Which of the Japan color versions do you like best and why?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarie

Reaction score
I have been considering for some time on purchasing one, but I just cant make myself chose! I know there are now several versions, Can anyone tell me the order they go in and what the main differences are? And are any in English? Thank you!!!

I'll start with the order they go in, and anyone please correct me if I mess up anywhere ^_^

It goes; +color, ID, ID L, P's, then the 4U

Then of course you have your special edition versions for each version, there is an English version of the ID L, however it is usually around 100$ so it's your choice if you wanna buy it. In my opinion I like the 4u better just because of the graphics, but the downside of the 4u is that it only has 10 adult characters and does not use infrared connection.

If you want a color tamagotchi in English I suggest getting a Tamagotchi P's because you can easily patch it with English translations. Which to do that you would need a phone or USB with infrared connection in order to transfer the files which there are many videos on how to do it! :) the P's is a good one to start out with because you could also download games and many other things onto it like the ID L. Also a fun part about the P's is that it has these deco pierces that you can put on them for special effects to add games, characters, wallpapers and etc... Also you can easily get a bundle of a tamagotchi P's and a deco pierce for around 40$ on Amazon and it's totally worth it.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit all over the place in my answer, I tried to answer as best as I could haha. Lemme know if I can be any more of help! :)

That is awesome info! What do you mean by you can patch it to English????

That is awesome info! What do you mean by you can patch it to English????
It means its in Japanese, but you can download the english patch on a devise with inferred. You can then send it to the Tamagotchi. I'll give you a link to a guide. https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=26780&st=0

That's the guide.

------------------------------------------

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0tm4krBSYH8&ved=0CBsQtwIwAGoVChMI7sCq7pyUxgIVTay8Ch3_IgDL&usg=AFQjCNHsi9zfLELaxVNwgcgNj8BiQbEPew&sig2=bzkzZDWpZB3NCnhuCwJEIg

Yup, this is the video. Hope I helped! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Okay that is AWESOME. I had no idea that had been done. The past few years I was thinking...all these hackers and no one has figured out the Tamagotchi yet?! Thank you for the pointers. I am going to start looking for bundles as mentioned above...

What phones still have infrared???? I have a iPhone 6 plus and an iPad....I think the newer phones are just Bluetooth.

Phones that infrared are the REALLY old ones, Nokia's, Sony Ericssons, etc.

I saw something on Amazon called a IR USB...I wonder if that would work?

I ordered an infrared USB a few days ago. I will let you know. One of the first questions was does it work with Tama p's? And someone said yes. So I can let you guys know if you like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the IR USB since I dont have one of those old phones, and it worked fine for me. My p's is in English and I've got lots of cute extras in my p's cuz of it. But sometimes it can take a few tries to get it to connect properly, but if your a patient person the USB is a nice way to get the downloads into your P's

That is great news! I have been surfing Amazon and Ebay trying to find a good deal.

I am trying to figure out what the newest ones are..It looks like the 4U is newest and the graphics appear better too. Language aside, is the newest one the best one for features and things you can do? Or are one of the older ones better? I see on Amazon...Color, p's, ID, IDL, and 4U and I am stuck on which version to get. I have never ordered any of the color versions before.

I use the IR USB since I dont have one of those old phones, and it worked fine for me. My p's is in English and I've got lots of cute extras in my p's cuz of it. But sometimes it can take a few tries to get it to connect properly, but if your a patient person the USB is a nice way to get the downloads into your P's
i was only able to download the first patch and got so frustrated i gave up... so right now its only partially in english. :/

What about the Tamagotchi 4U? I see that looks like the newest one...although it has less characters, are there more features that make it better than the P's or the ID L???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back