Which to buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenS9

Reaction score
First, let me say I haven't had a Tama since like... The 90s. It's been a while! I'd like to grab one of these newer ones but I'm not quite sure where to start. They're much more complex than what they used to be!

I've been looking at the P and the 4U+. I see that the P has an English patch that you can put onto it. Is there one for the 4U+?

I also see that the P has little expansion pieces that you can buy, and apparently you can just download stuff to the 4U+ via NFC. Is there a list of compatible devices somewhere? Is it done through a phone app? And if so, what's it called? I've had a bit of a hard time finding info here.

I have a newer phone with NFC, so hopefully I would be okay there.

Is there a list somewhere that does a compare of the devices and features?

It also looks like the P had been discontinued? Is that right?

Is there another device I should consider?

Thanks for the info. :)

The 4u app will work on the Samsung Galaxy S5, and the Nexus 7 tablet.

The 4u is newer than the p's

The p's is know for the Deco Pierces (expansion packs), but the 4u has touch cards (also expansion packs) that you could find on Ebay or Amazon (for quite expensive prices though)

The 4u is usually cheaper than the p's but it has a lot less features

overall I would go with the p's, although the 4u would probably be better for a newcomer

I do not know if there is an English patch for the 4u or not, but I would do some research

I'm glad I could help you!

In my opinion, I think you should go for the P's! I want one, I might get one for my birthday! nyaaaaaaaaaaa~

A quick heads up guys.

The OP started this topic over 3 months ago on 22 November 2015 (you can see the date/time posted at the top of each post made on our forums). They made just one post on the forums and last logged in to visit on 6 December 2015.

We do ask members to try to remember to check the date of posts before you type up a reply - especially when the post is over 3 months old.

Here's a useful topic - How to recognise and avoid Topic Bumping : https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/93581-how-to-recognize-and-avoid-topic-bumping/

You can find that topic and several other topics useful for new members in our Users Guide To TamaTalk forum: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/forum/81-a-users-guide-to-tamatalk/

Please take a bit of time out to check the forum and read through some of the topics - they'll help you settle in a lot more quickly and help you feel more confident about site etiquette at TamaTalk :)

*closed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back