Need advice regarding a Tamagotchi sale...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I recently sold a NIB Anniversary iD L in Royal Pink for $50. I originally bought it for $60 off eBay.

When the tama reached the buyer she opened it and said that it had discolored due to sunlight, and was disappointed. I had let her know earlier on that I doubted there was discoloration since I always store my tamas in dark places and by looking at it from out of the box it didn't look discolored.

Anyway, we agreed that I would return her part of the price of the tamagotchi to make up for the discoloration, since she didn't get exactly what she was expecting.

She wants $25 off (50% off what I sold it for), but I think $15 is more suitable as it is a NIB tama, works perfectly, and has no flaws aside from the mild color difference.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah 25$ off is way too much of a discount for a NIB Tama, a slight discolorations shouldn't make it be half its price I believe D:

Thats when putting... "Sold As is" would be good to add in each sale. Its New and In Box... I would actually ask for pictures of the discoloration and others who own one, to send/post pictures of theirs to show to the person with the tama now. Each of the pink colored tamas are a bit different.

It probably is discolored. Sunlight doesn't have much to do with it.

Sometimes, I don't notice something's discolored until I open it up. You can usually tell because the back is undamaged.

I think $10 is a good return, really. $15 is too much. Buyers have to take risks, too.

It is kind of inconsiderate of her to want so much money back over something that's the fault of the manufacturer, not you. Try explaining this to her as best as possible. I wouldn't pay her more than $10 - $15 back.

If things don't go well, you could leave her a bad buyer feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back