Fida's Newest Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fida

Reaction score
Well, it's been two or three years since I last hatched a Tamagotchi. I never seem to get tired of them entirely even if I do take long breaks. Last year I sold most of my collection, but kept a few Tamas around (a v2, a v3, a v4, a v4.5, and Tamagotchi Angel) just in case. And today I decided to hatch again.

I don't know how much time I'll have for the little guy, so I hatched my v3, since there are no skill points to worry about. I would have hatched my Angel but I don't have the right batteries. Maybe in a few days I'll pick some up and hatch that one as well, haven't done that in a while.

Anyway, at 12:19 PM today I set the time and hatched a boy Tamagotchi a few minutes later. I named him Jesse, after a character on a TV show I've been watching with my best friend. Even though it's been years since I played with a Tama I seem to have remembered it all pretty well. As I write this he's been going through the usual needy baby cycle of getting sick, taking a nap, and needing praise. I also went ahead and entered in the codes to get him the secret items (except the steak...it got replaced with the costume and I won't be buying it for him as I'm planning on raising my little guy vegetarian ;) ).

I'm also going to do my best not to pause him, since I work at home I don't think this will be that big of an issue, but we'll see. If I do end up pausing here and there it's not a big deal, I just don't want to mess up his aging process too much.

After his hour in the baby stage he changed into this little guy, I believe he's called Tamatchi? As I said, it's been a while since I played with Tamas... :p

2m26mw9.jpg

The picture's kind of blurred because he moved as I was taking it, but I'll work on better ones in the future. Right now he is 0 years, one bar of training, and weight is at 35 lbs. I'll work some of that off later, normally I try and keep weight low but I didn't have time to constantly play the game while he was in the baby stage. Because of that he also only has 50p right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your new log! I look forward to seeing your updates. :) That V3 shell is so pretty!
Thanks! :) I really like this shell. Unfortunately my Tama is kind of scratched up, since I bought it off eBay from someone who didn't take very good care of it. -_- I might go ahead and buy another v3 sometime, I haven't decided yet.

Jesse went to bed at 8pm last night and woke up around 8am. He changed into Obotchi at about 1pm. I didn't catch him changing, since we were at the store.

2mwfocl.jpg

He is 1 year old and weighs 22 lbs. I think this is his minimum weight now since he won't play games. I'm doing my best to keep him nice and healthy.

Since yesterday I've disciplined him twice, so training is now at three bars. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on him, so I think those are the only calls he's made so far. I don't remember at what age these characters become adults, but I'll be interested to see which adult he becomes.

I was out at a restaurant getting lunch when Jesse changed today, this time into his adult form. I wasn't really hoping for anyone in particular, but I ended up with Tarakotchi.

986d6o.jpg

I know on older Tamas this is a bad care character, but to the best of my knowledge I can't influence which characters I get on a V3, so this is just random chance. :) I haven't been taking awful care anyway - I'd say about average to good care. Yesterday I didn't have as much time to play the game so his weight went up a bit, but I've been working it down gradually.

The status screen says he's 3 years old but I believe that's a bit off. I hatched him just after noon on April 13 and right now it's close to 3pm April 17. He has not been paused at all so far so he should be 4 years old, I'm not sure why the display is wrong.

Anyway, his training only got up to four bars before he changed, so that is where it will stay. He is 37 lbs right now, but I'll probably play a few more games with him later tonight.

334p76h.jpg

Here's a picture he drew. I think it's a bird, but I'm not completely sure.

I happened to glance at Jesse shortly around 3:15 today and noticed the matchmaker was waiting for him. I wasn't sure how long she'd stick around waiting, so I didn't have time to grab my camera and get a picture (I was worried I'd miss the next time she came around). Either way, today he married and had a little baby girl.

rkvneh.jpg

Today he is 7 years old, though the display on the status is still off by a few hours. Not sure why that is. His weight has ballooned in the last few days because I've been busy, so he's at 67 lbs right now. I'll have to work some of that off in the next day or two before he leaves.

As for what I'll name the second generation...I can't decide quite yet! Thankfully I have another few days to figure it out. It's much easier for me to think of good girl names than boy names.

Well, at around midnight last night I looked at my Tamagotchi and found a familiar sight on the screen...

2egcs9y.jpg

Jesse floated off to his home planet, leaving his daughter in my care. He was 8 years old, weighing 48 lbs, and with four bars of training. I've got a password to visit him on Tamatown, but of course that's useless now. :p

I woke up a few minutes after the baby did this morning, and at first I couldn't decide what to name her. Finally I decided on Flora, and so she began her baby stage at about 8:20 this morning. Her name is after Flora Reinhold from Professor Layton.

seq1qc.jpg

(I don't know why the picture is sideways there, my uploading site keeps flipping it for some reason.)

