Bought umino (ocean) Japanese on ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattl675

Reaction score
I've been reading about the ocean and just becoming obsessed with it. The US versions are too expensive but I found a nice blue Japanese one on ebay for a decent price and ordered it along with an original clear case. (Plus i thought it would be fun to experience owning a japanese tama) Is there anything I should know about raising it? What are some of the differences between the Japanese and American one? I've heard the American ones are a little harder and that the American adults don't live as long. Also is it true that the motion sensors on these aren't always very responsive?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to see more people trying the Umino! It's I'm pretty sure the only difference between the American and Japanese one is the growth chart. Unfortunately I don't have an American one so I'm not sure if there's a difference in lifespan or anything... I don't see why there would be. The most important thing is not letting the polar bear get it. It's on a 50-minute schedule, but it doesn't show up every time. The sensor is responsive in both of mine, but occasionally it will fail for no apparent reason.

What is the difference in growth chart? From what i've seen on google searches it looks the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back