(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pariah164

Reaction score
NOTE: The first two posts in this thread are actually from two separate topics posted at a similar time and so merged here to avoid duplication ;)

The official Tamagotchi Friends US Facebook page has been quite busy as of late, with the newest Wave of Tamagotchi Friends being released through what appears to be a lone seller on eBay and Amazon. In the page runner's responses to the people upset, confused, and downright angry about what's happening with the line, an interesting fact has come to light.

There are plans for more Tamagotchis in the US and we agree about a color device success. That's why we're working on one right now. But it won't be this year unfortunately . Planning for next year. Sorry we can't give you any info at this time. I am lucky to be able to see some early play later this week so I'm hoping it's as cool as I think it is! We won't be talking about it for at least a year - can't give out secrets away.
So, this is exciting news, if it in fact happens. The Tamagotchi Friends FB page is run by Bandai, but all the same, this news should be taken with a grain of salt. I am personally excited, and if it's true, I think the appeal of the color screen will attract new fans as well as seasoned ones like myself and the others here on TamaTalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the Dream Town Tamagotchi Friends will not be sold in stores because retailers were not interested in carrying the product :(

But despite this, Bandai US is still working had to revive Tamagotchi!

Quotes from the official Tamagotchi Friends FaceBook page:

"Tamagotchi is one of our core brands. So we are continuing to focus on it - mostly in Japan. But we have not given up here in the States. We are presently working on a new version we plan to release next year. As much as I would love to commit to next year, I can't. We need to make sure the product is the right one for the market and if it's not ready next year, we won't release it as we want to do it right. And even when we do have the product then we need to get retailer support. Based on the product I'm seeing, I think there will be one next year. We all want that. So I understand your frustration, please believe we have NOT given up on Tamagotchi in the US!"

"There are plans for more Tamagotchis in the US and we agree about a color device success. That's why we're working on one right now. But it won't be this year unfortunately . Planning for next year "

And well, I guess we really need to support the current Tamagotchi Friends releases in order for the upcoming color release to be a success. It will be worth it, won't it? :D Even if retailers do not wish to hold the upcoming color screen release, it might be on eBay and Amazon for a while just like the Dream Town Tamagotchi Friends.

Are you excited? Because I am! I love all Tamagotchis regardless of color screen or non-color screen but a new release is always fantastic! Bandai US hasn't abandoned us yet. :)

If they are going to release a color Tamagotchi, I really hope that they won't have the screen sunk in. Why? Because that was a big problem with the Tamagotchi Friends. And I'm still hoping that Tamagotchi gets popular again, but it probably won't since kids these days only know about popular things..

If they are going to release a color Tamagotchi, I really hope that they won't have the screen sunk in. Why? Because that was a big problem with the Tamagotchi Friends. And I'm still hoping that Tamagotchi gets popular again, but it probably won't since kids these days only know about popular things..
Well, a sunk-in screen won't even BE a problem for a color-screen because of the pixels having light.

I am so glad that Bandai US is still doing their best for us, at least <3

Hey! Im a kid and I LOVE tamagotchi!

Some concerns...

- How much would it cost? :0 I don't mind paying a lot of money for Tamagotchis but I'm worried people won't buy it if it's more than $40.

- If it's successful, they'll probably keep making color-screen versions, and we'll never see another grayscale release again. ;w;

Nonetheless I'm hyped and I really, really hope everything works out <3

Well, a sunk-in screen won't even BE a problem for a color-screen because of the pixels having light.

I am so glad that Bandai US is still doing their best for us, at least <3
I know. And at least they know that us fans exist, to! They haven't given up yet!

Some concerns...
- How much would it cost? :0 I don't mind paying a lot of money for Tamagotchis but I'm worried people won't buy it if it's more than $40.
- If it's successful, they'll probably keep making color-screen versions, and we'll never see another grayscale release again. ;w;

Nonetheless I'm hyped and I really, really hope everything works out <3
It would be very reasonable if it were 40$, but let's just hope that it won't turn out to cost like 100$. And if it does become successful, let's hope that they will have full dubbed episodes of Yume Kira Dream! :)

Yeah $40-$50 is cheap IMO but some children's parents may not feel the same way XD

Wonder if they'll keep using Yume Kira Dream characters or if they will use Miracle Friends characters like Miraitchi and Clulutchi, Smartotchi, and Candy Pakupaku.

If you'd expect the retail price to be over $40 (I even still believe that), then what was the retail price of the 4U's in Japan? Maybe the prices would be comparable. (And perhaps an ideal way to tell the 'expensive' yen pricing...)

Tamagotchi 4U went for 5,980 Yen initially in Japan, which is currently about $50 US if I'm not mistaken.

Well if these are coming expect to pay for them... similar to the vetech or leapfrog watches. Those seem to be selling nicely...

Most of my color tamas were roughly $53 each. So about that sounds right for pricing.

Kinda ironic how those two were successful, especially when they were aimed at toddlers.

But you know how much money it takes to make color screens, right? Just like making a widescreen TV?

And there will be people selling this tama on eBay, so you guys who live in Australia don't have to worry about it :) .

Yay!! I hope it's worth it. And let's hope it's NOT a port of a Japanese colour <_<

If so, let's all save for it~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back