What do you call Tamagotchis from the 1990s?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you call Tamagotchis from the 1990s?

• Vintage Tamagotchis

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Ancestor Tamagotchis

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Original Tamagotchis

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Just curious
imageproxy.php
I call them vintages, but I call the P1 and P2 (gen1 and gen2) originals.

I generally specify 1st generation or 2nd generation, and then call any of the other releases "Vintage I think there's too much of a soft spot in my heart for the first release to make it part of a group In my brain. o_O

I call them originals or just by their names (P1, Ocean, Morino, etc.) because "vintage" makes me feel old. To me, vintage stuff is from the 60s, 70s, maybe even 80s, but not the 90s...the 90s weren't that long ago for me. It bothers me when people call them vintage.

Eh, I guess it's vintage in regard to Tamagotchi's time period though XD And they're vintage to me because I was born at the end of the vintage Tamagotchi era, oops.

Eh, I guess it's vintage in regard to Tamagotchi's time period though XD And they're vintage to me because I was born at the end of the vintage Tamagotchi era, oops.
Yeah, that's the same reason I think "original" is best, because they truly are the original Tamagotchis. I understand that, I guess it bothers me because it makes me realize how old I'm getting. In a couple years I'll be 30 - I don't like being reminded of that, haha. I feel younger than I really am.

I call them original vintage tamagotchis :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually just call them original Tamagotchis, or sometimes also first Tamagotchis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back