Has anyone had this VPet coding before?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I purposefully got a fake virtual pet just to play around with 'cause it was only $2. :p

Upon starting it up, it said "168 in 1" and I could choose a pet, starting with a bunny. I scrolled through the pets, seeing a variety of animals and people, as well as things I couldn't make up because each "pixel" is huge 'cause it's actually made up of four pixels. I saw random stuff like boats and robots, but I also saw random cartoon characters like Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star, Megaman, and various Digimons. But best of all I saw some Tamagotchi characters with horrendous sprites. All the Tamagotchi characters appeared one after the other instead of mixed throughout the pets. And I also realized a Mametchi/Mimitchi creature appears on the case of the toy. XD

Here's a pic of all the Tamagotchis.

knockoffcharacters_by_tamagotchy-d92cc9n.jpg

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU MEMETCHI

I chose Young Mimitchi and to my surprise, the virtual pet made an explosion-like beep and an explosion appeared on my screen...and then, Young Mimitchi appeared. What a violent way to be born.

BTW you can name the pet but you have to choose from a variety of 3-letter names, like Jim, Bob, Eve, Joy, etc.

The Status and Select buttons both do the same thing (they serve as Tamagotchis' "A" button). The icons are identical to that of the Tamagotchi Version 4. I played around with it and on the Heart Icon, instead of connection, it has random activities for the pet to do. I tried playing on the computer and for some reason I got 37 "Gold" which is used to buy stuff at the shop. I went to the Shop but it doesn't say the prices of the items, so I have no idea how much I need to buy something. XD

When I feed my pet it shows a Babytchi eating and for most of the other animations, it shows a bird.

There are two games; one is catching frisbees and the other is flying a spaceship and avoiding other spacecrafts.

I also noticed that under the chest icon, besides the toybox, there is a place for entering codes. But of course I have no way of knowing what the codes are. :p

The pet is simple and silly but okay to have a bit of fun with.

Sorry for typing so much but basically I want to know if anyone has seen a knock-off with this specific coding before, or even seen the shell before. :)

Note: It wasn't the common 49-in-1 guts, as I also have a knock-off with that coding and it was different from this. Kinda similar but I'd say this one I've written about in my post is better.

I've never seen a virtual pet quite like that before! Where on Earth did you get it? I want one now XD

"Mimitchi" is somehow...cuter than on the actual Tamagotchi (sorry Mimitchi fans!), while "Masktchi" will haunt my dreams. That thing is FRIGHTENING. And lol at Memetchi's bad hair day.

Also: does the character you select move about the screen at all, like a genuine Tamagotchi, or does it just sort of...sit there? I can't see how there would be any room for even the most rudimentary character animations, the sprites seem to take up almost the entire screen!

I've never seen a virtual pet quite like that before! Where on Earth did you get it? I want one now XD

"Mimitchi" is somehow...cuter than on the actual Tamagotchi (sorry Mimitchi fans!), while "Masktchi" will haunt my dreams. That thing is FRIGHTENING. And lol at Memetchi's bad hair day.

Also: does the character you select move about the screen at all, like a genuine Tamagotchi, or does it just sort of...sit there? I can't see how there would be any room for even the most rudimentary character animations, the sprites seem to take up almost the entire screen!
I got it at an Australian discount store called The Reject Shop :p

And yeah, Mimitchi looks rather cute X3

To answer your question, the character doesn't move up and down or change its sprite. However, it does move left and right, sometimes almost going entirely off the screen.

Another thing I noticed is that the screen disappears after a while, and you have to press the 'Cancel' button to turn it back on. I guess it's to save battery power?

Ahh, I see. Bit of an inconvenient location for me to get to, really :p

I did stumble across an eBay listing for a "168-in-1" virtual pet meant to be a knockoff of the Dinkie Dino. It has the same guts for sure, there's a picture of the entire lineup of characters you can choose from on the back of the packaging. Bad Hair Day Memetchi and friends are all there XD

Sadly, it's too expensive for a knockoff (at least in my opinion).

And the disappearing screen is most likely to save battery power, I think. ....or maybe just to annoy everyone, like that weird "overhead view" screensaver that kicks in when you leave your Morino Tamagotchi unattended XD

Oh yeah, I checked on eBay and found the one you mentioned :D Yeah, $10 is too expensive for it.

Other things I noticed:

This pet doesn't seem to die because I didn't touch it for two days and it was still alive.

The hunger meter only goes lower if you play games.

Like the Version 4, you can get money gifts and fortunes in the mailbox.

The shop inventory never changes.

That's crazy!! A pet boat!? Or a pet Spongebob!? Haha, I would love to see one of those in action. What on Earth would you feed a boat?? :p

Also, I love how the reset button is just right there dead centered, waiting to accidentally be pressed!! :p

That's crazy!! A pet boat!? Or a pet Spongebob!? Haha, I would love to see one of those in action. What on Earth would you feed a boat?? :p

Also, I love how the reset button is just right there dead centered, waiting to accidentally be pressed!! :p
I just checked the picture of the back of the packaging again, and I DIED laughing. There's also a pet tank (?!) and what appears to be a pet 8-bit Optimus Prime.

(...hmmm, if someone made a Transformers-themed virtual pet, that may be kinda neat....)

Look again for the pet frog. Its expression is hilarious.

The blue and green "Tamagotchi Connection" fake I have (was my avatar when I was magicboa), has the same 168 in 1 as that one. Some of those pets on there are just strange. I have played "Spongebob" and "Patrick" characters a few times, as well as the "Tamagotchi" characters. It's just a weird pet all around, and the violent "birth" surprised me too. I bought it for fun, knowing it was fake, and it is blue and green, both favorite colors of mine. I only paid a couple of dollars for it, and it shipped for free. I play it once in a while, but those huge pixels get to me after a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back