Tamagotchi 4U+ or P's and a lot of other questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vividd

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new on this forum! I'm planning to buy a new tamagotchi and at first it was like " I will buy the latest one of course." but then I discovered that the 4u+ rather than having more than the previous versions is completely diffrent and the diffrences got me confused. I searched for old threads but the "4u opinion" where merely right after the release and now it's been some time. I have a whole list of questions so I think it's best to make an actual list to make it easier:

1. What's your opinion on both 4U and P's? Which one do you prefer and why? (I hope for as many opinions possible ^_^ )
  2. Will I have an access to any downloadable content if I don't have a Nexus or Galaxy phone?
  3. Are the 4U touchspots located only in one city in Japan? (Tokyo maybe?)
  4. Can I get the downloads from touchspots on the internet or through the app?
  5. Is P's offering more than 4U? What can 4U offer that P's doesn't have?
  6. P's offers more locations than 4U is that right?
  7. Which one offers more in-built stuff (accessories and food): 4U or P's?
  8. Are there more downloads for P's or 4U?
  9. I LOVE some of the custom faceplates you can make for 4U. Can you custom P's other than the pierces? Which one looks better to you, P's or 4U?
  10. And the last one similar to first: Which do you think I should buy knowing my limits (no nexus or galaxy and I dont live in Japan haha) OR if I should wait for the newest release? There have been rumors about a new release in 2016, do you think I should wait?
Those are hard questions and I'm sorry I couldn't find more answers myself. But most importantly I would love all of you to tell me your very own opinion which one you think is better! Thank you for any reploes! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TT! ;)

1. I prefer the ps to the 4u because the ps doesn't need to download so many things as there are already many built in stuff.

2. I am not too sure...

3. No. They are located everywhere. But it's easier to find them in Tokyo.

4. I think you can.

5. The 4u offers more downloadables while the ps does not have many.

6. I guess.

7. The ps offers more built in stuff. You have to download almost everything in the 4u.

8. There are more downloads for the 4u

9. I think the ps looks better. And there are no custom faceplates for the ps

10. I think you should wait if the lack of having an English version gets on your nerve. Or if you already have a ps, you can try letting your ps download the English patch. There's a guide to it on YouTube by ratamazone.

( Warning: The tamagotchi ps is not for new Tamagotchi owners. It's really complicated. The 4u too. )

Hello! I'm new on this forum! I'm planning to buy a new tamagotchi and at first it was like " I will buy the latest one of course." but then I discovered that the 4u+ rather than having more than the previous versions is completely diffrent and the diffrences got me confused. I searched for old threads but the "4u opinion" where merely right after the release and now it's been some time. I have a whole list of questions so I think it's best to make an actual list to make it easier:

1. What's your opinion on both 4U and P's? Which one do you prefer and why? (I hope for as many opinions possible ^_^ )
  2. Will I have an access to any downloadable content if I don't have a Nexus or Galaxy phone?
  3. Are the 4U touchspots located only in one city in Japan? (Tokyo maybe?)
  4. Can I get the downloads from touchspots on the internet or through the app?
  5. Is P's offering more than 4U? What can 4U offer that P's doesn't have?
  6. P's offers more locations than 4U is that right?
  7. Which one offers more in-built stuff (accessories and food): 4U or P's?
  8. Are there more downloads for P's or 4U?
  9. I LOVE some of the custom faceplates you can make for 4U. Can you custom P's other than the pierces? Which one looks better to you, P's or 4U?
  10. And the last one similar to first: Which do you think I should buy knowing my limits (no nexus or galaxy and I dont live in Japan haha) OR if I should wait for the newest release? There have been rumors about a new release in 2016, do you think I should wait?
Those are hard questions and I'm sorry I couldn't find more answers myself. But most importantly I would love all of you to tell me your very own opinion which one you think is better! Thank you for any reploes! :D
First of all, welcome to TamaTalk! Hope you like it here! :D Second, I don't have any 4U or P. From what I hear, if you want something jam packed with features, go with the P. They are so pretty and cool! Go with the 4U if you don't have much time on your hands.

Sadly, on the 4U, you can't get any extras because the Nexus and Samsung have NFC stuff. Apple products do not. :( BUT: guess what? for the P's, Mr. Blinky has made a download that turns everythung into English! Yay! But you need a laptop and a cheap phone with IR. You can find cheap phones used for about $15.

Other than that and the pierces, there are no downloads or extras available for P. But I think they are so pretty! With white gems on the sides!

Lastly, touch spots are avaible in the USA, only on the internet shopping, though.

Over all, go with P's

First of all, welcome to TamaTalk! Hope you like it here! :D Second, I don't have any 4U or P. From what I hear, if you want something jam packed with features, go with the P. They are so pretty and cool! Go with the 4U if you don't have much time on your hands.

Sadly, on the 4U, you can't get any extras because the Nexus and Samsung have NFC stuff. Apple products do not. :( BUT: guess what? for the P's, Mr. Blinky has made a download that turns everythung into English! Yay! But you need a laptop and a cheap phone with IR. You can find cheap phones used for about $15.

Other than that and the pierces, there are no downloads or extras available for P. But I think they are so pretty! With white gems on the sides!

Lastly, touch spots are avaible in the USA, only on the internet shopping, though.

Over all, go with P's
Sorry if I'm rude, but there are downloadables. Here's a link regarding the downloads.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/185683-tamagotchi-ps-and-downloads/

Thank you for the replies! I saw the link and I have discovered gotchiworld.de

It has so much content for P's! Even something called "4U stuff for P's"!

I begin to think that there is way more for P's than 4U has to offer honestly.

Thank you for the opinions and I hope for more so I would like this topic to be still open! By the way, would the items that I downloaded via USB irda dissapear if I would reset my tamsgotchi? Is downloading using this method save and are the acessories made by fans or by the Bandai? Is there any content made by fans?

Oh and the IDl or P's which one would be more "packed with content"? :)

I would absolutely recommend P's to you, not only it has downloads for itself, it has downloads converted from iD L and iD and 4U, pierces are exclusive for it and although you can't buy faceplates for it you can make them yourself by simply cutting out the shape of the paper from decorative paper, some talented people make resin plugs that go where pierces go, if the design of it wasn't beautiful enough you can decorate your P' s in those ways, it has a lot of built in content, nearly more than the iD L, way more locations that get unlocked once in a few Tamatomos, plus the downloading of the stuff is way easier through infrared.

To sum it up, totally, go for the P's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back