Impossible tamagotchi configuration?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattl675

Reaction score
Years ago I had a tamagotchi that i had bought brand new in-box on ebay. I can't find it anywhere now, which makes me sad. However, after some research recently I noticed something intriguing. I had wanted a P1 and thought that's what I bought, but it ended up being a P2. (Swirly screen background, P2 characters, etc.) However, it was a yellow tama shell with orange buttons and trim. From what I've read and seen, that color configuration was only available in P1. How was this possible? Or did the P2 come in that color as well?

Edit: i should clarify this was a US version that came in the cardboard packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the p1 and p2 both came in that design. The v3 and v4 had the same situation with the black and silver sparks shell.

If you have any queries about shell designs Project TamaShell is a great website to check out.

That website is good but it misses a few like the P1 white with black buttons and black screen trim and stuff. Also it doesn't help me completely because i'm looking for american tamas on ebay in P1 and P2 but that site doesn't differentiate between which colors are japanese and which ones are U.S. only. But interesting, so it was a P2 all along.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're buying them in the packaging off eBay then you can tell whether it's English (European?? I'm not too sure), American or Japanese by the packaging.

(No clue if I have to state this or not but these are not my images, they're taken from google real quick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back