The current state of the metagame...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soenattchi

Reaction score
So, as you may or may not have been aware, recently there was a team of redditers that exploited the 3DS's browser system to generate and illegally inject hacked pokemon onto the recent games (xy and oras). While most of these pokemon can't be used on the battle spot unless they are made to seem legal by restricting their movepools, stats, trainer IDs/Secret IDs and so on so forth, those people are able to obtain an unlimited amount of perfect IV, perfect EV, any ability, any item, any move, even shiny and all the above things combined pokemon without even trying at all. As a result, I've noticed an influx of these pokemon on the battle spot as of late, usually ran by people with no skill or strategy... and the added bane of perfect IV legendaries that weren't as common beforehand.

What do you think of this all? Shouldn't people work for their pokemon teams? Is it even okay to use legendaries/ pseudo-legendaries /banned pokemon-items in teams all the time overlooking all the other pokemon and creating unfair conditions for people that want to play fair and structure proper strategies?

Honestly, I'm just tired of trying to have a proper battle...

I think this is cheating. It takes the fun out of training Pokemon, as well... I guess they're just lazy. It's unfair though and just goes to show that they have no real training skill.

I'll be honest, I used pkhex to generate a salamence, just to test it out, but I would never use it online. It's obnoxious when you work for a long time on your team, and then you end end up facing someone who spent maybe 5 minutes on their team. Generating pokemon is lazy.

That's why i battle on pokemonshowdown. Not trying to advertise, but it's pretty great. No hackmons, and structured battles.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic.

IDK there's nothing challenging or skillfull about IV breeding; it's just tedious and time consuming. So I don't have an issue with people GENing in pokemon to cut time. It doesn't give oyu an advantage in battle it just speeds up the process of breeding 682 eggs.

Now, if the hacked pokemon somehow are stronger, or have moves they shouldn't, etc. THAT'S not okay. But if you're making normal IVed pokemon to cut the breeding time out idc that's your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back