How to install En patch for Tamagotchi P's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagu

Reaction score
So m getting my tamagotchi P's soon and I can't really read Japanese so I want t download the English patch but I have no clue how, I know that you need a ir device but I have no clue wer to get one, and if I need to download something from my computer It needs to be compatible with a dell windows computer. Also if suggesting ir devices stuff under 30$ mostly under 25$ is best since I'm a bit poor.

The file that contains the patches has a readme with a small tutorial on how to use them, it's really easy to understand so it shouldn't be a problem to install the patch. Just remember you need to reset the P's once you've installed the third patch :p

The patches act like destinations, so you put them on the Tamagotchi (in the right order, 1st patch first, then second, etc.) and choose them on the door menu, your Tama will get in a tram and then will ask you if you wanna install the patch, it takes some minutes for every patch to install.

As for ir mobile devices, most of them are cheaper than 25$ if you buy them used, I would recommend going to a second hand shop and check the old phones they have, any phone that has IR and can send files will work, so don't worry about that ;)

Some people also use IR USBs, but those tend to be more expensive/harder to find and do not always work :(

The file that contains the patches has a readme with a small tutorial on how to use them, it's really easy to understand so it shouldn't be a problem to install the patch. Just remember you need to reset the P's once you've installed the third patch :p
The patches act like destinations, so you put them on the Tamagotchi (in the right order, 1st patch first, then second, etc.) and choose them on the door menu, your Tama will get in a tram and then will ask you if you wanna install the patch, it takes some minutes for every patch to install.

As for ir mobile devices, most of them are cheaper than 25$ if you buy them used, I would recommend going to a second hand shop and check the old phones they have, any phone that has IR and can send files will work, so don't worry about that ;)

Some people also use IR USBs, but those tend to be more expensive/harder to find and do not always work :(
Thanks for the help ^.^

I know this topic is old but I just wanted to mention that you don't need to reset your P's if you delete the destinations after installing the patch, so that they don't take up space anymore.

I know this topic is old but I just wanted to mention that you don't need to reset your P's if you delete the destinations after installing the patch, so that they don't take up space anymore.
For the third patch to work properly you need to reset your P's, of course you can delete the destinations too, but it should be restarted no matter what xD

(This only applies to the 3rd patch, the 4th one won't need you to reset)

Wait, it wasn't said anywhere in the readme.txt file that it should be reset. I remember it quite clearly but correct me if I'm really wrong. Is there a 4th patch? Could anyone give me a link it it?

Also, if it has to be reset, does it have to be a complete reset or just a download-reset?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I'm a super newb to the forums here but I had a quick question. I'm expecting to get my first Tamagotchi P's in the mail tomorrow and I am trying to get this whole patch situation figured out. I have a cellphone I used while I was in Japan that has infrared on it and it can send and receive files. Do I need to have an active connection in order to use the IR? Meaning, does my phone need to be activated and make calls? I was just wondering as this is the best way I can think of to get the patch over to my new tama. Looking forward to your assistance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back