Yay. Win10 crash

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
First crash on Win10. I was playing Animal Jam, and then, my computer's screen glitched out and then shut down. Then it blue screened with the error "DRIVE_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFER". Trust me, I was scared. Obviously it crashed, but shut down to protect itself.

Was this happening to everyone? Or just me?

I don't play animal jam, so I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Something I wish happened was the 8-10 BSOD putting in more details like the 2000 BSOD so people can learn a lot more from it.

Blue-Screen-of-Death-Windows-10.png

029-bsod_Windows_2000.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to be the only one who hasn't had any sort of problems with Windows 10. That crash definitely is odd though
The scary part is that it only happened once. After the computer recovered, and to this day, it hasn't happened since.

I did a virus scan and it didn't pick up anything, which meant it wasn't a hack attack (which is what "DRIVE_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER" is usually meaning, but it could also be a corrupted drive or a drive that needs repairing or re-installation and update), cuz if it was a hack attack, my antivirus would have told me.

I seriously want to downgrade to 7 or Vista (It's tolerable now I've heard) because the tracking crap makes me uneasy.

Or just go complete Linux. But alas...

Maybe the drive skipped
Yeah, it could've skipped and caused the error during Animal Jam gameplay (AJ does lag sometimes due to so many people on their servers, mostly happens in Aldan, Draa, Grande, etc.)

And Forgotten, do you have the Location button on (highlights red or whatever color you're using when turned on)? If so, turn it off. They can't track you unless you have it on (and you can't use Cortana, so that's another thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back