Around 9:20 she changed into her child form, Mizutamatchi.

256fhnr.jpg

I praised her once during the baby stage and as I was writing this she asked to be praised again, so she now has two bars of training. Her current weight is 19 lbs, and of course she is 0 years old.

I love this log and that shell design is so pretty ^_^
Thank you! I love getting comments in my logs. :)

Yesterday morning, Flora turned one just a few minutes after she woke up. It wasn't very long before she changed into her teen form, Hashitamatchi.

168gy79.jpg

She went right back to bed for more sleep after she changed. This character sleeps late! She didn't get up until 10am.

We've had a quiet few days together. She's two today, and unfortunately I've been neglecting her a bit. Her weight has gone up into the 50s because I haven't had time to work it down. I'll try to get on that tonight.

10x98cz.jpg

Playing with the lion doll. I completely forgot that they'll go to sleep with the doll or action figure if you give it to them. That's such a nice touch!

Right now she's at four bars of Training. Interestingly enough, all of those came from praising her - she hasn't asked for a time out at all so far. I wonder if that will change? She's such a cute character. I'm not sure who I'd like for an adult this time - maybe Mimitchi? We all love Mimitchi. :)

Well, I haven't updated this log in a few days. There hasn't been a lot going on because recently, Flora morphed into her adult form (Sekoritchi?):

2zdn5mw.jpg

I'm really not fond of this character at all. The animations are very unappealing, so I've mostly neglected her for a few days now. For me the biggest part of what makes Tamas fun is the variety of characters and how they're shown.

Well, today she got married. Interestingly enough, her husband was the same character as her (pictures of that didn't turn out).

j0efmb.jpg

Generation three is a girl.

11qh95c.jpg

Now for names...Liara maybe, or Emmy? I'll let you all know in a few days. :)

Last night, Flora went back to Tamagotchi Planet and left her baby with me. I named her Emmy.

2nslv5y.jpg

Well, about halfway through Emmy's baby stage, I decided to start up Angel. I picked up some batteries yesterday but didn't get a chance to hatch until this morning.

e8q0yc.jpg

If you own a US P2, you probably know this screen well. This is the screen it shows when your P2 Tama dies. On Tamagotchi Angel, it acts as the egg screen. About five minutes later it hatched:

315c2t4.jpg

This is Obaketchi 2, the baby stage. (Obaketchi 1 is a ghost, which you see on a Japanese Angelgotch as the egg screen.) Since I'm taking care of two baby Tamas while I write this, I'll take the time and summarize Angel for those of you who have never owned one. If you know how Angel works, go ahead and skip all of the blue text. :)

The first icon is the health meter, which shows age and AP (Angel Power). You raise AP by feeding it candy and praising it. Next is the Deeds meter, which raises when you praise the Tama. It starts off at 25%. Then is the hunger and happiness meter. Happiness is marked as "effort," but it functions the same as other Tamas.

Second icon is for feeding. Pie fills hungry hearts, and candy raises AP. Candy doesn't fill happy hearts, only AP. Sometimes when you feed candy, a bat comes down and tries to grab it! This is where one of the fun functions of Angel comes into play. :) It has a motion sensor, so you can tap the shell with your fingernail, and the bat will fly away. Otherwise, the bat steals Angel's candy and Angel gets upset, decreasing the Deeds meter.

Third icon is the game. You jump over stars to fill happy hearts. If you jump over all 5 starts, two happy hearts are filled, 3 or 4 stars means one happy heart, and less than that is none at all.

Fourth is the toilet, which is the same as all Tamas.

Fifth is praise. You praise Angel when it does a good deed. Unfortunately, it doesn't beep when it does a good deed until it's in adult form, so you have to be quick and catch it. You can also use the praise icon to call it back when Angel goes out for a walk (you tap the shell when it does this, too). I'll try to get a picture when my Angel does this.

Next are the medicine, lights, and attention icons, which function the same as always.

The character you get on Angel is determined by a few things: your caretaking, the AP (higher is better), and how often you praise it for doing good deeds. There's only one baby and one child, then two teenagers and five adults, plus secret characters.

All right, so now my two have morphed into their child stages. Emmy is Mizutamatchi, 0 years old, with two bars of training.

2r6i78z.jpg

Angel is Maruten, 1 year old (ancestor Tamas age after they take a nap in the baby stage), AP at 50. That's the maximum AP for this character.

