Cleaning

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taft

Reaction score
I just bought a cheap connection v2 from japan and it says it has scratches and dirt, im pretty sure i cant do anything about the scratches but does anyone know of a good way of cleaning a tamagotchi? i could get a qtip and clean it with rubbing alcohol but i'd rather get an opinion from some experts before ruining my first tamagotchi. Also am i going to have to open up the little system and clean in there? if so please help me on that too, i want to keep really good care of this tamagotchi since ive been wanting one for a long time.EDIT: I also dont know much about it or if this will help but its a Guts Swimming tomagatchi so im pretty sure its a connection v2 since it was released in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also does anyone know if there is a way of cleaning rust? i just went back and looked and it says this thing has rust too.

Sounds like an Entama to me. Dirt shouldn't be too hard to remove; just wipe it down with a cloth or tissue, and if necessary, make it very slightly damp (squeeze all the water out) and be sure not to rub where water could get into the Tamagotchi (such as around the buttons or at the side where the tab goes). I don't think there's a way to remove rust but I've heard of stuff called Displex that can somewhat fix screen scratches. You shouldn't have to clean the inside unless it doesn't work properly when you get it.

Rubbing alcohol may help, but I used it once and it made a splotch on the screen. Maybe it's because I used too much though.

Cleaning the plastic parts with water (and a tiny amount of light detergent/soap if absolutely necessary) and then drying right away is usually enough to remove surface dirt. Connections tend to gather dust in the cracks where the body meets the screen, and a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush on the end can be useful for removing dirt stuck in between the cracks. As EMF mentioned, there is a product called Displex that can be used to remove scratches from the screen, and it works well.

Rubbing alcohol is best used on the metal insides of the Tamagotchi - water should of course never be used on electronics. Whether or not to clean out the inside of the Tamagotchi really depends on how dirty it is. If there is an obvious build up of dirt and dust or the buttons are non-responsive, cleaning can often help. Rust inside the tamagotchi can be partially removed with rubbing alcohol. Rusty chains on the outside cannot be restored, but they can be replaced with a new chain :) Hope this helped!

Hello!

Congrats to having a new tamagotchi! :)

You don't have to clean the insides unless you find the buttons dirty or there is something wrong with the screen (e.g. Missing pixels). If you do want to open it up be extremely careful not to force the screws as sometimes the screws get stripped in the process.

I usually use alcohol swabs (those small sachets) to clean the exterior of the body of a tamagotchi because alcohol evaporates really quick so I won't risk getting any liquid into it. If you worry about scratches you can actually use something called Displex (you can get it from eBay, it's a red color tube), but you can only use it on the screen and not on the body.

Lastly from what you described I think you are getting an Entama which is similar to the V4.

Hope this helps!

Thanks to all of the replies im gunna try my best to clean it using these tips and hopefully i can get it looking good and hope the rust isnt too bad, since its coming from japan im pretty sure im not gunna get it for a week also thanks for helping me identify that its an Entama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back