V4 Stopped Working Suddenly

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ipodboqi

Reaction score
One of my v4's was working perfectly fine until just a few minutes ago. The screen randomly turned off and there's no sound when I press any buttons. I heard it receive a mail to minute prior to this and I tried changing the battery to see if it would help. When I put the battery in it made a weird noise but it's still not working. Can anyone help me?

Sounds like what happened to my Music Star when it broke. You can try opening it up and cleaning it out. I would highly recommend looking up a video on how to do it first, if you've never opened a tamagotchi before. Best of luck! :)

try leaving the batteries out for a bit before putting them in i guess. from past experiences with a v1 and v4.5, connections tend to be finnicky with batteries...

There may be dust or something inside of it. My Tama-Go would work for the first minute, then the screen went blank. I presumed that it was broken, but after dusting the inside of it, it started to work again and it hasn't acted up ever since.

Could also be a brand of battery that the tamagotchi does not like - in the first case leading to a low battery glitch, and then to downright refusal of the next battery. Some tamagotchis are pickier than others, and I've experienced similar problems a lot of times, that are gone when trying another kind of battery, while another tamagotchi might accept the first one without trouble. Recently one of my v4.5's refused a battery by producing a vibration sound and no screen response upon insertion. It worked fine with another battery, but did the same thing again when reinserting the first battery, although another tama had no problem with it. So it's a bit complicated :p

I have an orange 4.5 that's on its way out. It also turns off randomly. I have to mess with the battery connecter to make it turn on and it doesn't always stay on, either. Did the weird noise sound like mechenical screeching? My orange 4.5 did that when it erased my data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back