4U compatible phones

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furbitchi

Reaction score
I have decided to put this up becuase of the number of people asking and jumbled comversations of what phones work with the 4u app. Here I will list all phones/tablets that both are compatible and non compatible and I need your help guys also if this topic needs to be moved placed somewhere that's fine but we need this topic as it's handy.

First off in general ALL PHONES WITH NFC CAN USE BASIC CONNECTION WITH THE 4U this means that if nfc on a smartphone is enabled you can check and play animations and secrets by touching it against the phone this also works with various live nfc spots like train card readers, PayPass etc

Also note that most phones will run the app itself but not all will have the capability of sending items to the 4u becuase of the type of nfc frequency, your phone usually needs FeliCa nfc or NFC-f and the best bet for us are global NFC phones.

Please comment if your phone did or didn't connect so we can have a good list of working and non working phones please tell me if you can what country your phone is from too as that can also be important.

COMPATIBLE WITH 4U

NEXUS7 GEN 2

SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 - Amercian version

NON-COMPATIBLE WITH 4U

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

SAMSUNG NOTE 3 -Australian

IPHONE 6/6 PLUS (can't work in general.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's already a full list of all the devices in here https://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

The list updates automatically every time there's a new device that succesfully downloads an item into a 4U, so it has all the compatible devices and it's always up to date, is the most complete and reliable list you'll find xD

There's already a full list of all the devices in here https://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/
The list updates automatically every time there's a new device that succesfully downloads an item into a 4U, so it has all the compatible devices and it's always up to date, is the most complete and reliable list you'll find xD
The only problem with that list is that it is sometimes difficult to tell what the device actually is. I spent hours going through it (I am not exaggerating and it is partly becaise I have a kid) and some of them were difficult to figure out. A clean list would be nice. But I do think that the Nexus 7 2013 is the cheapest until we can get an NFC reader/writer to work.

The list myiko is helpful but it's not specific enough, I've gone through the list and find it hard to look up each code when we just need to know what exact phone works. I've found a few out though, I've seen two versions of an American note 4 working so that's a plus but it's better to have live accounts of it working then stats that may be kind of inaccurate I mean some on the site say it ran the app but did it connect or not? That's what I wanna know for sure.

Well you've actually forgotten that those are the JAPANESE phones that are compatible all of them run through different networks and Japan only carriers which have them made SPECIFICALLY for Japan only so they all run FeliCa nfc which is the japanese nfc network however we are yet to know exactly which phones OUTSIDE JAPAN work or not.

Even if there are lists on other sites, there's nothing wrong with having an easy-access list here on TamaTalk ^_^

Well you've actually forgotten that those are the JAPANESE phones that are compatible all of them run through different networks and Japan only carriers which have them made SPECIFICALLY for Japan only so they all run FeliCa nfc which is the japanese nfc network however we are yet to know exactly which phones OUTSIDE JAPAN work or not.
Well it's worth noting some of the phones there because some of them are also mentioned on Mr blinkys site as working and able to connect :)

I'm tempted by one of these (for example).

I've seen it said the NFC is in the battery. So if we had a phone thats compatible in Japan but have our countries version i.e. the s5, then could this work?

It would be a cheap option for a few people who already have a device, just not a Japanese version.

Ive looked up every phone on that list. They are pretty expensive too. There were a couple of them which were cheap because they were used, but they didnt include a charger. And they didnt use USB chargers so it was a pain. And frankly, that list is pretty small. It seems like Bandai is trying to force people to get new phones.

Edit: there are some different phones on the list since I last looked. I will have to check the new ones.

I'm tempted by one of these (for example).

I've seen it said the NFC is in the battery. So if we had a phone thats compatible in Japan but have our countries version i.e. the s5, then could this work?

It would be a cheap option for a few people who already have a device, just not a Japanese version.
That is actually a very very very very smart idea!!!!!!!!! It would work as it's the nfc type that connects so aslong as that battery has FeliCa nfc built in it would work!! I recommend trying that, I'm getting a note edge and I might try and order a felicabattery for it if it ends up not working.

Edit: I also realise I can't edit on this page after a while so il just keep posting updates then.

If that's the case here are some japanese phones that I'm certain should connect,

JAPANESE COMPATIBLE PHONES,

(All can be found on eBay)

Samsung J

Xperia SO4-E & Xperia SO4-E feat hatsune miku

Samsung Galaxy s 5

Xperia Z3 & Z3 compact

For the z 3 I'm curious whether z3 series outside Japan would work as they are all usually japanese phones regardless.

I'd like to add that since the HTC One E8 was able to transer to the 4U then it should theoretically be possible to transfer using the HTC One M8, since they share the same internals, just different cameras and body construction.

That is actually a very very very very smart idea!!!!!!!!! It would work as it's the nfc type that connects so aslong as that battery has FeliCa nfc built in it would work!! I recommend trying that, I'm getting a note edge and I might try and order a felicabattery for it if it ends up not working.
Mr. Blinky wanted me to tell you guys that [SIZE=11pt]''Unfortunately that will not work as the battery only contains the antenna and not the nfc controller so they’d be wasting money.[/SIZE]''

At least know we know new batteries won't help much :(

I have a Zopo998 and it can't transfer items to my Tama 4U (or maybe I'm doing something wrong because I don't get the same connection error that Mr. Blinky shows in his video)

I guess I didn't realize all American Galaxy S5 phones work. My wife has that phone. Excellent indeed.

EDIT: Does the carrier matter? She has Verizon.

I'd like to add that since the HTC One E8 was able to transer to the 4U then it should theoretically be possible to transfer using the HTC One M8, since they share the same internals, just different cameras and body construction.
Isnt the M8 a Windows phone? I dont think it would work.

Theres a Windows version I believe, but the more common is the Android which the app will run on. Wether it can transfer though...

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime doesn't work either :(

Ahhhhhgggr I will never be able to transfer new items to my tama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back