Tamagotchi Friends- Worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jzwolf530

Reaction score
So, I've been looking into getting a Tamagotchi Friends. I wasn't impressed with the Tama-go but this looks more appealing to me and as a collector, I'm probably going to get at least one eventually. For those who own a Tamagotchi Friends, would you say you enjoyed it? Would you say having more than one made it more fun or was a single "Friends" good enough?

FTR, I do own the color versions so I know it would be a "downgrade" to get a Tamagotchi Friends.

Go for it! A lot of people didn't like it, but it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.

I have two and I'm pretty disappointed with them. They feel like a step backwards from the Tamago. They're also very persistent in trying to get your attention. It's very difficult to try to get bad care characters when the Friends beeps five times in five minutes. Just in case I didn't hear them beep the first four times. On the positive side, the characters are detailed and the games are fun. It's really up to you whether or not you get a Friends. If you do, I recommend that you get two to unlock almost all the interactions. As of right now, they're cheaper than the Tamago. If you decide not to get one, well, you're not missing much especially if you already have a Tamago..

after having every tamagotchi apart from the v5 and music star, Buying a tamagotchi friends after not having one for so long was shocking. Just like others had complained, i also found the brightness a struggle.. my first uni creaked and the faceplate didnt seem secure. i exchanged for a new one and have loved the experience sofar! the mimic game i never play, and im working my way t unlocking the other games by collecting the jewellery. At the moment im actually considering buying a second friends, for all the features ect. Theres not millions on this feature, but all the features they do have, are the only things i did on any other tamagotchi anyway so for me it has just enough. Others have said its abit boring. Personally i think it is worth getting, even if it isnt your first choice. I Think that if any other tamagotchis are created after the friends, they will stick with this layout design and use nfc, so its well worth getting. Its probably the equivalent of a tamagotchi connection version 1 , and will probably progress to different versions just as the connections did (if u get me)

I Have a tamagochi friends log if you want too see what it looks like ect :)

Enjoy !

Hope that was abit helpful lol

I have a tamagotchi friends and I do recomend it but it is a little cheaply made. The front cover of it makes creaky sounds when you press on it and the paint comes off easily. The games are really fun but challenging and the buttons feel nice. It is kinda annoying when it beeps at you but I like to pause it. tama go Tamagotchis look much better and are made better. It is fun without another tama but it would be better. I mean, you can send emails to eachother! :D I say, just get it and see if you like it bcause it is really fun. :wub:

I haven't run a tamagotchi since the connect v2, Soni didn't have the high hopes of the color world. As a callback to the vintage days, it's a great game. The lack of complexity to everything makes it great for me to reacquaint myself with Tamas as a whole. Mine has a clear faceplate, so paint chipping is a non issue. The buttons occasionally fail to register, but no more often than I embarrass myself with autocorrect on my tablet. The screen is a little difficult, but ostly due to depth and a lack of backlight, and I was able to figure out how to see it clearly quickly and barely notice the issue now after running it for awhile. In all, the downsides others mention are true and valid, but to my mind only as irksome as a mosquito bite. Awful when you first notice it, but after awhile, you're over it w/o even realizing it started getting better.

I paid $70 for a Tamagotchi Friends and I still think it was worth it. B)

It's my favorite version. :) Might remind you of Connection Tamagotchis. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back