How do you guys pronounce Tamagotchi names?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukitchi

Reaction score
Like Mametchi, do you pronounce it more like Muh-meh-chi or in a different way?

Or Julietchi? Is it Julie-tchi or Juliet-chi?

Or, what I always wanted to know, how to properly pronounce Wagassiertchi? (Wagashietchi or however else his name is styled)

If it's Japanese based I pronounce it as it would be on Japanese, if it's english as the english word but with tchi xD

And Wagassiertchi I say it Wa-Ga-shier-tchi, because the 'shi' as in the japanese name just sounds more natural to me xD

I pronounce Mametchi as Muh-met-chee

Julietchi as Joo-lee-et-chee

And Wagassiertchi as Wuh-guh-seer-tchee
So we agree on 2 things to pronounce: Julietchi and Wagassiertchi :D I've been learning German at school and the name Wagassiertchi reminds me of the word 'wagassieren' which is german for... I dont know really, just i think it sounds really german. and Julietchi is more like Juliet-chi to me since it reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.

Reactions: Cho
Like Myiko I'll pronounce it depending on the name's origin. Something like Paletchi, which is obviously derived from the English word "Pallet" (the art thing, not the Pokémon town! Get your mind out of the gutter!), will be "Pallet-chi"
But Himespetchi, from the Japanese "Hime" (Princess), is "Hi-me-spe-tchi"

Okay so there's really only one way TO pronounce that name, but you catch my drift xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back