Which Tamagotchi is Best for My Phone?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luxbear

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm interested in getting a Tamagotchi (4U or P). However, from what I understand, the device works via infrared -- this phone does not have infrared reading capabilities. An individual told me I could potentially transfer the app to my phone/download it and still be able to use the 4U or P -- is this correct? Essentially, I want to know how I would go about using my Tama on my phone once I buy it.

PS: Detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated if you have them! :)

Tamagotchi P's requires infrared and will not be compatible with your phone. If you're talking about that app - it is only for the 4U and compatibility with newer phones with NFC isn't always guaranteed (we've had people with identical phones but with mixed results - some work, some don't).

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of those will work with your phone if it doesn't have FeliCa NFC. Infrared can be found in older phones like Nokia (which works perfectly fine with my P's) and FeliCa NFC can be found in newer phones like, possibly, yours. But you have to check your phone for NFC.

Turns out my phone DOES have NFC. Now that I've figured that out, what's the next step?

Make sure it's FeliCa NFC though. Tama 4U doesn't connect to any other kinds of NFC.

Hmm, is there a specific way that I could confirm that?

Bandai has released a list of compatible phones for the 4U on this page.

However, since 4U is released exclusively in Japan, phone models that are designed outside of the region may not be listed.

Using the forum's Search function (highly recommended! :D ), this topic might be helpful as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back