2l8gt47.jpg

Here she is asking for praise. You can see the attention light is on even though she wasn't beeping.

z09de.jpg

She had 50% Deeds because I praised her when she did this, except I fed her another candy and I must not have tapped hard enough to scare away the bat. :( So now her Deeds meter is back at 25%.

They should both be morphing into their teen forms sometime tomorrow.

Yaaay! Are you a professor layton fan too? I've been looking for an English Tamagotchi Angel, they're so pricey on eBay... :p

Yaaay! Are you a professor layton fan too? I've been looking for an English Tamagotchi Angel, they're so pricey on eBay... :p
Thanks for the comment! :) I like Professor Layton a lot, and I've played all of the games except for the sixth one. My Angel was a Christmas present eight or nine years ago so I don't know how much it cost, but the Japanese Angelgotchis are pretty easy to figure out if you've ever played with a Tama before.

Emmy got up at 8am, so I had to pause her for a few hours while I went out. I unpaused when I got back and around 2pm she morphed into her teenage form, Nikatchi.

wu06x0.jpg

Right now she is 1 year old and has five bars of Training. She asked for two time outs yesterday and then a praise this morning.

Okay, so I said I'd try and get a picture of what it looks like when Angel goes for a walk. Here it is for all of you that are curious:

312uzcg.jpg

The attention icon lights up and the screen goes blank. I'm told on the Japanese Angels, a door appears on the screen. Neither version of the Angel beeps when it goes on a walk, though. I called her back from her stroll by selecting Praise and tapping the screen, and she came back with her mouth open like she does when doing a good deed.

Speaking of which, she asked for praise once last night and I missed the chance. :( The poop only appears after they do a good deed, so when I saw I needed to flush the screen I knew I had missed the chance. She did ask for praise once more this morning and I gave it to her. I also kept the AP nice and high all this time.

Today she is 2 years old. At about 3pm she morphed into the healthy teen, Kodoten.

20ssnbb.jpg

Isn't she a cutie? My only issue is that I've gotten the healthiest adult (see my avatar) and secret character that comes with it plenty of times before, and they both come from perfect care. I want something a little different this time...soooo I am going to take bad care of Kodoten this time, I think.

Her Deeds meter reset to 25% when she morphed. I'm not going to praise her and I'll let the AP drop to 0 (it's at 48 now). We'll see how it goes.

Good luck with raising 2! I always struggle and have to decide which one gets paused or has their batteries removed, difficult decisions... :p

Good luck with raising 2! I always struggle and have to decide which one gets paused or has their batteries removed, difficult decisions... :p
Thanks, Laura! I'm pretty used to raising two at once, three or more is when I start to struggle. There was one time a few years ago where I was raising seven or eight Tamas all by myself...THAT was difficult. :p

Here's something you could try - I didn't mention this in my last log, but I set Angel's time 3 hours behind my time while they were both in the child stage. So my V3 would go to bed at 8pm, and Angel would stay up until 11pm. Then in the morning my V3 would wake up at 8am and Angel would sleep in until 11am. That let me have a few hours in the morning and evening where I was just caring for one Tama. :)

Hey, great log! Love the V3, keep up the good work. :)
Thank you! :D

I don't have pictures today, but I think it's time for an update anyway. This will just be a quick one.

On May 3rd, Kodoten turned into her adult form, Kuriten (the Tama in my avatar). Well, Kuriten is all I ever seem to be able to get, and then she ALWAYS turns into the secret character (the twins). I'm tired of that character, I want something new. And so I restarted her...

I neglected my new Angel from the start, never praising or filling all hearts, and I got...Kodoten again! Somehow even though I continued treating her really badly, she still turned into Kuriten yet again. :( I'm going to have to figure out a way to get some new Angel characters.

So I made a decision. I'm going to hatch an Angel and leave it alone, like I would if I was trying to get Lucky Unchi-Kun (the poop with a face that appears if you start an Angel and don't take care of it for 4-5 days in a row). But instead of neglecting it for several days, I'm just going to do this until the teen stage. I should get the unhealthy teen, and after that I'll start caring for Angel normally. We'll see how that goes.

As for Emmy, she's six today. I'll show you her adult form in my next update. ;)

I've got some catching up to do!

Firstly, Angel. After resetting her a few times while I was trying to figure out how to not get Kodoten and then Kuriten, I decided to start her up and leave her alone for a few days. During this time I didn't press any buttons, but I did check on her. She was fine in the Obaketchi 2 stage and changed into Maruten. Then about halfway through her Maruten stage, she got sick. I left her alone until she changed into her teen stage: Takoten, the unhealthy character. Last night before Takoten went to bed I decided it was time to start playing with Angel again. I've never gotten to play with this character before. It took 4 shots to cure the illness, and then I filled two hearts on both hungry and happy.

