchi correctly and ends up evolving into him (in the app, dunno if the actual toy version does the same).
According to the wiki:

"On Japanese editions of the Tamagotchi Angel, Deviltchi can only be obtained if the Tamagotchi owner deliberately neglects their Angel, either by refusing to feed it or clean its poo, or by turning off the lights during the day to get it sick. Deviltchi cannot be cared for; he is one of the two Death screens of the toy. If he appears, the user must restart their unit.

On English editions, the animation of the Angel turning into him is replaced with a black egg, and the words "Bye bye!" appear. On the App edition, Deviltchi appears on the English version, obtained from severe neglect (but not from deliberately forcing the Angel to die)."

Okay, that makes sense. And I guess this is backed up also by the fact that in the app's files the Deviltchi sprite sheet only contains 4 poses. Funnily enough there's also sprites for both unchi-kun characters, one with a face and one without, meaning perhaps that's a death screen too. There's also multiple identical sheets for obaketchi implying that maybe the method of getting unchi-kun through luck every now and then directly from obaketchi still holds for the app version.

There's a lot you can learn just by looking at the sprite sheets I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back