Favorite Digivice?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hi guys! I’ve been wanting to buy a digivice! But I don’t know where to start, there’s so many!! So I have a couple questions like:

Which is your favorite digivice? I’m really liking the Digivice iC 10X and Digivice iC 20x but I want your opinion first!

And one more question. What happens if I get a fake? Will I be missing out on a lot of stuff? I’ve seen a few videos on youtube comparing fakes vs. real digivices but I don’t see any difference? What’s up with fakes?

Any help is appreciated guys! Thank you for listening!

~Miau :wub:

The original digivice from the 1st season. My blue with gatomon is a favorite because gatomon got me into digimon. While my tamers blue is also awesome...

The Digivice iC series are indeed great v-pets and are definitely up there on my list of favorite Digivices. Because there are so many similarities to the Connection era Tamas (Points system, item shop, etc) I would definitely recommend them as a starting point for those who enjoy Tamas but haven't really tried a Digimon v-pet before.

Other suggestions? Out of the numerous Japanese releases, I'd say that the D-Scanner, Pendulum X, and Xros Loader are also up there. The D-Scanner is fun with the barcode scanning and whatnot, the Pendulum X is an amazing v-pet in its own right, and the Xros Loader because it has a color screen and very fun team based gameplay. I hear the Digivice 15th Anniversary version that came out is great too, but I don't have that one yet so I'm not going to speak on something I don't own.

As for non Japanese releases, I would say the D-Gather, Pendulum Cycle, Digivice Data Link, and Digivice Mega Burst are up there. The Data Link and Mega Burst are the English releases of the iC and Burst and are nicely done for an attempt at a hybrid of v-pet and quest style gameplay. The D-Gather is the only "pick up and play v-pet" style Digimon (By that I mean that it doesn't run on real time - think the Tamagotchi games for the Game Boy), but there are 16 partner Digimon to start with and sometimes the evolutions are super unpredictable which can be VERY fun. Finally, the Pendulum Cycle is fun for different reasons than the other Pendulums - yes, every Digimon on the Cycle reverts to Rookie at the end of the day, but this is because you can get to Mega within hours if you raise them correctly. The small additions to the character lineups each Cycle is based on are nice too - as of right now, they are the only standard v-pets that you can raise Ancient Digimon on (AncientGreymon, AncientGarurumon, and AncientSphinxmon on the V10, AncientTroymon on the V9).

I was thinking about getting a D-scanner! But unfortunately I couldn't tell the real ones form the fake ones so I sorta gave up :p The idea of scanning bar codes looked super neat and I hope to get one someday! :blink: As for the xros loader, It didn't look much like a virtual pet that you have to feed and all that so I wasn't too sure about it, I'd like to try it out in the future sometime maybe, but I'd like more information about it first!

I think I'm gonna try my luck with getting a Digivice iC 20x! Especially since you recommended it, It's nice having a second opinion on things like this. And you look like you know what you're talking about! Thank you!

~Miau :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back