Next Tamagotchi to buy. Collecting tips for those starting out.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatammy79

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to Tamatalk and I remember having Blue and White Tamagotchi and a Green Gigapet when I was a teenager. I only remember the casings and the basic care of pets and both pets died eventually in a week. I recently purchased Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town from Amazon last week and as a newbie I fell in love with this set and it is cute. I've been watching YouTube Videos from Atlantic Raven and others regarding collecting Tamagotchis. I'm very inspired to start collecting Tamagotchi's as I find them very charming and cute, yet they are also fun to play with on a Saturday afternoon. I've been watching the cartoons and the movie (I cried at the end of movie) on YouTube to get a bit of history and get acquainted to the Tamagotchi characters and found Charmametchi to be adorable and I can relate to her very much. Also the Japanese music is quite appealing to listen to. So that was my overall experience with the Tamagotchi Friends line.

Two products have caught my eye, the Tamatown and iDL (If I can find English on Amazon or eBay). I saw the Tamatown for its expansion pak like design, similar to a little Gameboy and faceplates. The iDL it Is in color (which I like), but there are 4U and P's as well, but in Japanese.

I don't know much about the in-between v2 thru v4.5.

I would love to learn and hear about your feedback on which to buy next. Since I started collecting, I feel that I want to buy all the Tamagotchi's, but they are expensive. I know I have to start out small. Any collecting tips for the enthusiastic beginner.

HMM! First of all, welcome to TamaTalk! :D Hope you like it here. Second, get the Tamagotchi iD L if you want a cool color, English tamagotchi. The only problem is is that iD L English versions are rare, so they cost about $80 or more new on Amazon. TamaTowns look fun, and are probably even more fun with the figures that go on top.

Also, if you don't mind waiting, there are rumors saying that Bandai might come out with abother English color tamagotchi in 2016.

V1 to V6 are called vintage tamas, and are small and thin. I like them becuase of that. I'm gonna get a V6 for Christmas, and many say they have lots of features but are a bit complicated. V 4.5 I hear are fun, where you can take you character to work or school and get points to spend by playing games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey welcome to TamaTalk. I'd recommend getting a V4 or Entama (Japanese V4 but in my opinion it's more fun + cuter shells). If you don't want it new then they go for £10 on eBay. If you do want it new they come up every now and again for £20.

I don't have any colour tamagotchi's but a lot of people have recommended the P's. However the pierces for them are very quickly going up in price.

To build up a collection I'd say wait until there are bundles as you almost always get a really good deal with them, When I've bought bundles there's been stuff I've then sold on as I didn't want them and made my money back so even if it's not a 100% tamagotchi bundle they can still be good to get. EBay and Amazon are good but you can also use Yahoo Japan (you can shop through Noppin and you can have items held and sent as one massive package instead of paying a lot of money to individually ship items). Joining tamagotchi trading/buying groups on Facebook can help build your collection by buying from other collectors or them sharing where they purchase their's and their own stores.

Also, V1-V6 are connextion/connection tamagotchi's. P1+2 and morinos etc are vintages. (Project Tamashell)

V2 & V3: Simple, small tamagotchis with low-res pixel screens. TONS of cute characters. First to introduce connecting between two tamas (lots of fun with a friend or even just by yourself) and multiple generations of tamas. Really fun despite their simplicity.

V4 & V4.5: New characters & new features like school & work, which are really cute and fun.

V5 & V5.5: Also known as the Familitchi, in which you raise 3 characters at a time as a family. More complicated than the first tamas mentioned. I personally didn't enjoy it very much, but some people like it.

V6: Also known as the Music Star. You raise one tamagotchi to become a Music Star. It's more complicated, and some people don't like that, but it's one of my favorite versions and I definitely recommend it.

TamaTown: Also known as the Tama-Go. Despite it's portable sounding name, it's huge. And you need the extra figures on top to get the most enjoyment out of the version, which I personally didn't really like. They're too big and hard to get for it to be worth just a few games and locations to me, but some people really like it, and if you're okay with getting the figures, then it's a great version.

IDL: Really really great color version packed with features and characters. I personally haven't spoken to anyone who has one and didn't enjoy it. I run mine all the time. The english version is really expensive, but you can find japanese versions really cheap (comparatively) these days. Navigating a japanese version is actually really easy, and there's plenty of guides out there.

P's: Same as the IDL but with Pierces, which are like the figures from the Tama-Go. However, the P's have more features without the Pierces and the Pierces themselves have more content, so I enjoyed my P's version much more (personally).

Based on what you want, I would recommend the P's. It has the expansion pak design that caught your eye, but even if you can't get that many (or any) pierces, you'll have a great time with it. It's only in japanese, but navigating it is a breeze, just read one guide and you're all set. There's also an english patch for it (I don't know much about that, but I do know you need an IR phone to download it onto your computer then transfer it to the tama) if you really don't want a japanese version. I hope this helped! If you want any more information about any of this, feel free to message me (and I'm sure pretty much everyone else here on the forums would be happy to help as well) or look it up, chances are there's a topic on whatever you need right here on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back