End of Tamagotchi anime discussion **NO SPOILERS**

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think the Tamagotchi anime series will still continue?

• Who cares.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalMaster

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's up to you to decide whether the anime series will still continue afterwards.

GO-GO Tamagotchi! has ended everyone. And likely the WHOLE animated series if you ask me.So what do you think? Is it really over for the animated series?

I really liked the whole 'friendship' concept. And if you ask me, despite being aimed towards "children," it has a universal appeal for everyone of all ages. All of it was an inspiration to me to fuel my imagination. Felt like a rush of ideas flooding into my head.

It's sad that the anime series is already meeting it's end...Or is it? Do you think it's not gonna be over after like that?

(Scooby-doo. Hey Warner Bros! Glad you keepin' that series alive!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently one of the main writers left the team. In fact, there's a rumor that the whole animation team disbanded.

But anyway, Aya Matsui (the writer who left) posted a tweet saying that she "hopes new staff can make new adventures of Mametchi", but that it's most likely over. :c

And well, with an ending like that... using the Kuchipatchi of Truth and the giant fish from season 1, showing almost every character who has ever appeared in the show, and showing scenes from previous episodes all the way back to episode 1, as well as Mametchi inventing a train that can go anywhere (even to Earth) so that all the characters can meet eachother whenever they want, well, it just seems like it's the conclusion to the series for good.
I'm still really sad about it.

I wonder what will happen to the Tamagotchi toys and merchandise, because they were always so heavily based on the anime...

EDIT: I'm not sure if anything I said counted as spoilers XD But oh well I'll just put it in a spoiler tag...

(...Well I guess that means there's no way to edit my topic title now there is a spoiler. *shrugs*)

...So the staff eventually got tired writing, huh? Man... That's a downer. Guess that means we (might) have to wait for a few (years) to see if the adventures of Mametchi will continue with a new development team.

They've really written a lot of episodes don't you think? They sure have a creative mind making all that episode lot, even if they're just mere common cliches. A whimsical colorful cast of characters created for the series. I mean, if you ask me, the reason it's so great is because of the female mains that were in it. They inserted more main girls because they think more cutesy stuff would make it more better. Well, it just made it more girlier.

The irony is that I liked the designs of those female mains. They're so elegantly developed that I can't decide whether to hate or like them. What I meant is, I like their designs, but the concept of their character was too common.

But the whole of it is that I liked EVERY of the character's designs. That's the point why I like the anime.

And I have to agree with you, EMF. All I saw in Bandai's endeavors through making Tamagotchi is because of the anime. Without the anime, they're probably gonna be like back to the Connection era, wouldn't you think?

Oops, sorry XD

Now they're promoting the two Tamagotchi movies on the official website... I wonder if it's just a way to try to keep interest or if they really are gonna make a third one. O_O

I will admit I am quite saddened that it's come to an end... I suppose I do for most things but Tamagotchi has been a part of my life for so long it feels sad to have to bid it farewell.

That being said, it's quite common a practice to finish up an animation series with a movie in the East as well as the West, so the idea of a third movie doesn't seem strange or far fetched at all to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back