Tamagotchi P's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttinyterror

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a Tamagotchi P's (cheap) and offers free international shipping (or at a low cost)? Do they sell the English version or do I have to get the Jap version and have it patched to English?

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

There is only a japanese version, but you can patch most of it to English.

Your best bet is to just browse amazon and ebay.

There is only a japanese version, but you can patch most of it to English.

Your best bet is to just browse amazon and ebay.
how do I patch it into english? My friend has a P's and she says need to buy some usb thing to connect to the P's to patch it and it's hard to get the USB thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Tamagotchi itself: eBay or Amazon, they're fairly cheap on amazon though.

For having it in english: it's in japanese so you can use MrBlinkys patch to change it to english. You can either have a USB Infrared thing or you can have an old phone with infrared and transfer it that way.

Oh and you transfer the patch via the infrared port on the phone to the tamagotchi I think it's as if it was a standard transfer of anything, and you open it as a travel destination. When downloading the file though from MrBlinky (this is a link) please read through the readme file as it'll help a lot with what version you have and stuff like that.

Hope I've been able to help in some way.

For the Tamagotchi itself: eBay or Amazon, they're fairly cheap on amazon though.

For having it in english: it's in japanese so you can use MrBlinkys patch to change it to english. You can either have a USB Infrared thing or you can have an old phone with infrared and transfer it that way.

Oh and you transfer the patch via the infrared port on the phone to the tamagotchi I think it's as if it was a standard transfer of anything, and you open it as a travel destination. When downloading the file though from MrBlinky (this is a link) please read through the readme file as it'll help a lot with what version you have and stuff like that.

Hope I've been able to help in some way.
Thanks for the info. I don't have any infrared devices though.. but I guess I should still consider getting a P's(they have more characters than the 4U!)

Really don't understand why Bandai does this~~ If it's not infrared it's NFC and it's so hard to find a compatible device outside of Japan. :angry: :( :(

Thanks for the info. I don't have any infrared devices though.. but I guess I should still consider getting a P's(they have more characters than the 4U!)

Really don't understand why Bandai does this~~ If it's not infrared it's NFC and it's so hard to find a compatible device outside of Japan. :angry: :( :(
Yeah I get what you mean, they kind of use outdated methods, since no phone my friends, family and I use have infrared... I have a P's and recently bought my second one too. I don't understand any japanese but they're so simple, and there is lots of help all over the internet if you get stuck. Even if you won't be able to patch it into English I do recommend a P's! I love mine :)

Yeah I get what you mean, they kind of use outdated methods, since no phone my friends, family and I use have infrared... I have a P's and recently bought my second one too. I don't understand any japanese but they're so simple, and there is lots of help all over the internet if you get stuck. Even if you won't be able to patch it into English I do recommend a P's! I love mine :)
Yes, i've been thinking of a P's. I've read online that compared to the the 4U, the P's is actually better. My friend has a P's and 4U and it feels like the P's has more functions/features. Seems to me they cut a lot of thing away from the 4U. P's has more built in characters too right?

P's has 32 characters (4 secret ones though), 4U has 10.

Overall the P's beats the 4U without downloads xD

Also I highly recommend you to get a IR phone to send stuff to your P's, it adds a lot to the experience, and Mr. Blinky is working on even more things to add to the P's in the future, there's more to the P's than just the patch (which is an amazing thing too!) ^_^ And remember ANY IR phone works with the P's, is not like the 4U that only some specific phones work on it, plus IR phones are usually really cheapif you buy them used xD

P's has 32 characters (4 secret ones though), 4U has 10.

Overall the P's beats the 4U without downloads xD

Also I highly recommend you to get a IR phone to send stuff to your P's, it adds a lot to the experience, and Mr. Blinky is working on even more things to add to the P's in the future, there's more to the P's than just the patch (which is an amazing thing too!) ^_^ And remember ANY IR phone works with the P's, is not like the 4U that only some specific phones work on it, plus IR phones are usually really cheapif you buy them used xD
I use an IR usb device to send things over to my P's

I believe this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GED7SI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the one I have. It works without any issues (though initially it was tricky to get the timing right)

They might be a little less expensive than an IR phone :)

From what I have heard, IR dongle/usb device can be pretty tricky to use. Personally I have an old phone with infrared function, so what I do is

1) Download the file from tamazone

2) Check out what version your p's is

3) Send the files to the phone (file transfer using computer/bluetooth)

4) Send it to your p's

Do also note that you have to reset your tamagotchi again after all patches are sent over to complete the whole process! :)

& I prefer the P's over the 4U too, although I have a compatible device.

This is bad... I just found out how cute ID L is with all the games inside. I can actually grow and sell veggies too! So what now? P's or ID L?! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

From what I have heard, IR dongle/usb device can be pretty tricky to use. Personally I have an old phone with infrared function, so what I do is

1) Download the file from tamazone

2) Check out what version your p's is

3) Send the files to the phone (file transfer using computer/bluetooth)

4) Send it to your p's

Do also note that you have to reset your tamagotchi again after all patches are sent over to complete the whole process! :)

& I prefer the P's over the 4U too, although I have a compatible device.
Tamazone won't even let me view the page...):

Also, how do I check with version it is?

I'm really confused about all of this. I want to be able to understand a lot of my P's because there are way more options I've seen on it than an iD L, and I was able to memorize what each thing on the iD L stood for in Japanese.

I hate to sound really really stupid, and like a total noob, because I'm really not. I've been using Tama's since I was a kid, but I've never even heard of the patch until I join TamaTalk just a few days ago... :/

Could someone maybe send a message with a step-by-step process on how I would go about using the English Patch for my P's, please? <3

Tamazone won't even let me view the page...):

Also, how do I check with version it is?

I'm really confused about all of this. I want to be able to understand a lot of my P's because there are way more options I've seen on it than an iD L, and I was able to memorize what each thing on the iD L stood for in Japanese.

I hate to sound really really stupid, and like a total noob, because I'm really not. I've been using Tama's since I was a kid, but I've never even heard of the patch until I join TamaTalk just a few days ago... :/

Could someone maybe send a message with a step-by-step process on how I would go about using the English Patch for my P's, please? <3
The english patch itself has a tutorial on how to use it when you download the files, just follow it, it's really easy to set up so don't worry :)

Hello!

Here is the link: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=26780

You will have to download the zip file and just follow the instructions there.

To find out which patches you need check out which firmware your P's has. You can do this by going to the brightness screen and press buttons A + B (left two buttons) at the same time. When you see Yumemitchi (Pink ribbon) use the patches ending with F1.JPG. When you see Kiraritchi (Blue hat) use the patches ending with F2.JPG

Hello!

To find out which patches you need check out which firmware your P's has. You can do this by going to the brightness screen and press buttons A + B (left two buttons) at the same time. When you see Yumemitchi (Pink ribbon) use the patches ending with F1.JPG. When you see Kiraritchi (Blue hat) use the patches ending with F2.JPG

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

This was really starting to confuse me, but I think I have an idea on what I'm supposed to do.

Now I just need to find an old Nokia phone with infrared. Do you know where I can find a cheap one on amazon or ebay? None of the descriptions on all the phones I've looked at doesn't mention having infrared built in. I'd get a dongle thing, but I don't think my really old PC would work with it... >.<

Hello!

So, I clicked the link, and the page says: "The error returned was: You do not have permission to view this topic"

What do I do now..?):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back