4U/4U+ Guide (IN-PROGRESS)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

Reaction score
After some research I finally got my lemon yellow 4U+ in the mail yesterday afternoon. Since then, I've noticed a lot of underappreciated details and would like to share some helpful tips I've just drafted. In the near future, I'll extend the guide to include other aspects, such as a very detailed (F)AQ on the outward appearance of the 4U, 4U+ and anniversary editions.

MEALS AND SNACKS
* Feeding at home can result in some fruitless messes in the kitchen. While the Tamagotchi can be rightfully disciplined in these cases--a wrongful discipline causes hurt and confusion--he or she will never learn to behave. This may seem like an oversight, but it's likely meant as an encouragement to take the pet out to the restaurant for food; there's many delicious-looking meals that an be served there and there will never be any discipline issues in public.
* The maximum number of downloaded meals that can be held is 15.
* The maximum number of downloaded snacks that can be held is 15.

SKILL TRAINING
* There are three basic skills that can only be obtained in the rebellious stage: potty training, personal hygiene, and clean-up time.
** Potty training is achieved by catching the poop dialogue (indicating that the pet needs to go to the toilet and appearing at any time during waking hours) twice, sending the pet to the toilet (first menu option under the shower icon) and praising afterwards. There should be an "I did it" message after returning from the restroom indicating that it needs praise.
** Personal hygiene is learned through giving the pet a bath and having him or her brush his or her teeth (second menu option under the shower icon) when it is asked for at 19:00, twice. There will not be an attention alert sound; it has to be remembered. Praise. There should be an "I did it" message after returning from the restroom indicating that it needs praise.
** Clean-up is learned through helping your Tamagotchi clean up twice when it makes a mess at 18:00. There is an alert sound for this. Praise. There should be an "I did it" message after returning from the restroom indicating that it needs praise.
* There are five basic skills that can only be obtained during the friend stage. To get them, buy the first five toy items and the study set from Tama Depa (third menu option under the Tama Depa menu option, under the door icon) and start attending school (third menu option under the door icon). Having all of the skills past 80% can unlock personality stage forms for certain characters. Some characters learn some skills more slowly than others.

NFC NOTES
* A random NFC connection can be made with any unlocked NFC device; simply touch and hold it to the back of a phone that's awake. It's "random" because it's not a data transfer connection, which can be between 4U/4U+ or a 4U/4U+ and the 4U app.
* It takes 5 NFC connections to unlock Candy Pakupaku. Anything (data transfer or random NFC connection) counts toward this total.
* It takes 10 NFC connections to unlock Lovesoratchi. Anything (data transfer or random NFC connection) counts toward this total.
* Bingo cards are used by making a random NFC connection while having one open. There can only be one bingo card loaded at a time.
* "Tama gashapon" is used by making a random NFC connection while having one open. There can only be one gashapon machine loaded at a time.
* After several NFC connections, the exterior of the house the pet resides in will change. There is a connection here; the more connections one makes, the more advanced the exterior. I have not yet discovered how many exteriors there are or how many it took to unlock the exteriors I have already seen.
* Connecting seems to be very easy for more advanced NFC devices. I use the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5. Other users with older devices report mixed outcomes; connections fail.

CLOVER ICON
* First menu option is PRAISE, used to praise a Tamagotchi when he or she says "I did it"
* Second menu option is SCOLD; there are no training skills to be gained from this
* Third menu option is TALK, used to talk to the Tamagotchi when it is persistently (defined as being able to select menu icons while an animation is going) angry about something (which remedies the situation)
* Fourth menu option is CARE, used to cure Tamagotchi of sickness or sadness
* Fifth menu option brings a Tama Sitter, which as the name implies is a babysitter for you Tamagotchi, serving as a sort of pause function. School is an alternative to this, but it's only open from 07:00 to 17:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
* Fifth menu option brings a Tama Sitter, which as the name implies is a babysitter for you Tamagotchi, serving as a sort of pause function. School is an alternative to this, but it only lasts it's only open from 07:00 to 17:00.

APPEARANCE
* Five icon backgrounds are available at the beginning.
* The center band (makes up most of the sitting height) is a glossy and clear layer, with a solid color underneath.
* The back shell, reset button and battery hatch are all the same solid color. It appears more scratch-resistant, and also hides scratches more easily with its pastel colors.
* The reset button doubles as a latch. Hold it down to remove the battery door.
* The metallic-colored band around the front plate has a quality, matte color to it that appears--to me--to be superior to the metallic coating on the iD L bands.
* The front faceplate easily pops off, but never falls off; it snaps on and snaps off.
* The front faceplate is a color-tinted plastic with a thin, uniform coating of silver paint on its underside.
* The beading on the outer edge of the faceplate is accomplished with divets on the underside.
* The faceplate is concave, bowing out toward the area that would be over the center of the screen. At the faceplate's tallest, it stands 2 mm above the inner beaded bezel.
* The 4U/4U+ Anniversary ver. appears to have additional features on its underside. A very clear plastic gem at the head stiks out past the faceplate's regular dimensions, surrounded by plastic beading.
* The beading on the inner bezel surrounding the screen is a series of raised bumps, uniform in appearance. This is part of the main shell.
* The buttons are faceted toward the edges. They're somewhat translucent, yet more opaque than the ones found on the P's. They're glittery and very slightly iridescent, but less so than the ones found on the P's. The face of the button is smaller than the face of the buttons found on the P's, also smoother and more uniform than the P's (where ripples were visible).
* The A button appears very slightly taller than the B or C.

mildly useful context blurb:

guide pages: https://puu.sh/lKfPF/a203fb4330.jpg

https://puu.sh/lKh50/f92a46cdc7.jpg

https://puu.sh/lKqYm/d59e1f4b3e.jpg

https://puu.sh/lKqZK/8a7bf4083d.jpg

Done!

Incomplete, but essentially an easy reference for the information from each of the four fan-provided sources above. Comes with instructions for obtaining the most popular personality stage characters.

Everything it's missing:

• Chubby Lovelitchi, MameLabtchi, OyaMelojitchi, GuruMemeQueen, Shiny Spacytchi instructions
  • Download or 4U-exclusive clover piece items
Don't know why I decided to call the tamatomo items happy symbols instead of clover pieces, but you never see them after being obtained ;P

Hi Pauly, I'm grateful you shared these essential guides for Tamagotchi 4U+. I received my first 4U+ few days ago and really need to learn since I can't understand Japanese.

I have browsed on Google and Tama forums and so far haven't found information about where I can see the skill points of my character during its rebellious stage (after baby).

After I saw the Growth Chart, it seems like certain skill point can make the character grow up to be a certain Adult form. Would you please enlighten me with this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pauly, I'm grateful you shared these essential guides for Tamagotchi 4U+. I received my first 4U+ few days ago and really need to learn since I can't understand Japanese.

I have browsed on Google and Tama forums and so far haven't found information about where I can see the skill points of my character during its rebellious stage (after baby).

After I saw the Growth Chart, it seems like certain skill point can make the character grow up to be a certain Adult form. Would you please enlighten me with this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
I can see that you're a new member so you may not have noticed but the last post in this topic was made in December last year (2015) and Pauly was last active at TamaTalk on 27 April this year.

I'm going to suggest that you create a new topic in our Help for New Tamagotchi Owners forum and ask current active members - I think you're more likely to get a faster response ;)

*Topic closed (bumping)*

See: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/93581-how-to-recognize-and-avoid-topic-bumping/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back