The Mysterious Dress

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What colors do you see the dress as?

• Blue and black

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • White and gold

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
This dress photo has gone VIRAL! Some people see it as blue with black lace, and others see it as white with gold lace.

What colors do YOU see the dress as?

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_1280.jpg

Soft Blue and Dark Ochre xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Just mixed the standard colours in photoshop to get the exact colours as that dress, is indeed a Dark Ochre and a Soft Blue mixed with a tiny bit of Magenta xD

The official name of the dress says Royal Blue in it ouo I think the colors are slightly off in the photo tho XD

LOL @ one tweet I read:

I can't tell if it's white & gold or blue & black. All I can see is that it's heinous. Sooo last season gurrrlllll
1f485.png

I see White and Gold in the photo, but I've just watched an interview with the design house who created the dress and the woman was wearing the dress in the interview - definitely blue and black in the video :)

this dress is everywhere make it go away please

(but I always see it as blue and black/brown)

I first saw it randomly on deviantArt and I wasn't aware it was such a big deal until my parents told me it was on the news O_O

Hopefully the fad ends in a day or so XD

I see only blue and black. Surrounding the image with black caused the black parts of the dress to appear slightly brown/goldish, but the blue parts are always strong blue. The only way I can see it white and gold is when I change the colors in the image. xP

I suppose it is similar to other color illusions...when the brain makes assumptions about the surrounding lighting and tries to "fix" the color of stuff...

ajtu2p.jpg

Such as this cube. The center square on top is a bland brown, and the center square in the shadowy area is yellow/orange. But both squares are actually the exact same color (they are both brown).

Last edited by a moderator:
I CANNOT EVEN ANYMORE

on my friend's phone i saw it as blue and black, others said white and gold

ON MY PHONE I SEE IT AS WHITE AND GOLD

WHAT IS THIS EVEN

I see blue and gold.

It's been all over the radio and fb and there were tons of debtes at school today.

I think it's got something to do with the screen it's being viewed on.

What the heckkkk on my friend's phone I saw blue and black now on the computer I see white and gold what is this suppose to beeeee

I think it's a trick. I looked at this post earlier today and it was very obviously white and gold. I just came back to this same post to test my theory and it is now obviously blue and black. Same computer. Same lighting in this room. Same post, same website. I think what happens is whenever someone generates an image of this dress, it somehow random generates either the white and gold dress in the photo or the blue and black dress. I'll need to do more testing like refreshing the page at different times, and looking for it on other websites, but I'm still sticking with my theory that this is some huge joke and they're two completely different dresses and photos randomly generated when you load the photo of it.

I am yet to see how it can appear white at all. Always blue. **looks at monitor from high angle** Much paler and brighter, but still blueee.

I dunno why people are arguing about dress colour...

...some stupid stuff people can argue about... hopefully nothing gets killed for this topic.

I think it's a trick. I looked at this post earlier today and it was very obviously white and gold. I just came back to this same post to test my theory and it is now obviously blue and black. Same computer. Same lighting in this room. Same post, same website. I think what happens is whenever someone generates an image of this dress, it somehow random generates either the white and gold dress in the photo or the blue and black dress. I'll need to do more testing like refreshing the page at different times, and looking for it on other websites, but I'm still sticking with my theory that this is some huge joke and they're two completely different dresses and photos randomly generated when you load the photo of it.
Actually I don't think this could be true because it was shown on TV, and different people saw it at the same time but still saw it as different colors. Also I know of people who showed the same picture, same screen, to many people at the same time and all saw it as different colors. It is a plausible theory though.

Here is a scientific explanation:

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Actually I don't think this could be true because it was shown on TV, and different people saw it at the same time but still saw it as different colors. Also I know of people who showed the same picture, same screen, to many people at the same time and all saw it as different colors. It is a plausible theory though.

Here is a scientific explanation:

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/
Hmm, very interesting link. I didn't know there was a video, I thought it was an image being passed around. That does throw my theory out. The article is very interesting. I'm wondering whether it had to do with the time of day during which I looked at it. When I first saw it, it was around 5:00 P.M. The next time I checked it out, it was around 9:00 P.M. I don't know if that has anything to do with how our eyes work. Even though it was darker outside, I was still looking at my computer screen in a lit room. I'm intrigued. Just looked at it right now (it's dark in the room now, lights are all off), and now I see it as the middle image, just dull blue and brownish-black. Stared at it for a while, concentrating on different parts of the photo, and suddenly saw it as white and gold again. I think it depends on: how adjusted your eyes are to the light of wherever you are, what point of the picture you focus on, and how much of the background you're also taking in when looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back