Glitching on Tamagotchi Friends!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumecantchi000

Reaction score
I left my Tamagotchi Friends paused next to a window before going out. When returned and checked on my Tamagotchi, it was glitching! I tried to un-pause it, the screen went all fuzzy and could not be un-paused! Soon it said that there was no battery. I changed the battery but it still glitched! Pleeaassee help! :-(

You said you left it by a window, was it in direct sunlight? I've heard that's bad for your Tamagotchi. Try downloading and resetting, like EMF said. If that doesn't work you might want to buy new batteries. (I know you said you already tried new batteries, so maybe a new brand? Sometimes tamas respond poorly to some brands of batteries). I hope your tama starts working again.

Sunlight can get into the circuits and make the Tamagotchi act weird. I haven't experienced this yet (and I don't plan to do so), but I have seen topics based on this, and it can be dangerous if left out for a long time in the sun. I would recommend not taking your Tamagotchi outside for too long, as the sun's rays might harm it.

I know this has been answered but I just want to point out how important it is to not leave the tamas out in direct sunlight for too long.

I understand if you go somewhere it may be out in sunlight for a minute or two when you play, but if you're out with it, keep it in a bag or your pocket or something just so the light doesn't damage it.

And if you're leaving it home don't leave it in direct sunlight, put it in a drawer or somewhere where light isn't directly hitting it.

I had a Tamagotchi Connection when they first came out for, oh, maybe a couple weeks before I gave up on it. Any tiny amount of light (even indirect light) or even heat from my hands holding the stupid thing would set it to pixelating and resetting itself. I couldn't raise a single tamagotchi to adulthood on it! So yeah, keep it cool and away from the light, that will keep it from glitching up on you.

This is just a shot in the dark, but does anyone know if Waterheart could put their Tamagotchi in a fridge to cool it down? Would that help or harm? Does anyone know exactly what it is about sun light that freaks Tamagotchis out?

(Edited to fix spelling error)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just a shot in the dark, but does anyone know if Waterheart could put their Tamagotchi in a fridge to cool it down? Would that help or harm? Does anyone know exactly what it is about sun light that freaks Tamagotchis out?
I don't think putting it in a refrigerator would be helpful seeing as Tamagotchis also respond poorly to extreme cold. Just try keeping them in a nice, even tempered environment when they are not in use. As for the sunlight, it hurts their screens because they begin to overheat (like anything if you leave it in the sun for too long) and right behind the screen is the all of it's important technical stuff. At least I think that's why the sun would hurt them but I'm not too sure... :p

I don't think putting it in a refrigerator would be helpful seeing as Tamagotchis also respond poorly to extreme cold. Just try keeping them in a nice, even tempered environment when they are not in use. As for the sunlight, it hurts their screens because they begin to overheat (like anything if you leave it in the sun for too long) and right behind the screen is the all of it's important technical stuff. At least I think that's why the sun would hurt them but I'm not too sure... :p
I'm wondering... Heat generally causes expansion; perhaps it's the delicate screen expanding or even melting from the heat of the sunlight? I'm surprised that not much research has been done on this. There's got to be a way to reverse the damage somehow!

I'm wondering... Heat generally causes expansion; perhaps it's the delicate screen expanding or even melting from the heat of the sunlight? I'm surprised that not much research has been done on this. There's got to be a way to reverse the damage somehow!
I accidentally left my V3 and V4.5 out in the sun and I let them cool off for about 45 minutes before I used them again. They both work just fine (although I feel like my V4.5 is a little quieter now) but they might not have been in the sun for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back