tama death

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
Why do they have different versions of the death screen? Why does the Japanese death screen is different from the English death screen?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a censorship implemented by Bandai because they thought the Japanese death screens were too "traumatizing." I could be wrong though.

However, it wouldn't be the first time Japan censors different things in order to reach a western audience.

^^ Same thing I've heard, I don't understand how the Western death screen is any less/more traumatizing as it's still a death. I actually think them packing up their bags and walking out on you is more upsetting as they made up their mind that you're not a good career ://

*Quitly raises hand due to having been traumatized by both the japanese and the western tamagotchi deaths...* :p

I believe the censoring idea is correct. A tama ghost on a graveyard is probably the worst, but the winged egg scene can probably be wiewed as pretty tough too. Department is probably easier for most people to cope with, altough I personally always preferred the "real deaths", since that made it feel more "for real" to care for the tamagotchi. On the other hand, seeing a tamagotchi die with the graphics of a color tamagotchi just might have been too much for me as well... :unsure:

I'd just rather see them fly away in a spaceship back to Tama planet instead of dying. That would still get the message across that the person didn't care for the tama, so it just left, not died.

how does the death screen on the American Music star, Friends, Tamago look like? Is it all just a bye bye letter or egg w/ wings halo? Same, nothing changed? Cause these are not in the Connection versions, well yeah music star v6.

P1-P2 show a spaceship for the death screen.

Angel shows ByeBye! or a black egg.

V1-V4.5 show an egg with wings.

V5-Friends Dream Town show a Goodbye letter.

Hello kids, make sure you check the topic first before posting. If the topic has been inactive for more than 3 months, do not bump and make a new one instead.

Please read this topic for reference.

And while everyone's at it, please make sure to read (and re-read) all Forum Rules and Regulations before posting.

This topic will now be locked as we don't want zombies roaming around. ;)

*POOF*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back