2h64jtl.jpg
2mdl06o.jpg

Here's Takoten. He blows out a puff of air and uses that to fly across the screen, then does the same thing on the other side to fly back. It's a really cute animation. Right now I'm taking poor care. I only care for him when he beeps and then I fill the hearts up halfway. He's only called for praise once but I didn't catch it in time. He should change early tomorrow or very late tonight.

Emmy kept me busy when she was a teen! She asked for praise and discipline until the whole meter was full, plus an extra. I wasn't sure which character to expect, and I don't even know the name of the character she became. But she is a sweetie ^_^

Well, yesterday was my birthday, so I went out to dinner with my family to celebrate. When I got back I noticed something unusual on Emmy's screen: the matchmaker was waiting! Not wanting to lose my chance, I quickly accepted.

21brklw.jpg

And so generation 4 was born. Another baby girl. I expect Emmy will be leaving tonight.

It's interesting to me how I keep getting girls. I remembered that pressing A or B will influence the gender of the baby, so when the matchmaker comes I always press C. And still, for three generations in a row I've gotten girls! I wonder if there's a true way to randomize this. Either way, I might run out of girl names soon if I don't figure out what to do... :p

I really love your log Fida! I love reading about your V3, they're my favourite! It's interesting to read about your angel too, seeing as I've never had one. By the way, pressing a button when the matchmaker's book is open or closed influences the gender, for example if you press B when the book is closed you will get a boy (or a girl, not entirely sure which way around it is), hope that helps :)

I really love your log Fida! I love reading about your V3, they're my favourite! It's interesting to read about your angel too, seeing as I've never had one. By the way, pressing a button when the matchmaker's book is open or closed influences the gender, for example if you press B when the book is closed you will get a boy (or a girl, not entirely sure which way around it is), hope that helps :)
Thank you for the nice comment! :) If you ever get the chance to play with an Angel, I'd recommend it. They're a lot of fun. And I did remember something like that about the matchmaker, but I don't think it's a lot of fun to know ahead of time what you'll get. That's why I've been pressing C. But with all the girls I've been getting, maybe I need to try for a boy next... :p

Emmy departed the night of my last log, leaving her baby girl in my care. I named her Rondi, after a character in a book I was reading at the time. Her toddler form was Mizutamatchi, a character I've had a few times before just in this log. I'd really like a Mohitamatchi at some point. That character is one of my favorites.

2mcd6c2.jpg

Rondi and I had a quiet day yesterday, and she went to bed at 8pm as normal. Shortly after waking up this morning, she turned into her teen form, Hinotamatchi!

c69zr.jpg

So far I've only had the chance to discipline her once since her baby stage, so she is 1 year old with two Training bars. We'll see how that changes over the next few days.

Last night Angel changed into adult form, Oyajitenshi! This is the unhealthiest character. I don't know if I got him because of the way I treated him in his early life or because I finally got the hang of unhealthy characters, but either way, it's great to have an adult on Angel that isn't Kuriten or the twins. :D

2j68oqx.jpg

One thing I wasn't prepared for is that he's more needy than a regular Tama adult. I would say he empties hearts about as fast as a teen character. Not a big change, but enough that it is noticeable. I couldn't leave him on his own for hours at a time the way you can with some adult characters.

Since his change I've been taking good care of him. Right now he is 4 years old, with AP at 40 (his maximum). Deeds is at 25%, as I praised him once, but another time I didn't tap hard enough and the bat stole his candy.

I'm interested to see what happens next with both my Tamas. :)

Not much has changed with Rondi since I last wrote, so no new picture of her today. She is 3 years old, and I haven't caught any more discipline calls since the last time I wrote. Not sure if she's not calling or if she is but I'm not noticing.

But my update today isn't for Rondi, it's for Angel. Oyajitenshi and I had about 24 hours together. He called for praise twice (though I only caught one of those calls), and I did my best to take good care of him. Last night he changed into the secret character Otonoten!

wvrb74.jpg

This is such a cool character! I think he's meant to be a circus leader or ringmaster type of character. I really like him. :) You get this character by taking good care of Oyajitenshi. I've still been taking good care of him, though I've let the AP drop to 0 since it doesn't affect anything once he's in his final adult form.

Today he is 6 years old and has 25% Deeds (it resets to 25% whenever he changes, and he hasn't called for praise since). His hearts still empty about as fast as Oyajitenshi. Oh, and I saw him out for a stroll earlier, so I called him back and he looked really upset with me. Ha ha! Poor little guy, he just wanted to get some fresh air.

Latest posts

Back