Do Your Friends/Family Know You Collect Tamagotchi's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MametchiWarrior

Reaction score
Hey everyone! The old topic "Do your friends and family know you collect" sadly got locked (https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/187395-do-your-friendsfamily-know-that-you-collect/), so I had the idea to make it again!

The title basically says it all, Do your friends and family know you collect? And if they do, what was their reaction?

My family know, and don't care, due to the fact Im 13. My mom is a little upset about it, she thinks I shouldve grown out of it already. My friends on the other hand.....don't. If they did, it wouldnt be pretty. I dont have a problem with playing with my tama's in stores and such, but school? No.

So what are your guys family/friend reactions? Feel free to post!

-MametchiWarrior :newmametchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 23 this year, just started collecting a few months back.. my mum thinks that it is a waste of money and my boyfriend thinks I spend too much time playing them that I neglected him hahaha @.@

I'm the only one in my family who collects Tamagotchis, and none of my friends collect them. So no ;) . *cries eternally*

I'm the only one among my Family&Friends, but they know it. I am 14, and brought it to school to show my tamas to my friends. They know and don't care, but I wish they collected too (so they could give me one on my birthday :) ). But they don't. No one thinks I've grown out of it, soooo... I'm okay with it.

Hey everyone! The old topic "Do your friends and family know you collect" sadly got locked (https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/187395-do-your-friendsfamily-know-that-you-collect/), so I had the idea to make it again!
Hey, MametchiWarrior! Great you started that topic again! :D

I'm the only one in my family to collect Tamas, so I'm a kind of black sheep for it and because I like to spend money on Tamas I often get laughed at or pointed out by my dad who got hellishly angry fr the last time I ordered a Tama.

I'm the only one in my family to collect Tamas, so I'm a kind of black sheep for it and because I like to spend money on Tamas I often get laughed at or pointed out by my dad who got hellishly angry fr the last time I ordered a Tama.

I'm the only one in my family to collect Tamas, so I'm a kind of black sheep for it and because I like to spend money on Tamas I often get laughed at or pointed out by my dad who got heavenishly angry fr the last time I ordered a Tama.

I'm the only one in my family to collect Tamas, so I'm a kind of black sheep for it and because I like to spend money on Tamas I often get laughed at or pointed out by my dad who got angry fr the last time I ordered a Tama.

oops accidental double post :/

I'm 21, and happen to be surrounded by people who are supportive of my Tamagotchi obsession. My mum thinks they're adorable, and my dad thinks there's worse things out there I could be spending my money on, so they encourage my collecting XD

My boyfriend thinks that the constant beeping noises are a mite annoying, but then again he's the one always buying me Tamas for my birthday. He has no right to complain :p

And my best friend is now WAY into Tamagotchis after I convinced her to buy a TF :D

I'm 20, my family acknowleges I play with them but doesn't know I secretly wanna buy a bunch more. My boyfriend knows of my obsession though and he doesn't mind. My best friend (a girl) knows a play with them from time to time but does not know I'm currently waaaaaaay into them.

I think the only one who knows I want more is my boyfriend. The others would not approve of me "wasting" so much money on them. I buy them with my own money so I can't buy them as often as I want because my mom would flip xD

Slowly I will work my way into my wishlist ^^

Everyone knows and everyone is a-okay with it. o3o I'm not ashamed of collecting Tamagotchis at all. ^_^
Same here! But it's with my family. They don't really care about it much, but my little brother likes to play with one of my tamas sometimes! :) I'm also thankful that my dad is OK with me liking Tamagotchi. ;)

I used to have a rather large social group about 10 years ago, and spent many years weeding out the ones who wanted me to be just like them instead of liking me for who I was. Now my friends are all supportive of any non-destructive whims I endulge, as I am of them. They all know About my Tama obsession. Their nephews see MLP toys in stores and immediately think of me (Seriously, I'm getting a collection this way, and I'm amused by how adorable it is. I don't particularly want to colect anything that isn't vintage ponies, but it's so adorable that I always keep what the kids in my life pick out for their honorary aunt.)

I have always encouraged individuality, and as such am surrounded by the likeminded. I was bullied and ostracized so much before 6th grade that I would rather be myself alone than accepted falsely at an early age, so the older I got, I never had to worry about unaccepting friends. It was hard at an early age but I'm proud of my resolve now.

As for my family, they think I'm a weirdo, but I'm a weirdo who pays the bills so they won't comlain. My parent really don't get it, but they're mostly amused by my childish whims. They named me "Julia Rae," which means "youthful radiance," and I will never hesitate to remind them of that when they talk about not getting my nostalgia.

My family knows...my sister is super supportive and totally went with me to the mall just so I could go to hottopic to buy the new ones. My mom thinks that there are better ways to spend money (or I guess *save* money...whatever that is... xD) but she knows they make me happy so she doesn't criticize too much. My husband also is supportive and will kind of be like "oooh cool...." whenever I get overly excited. Most of my friends from high school know, but not a lot of my new friends at work.

I also tend to not lead with the fact that I collect them...like if someone sees me playing with one out and about and they assume it's the only one I have I don't correct them Dx

I'm 24 and my friends/family know. Nobody cares what I do in my spare time.

I'm 28 and anyone I'm friends with knows as if they come to my flat there'll always be 1 or 2 that I'm running in plain sight.

I'm a collector in the sense I have a fair few Tamas but I'm not a collector in the sense I have to buy them Brand new, or have the same tama in many designs so for me it's not too expensive a hobby.*

*I failed to let my other half know the blue +Color I got in April cost £100. It's one of the few I had to have just for the design.

I bought a Music Star at the same time and have not played with that and just left the invoice out so he thought the +Color cost £15 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back