Do you prefer it when Tamagotchis die or leave?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer it when Tamagotchis die or leave?

• Die

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Leave

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Do you prefer it when a Tamagotchi character on the virtual pet dies (like it shows a ghost or an angel) or leaves (it shows a letter or a spaceship)?

Weird question, but I'm just curious. :p

i think, for younger Tama users it might be traumatic if they see their Tama died and I'm not a fan of dying too so I'd rather go for the option of leaving

I'd rather say Leave because I experienced the death of a Tamagotchi in the GBC game and the same goes for the older versions. It pains me to see my Tamagotchi die, so I'd rather them do the Leave function.

I would rather have Tamagotchis actually die. On one hand, if he/she dies young, it represents the testament of your failure as a caretaker. On the other hand, if it dies as old as he/she can be, then it will represent that the life he/she had has been well lived, and he/she can finally leave the world in peace. Regardless, they end up as Angelgotchis. ^_^ So yeah, I'm going with die on this.

The death of tamagotchi teaches a very real lesson, and although when it leaves it kind of mimics that, I still feel it's stronger when a Tamagotchi actually dies. The death animations can be scary, yes, but I remember when I was 10 years old with my first V3. When my first Tamagotchi died, I was just sad, not scared. But I guess people work differently with that kind of thing, especially since I was the kind of child who grew up very quickly in some ways.

Great question, EMF! I prefer when Tamagotchis die. It's interesting that parents complained about the death feature on the P1 & P2, and so it was that the angelgotchi concept was introduced. I don't mind at all that Tamagotchis die, as it is realistic. Oddly enough, I find it sadder to watch parents leaving their child on the colour tamas than when an older generation dies.

I like the leaving animation, but having the Tamagotchi die is an excellent life lesson for any child playing with it. If you neglect your pet, it will die. That's an issue that gets skirted around way too often around children. Next time you're watching a cartoon aimed toward children, count the times the villain says "I will destroy you!" when clearly they're out to kill the main character. For whatever reason, people seem to be afraid of bringing up death around children.

Leave or die it really doesn't matter. Either way it isn't permanent. They can be brought back or resurrected as many times as you like. They're resiliant little farts.

Think I prefer if they die as it just seems more realistic. If they die prematurely, it teaches a good lesson on the impact of neglect. If they die a ripe old age, it teaches another good lesson on the impact of consistent caregiving. =)

Dying has always seemed more realistic to me (at least because it just has to happen eventually), so I guess I'll vote for dying.

I remembered way back when I was 8 years old, the first time my tama died, it freaked me out a bit. :D The impact of a "dying" tama is stronger than just seeing it leave, but at least it would compel its owner to give it better care. I guess I'll go for "dying" tamas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer them to leave, actually. I like to think they just move on and get a family and a job in another place and live happily on their own because they don't need me anymore.

I'd rather say Leave because I experienced the death of a Tamagotchi in the GBC game and the same goes for the older versions. It pains me to see my Tamagotchi die, so I'd rather them do the Leave function.
Oh my gosh, the GBC Game tho..The Death is so creepy xD

Hmm, I guess I don't really have a preference. If I had to choose, I suppose I'd rather them leave than die.

I prefer when they die because I know it was my fault so it's less saddening. When they leave I feel like they've given up on me and gone to someone else. Like I spent my time caring for it and I miss it once and it leaves to someone it thinks is better but just because I slipped up that one time doesn't mean I care any less about them and yet they couldn't give me another chance.

I know it's a really in-depth and much more personal way to think about it than what it should probably be... but yeah ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back