V6/Music Star genre and star ranking?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popgotchi

Reaction score
So it's been a few years since I started running my v6/Music Star again.

I remember most of the functions, but I'm a bit confused on one thing.

I have a Mametchi that has 999 (max) for each skill and he originally played under Classical. He managed to get a 1st Star Ranking in a concert this morning (I set the time to 5PM, 6PM and 7PM for the concerts), and I got the award from King Gotchi.

An hour ago, its Star Ranking dropped down to 4th and the music genre changed to Rock 'n' Roll. I didn't change the band's instruments nor Mametchi's, so I'm not sure why it changed by itself? Would I need to work up the Star Ranking back to 1st and also get the Rock 'n' Roll award as well?

Also when does Guitaritchi come to bring me the payment?

This is as much as I can remember:

- Tams tend to switch genres whenever they feel like it. The general consensus is that they will be more inclined to switch to a new genre after winning a music award.

- You don't actually get anything from obtaining the music awards, but yes, if you wanted the Rock 'n' Roll award then you would have to raise your Star Ranking to 1st again.

- Guitartchi comes every morning. I want to say at 10:00am but am not entirely sure as it's been a while since I've used my V6. You'll get a lot of Gotchi Points but remember to spend instead of hoard them as money doesn't pass down to future generations (you probably know this but I thought I'd mention it anyway).

- From my experience your Star Ranking fluctuates. Try having your tama practice his instrument some more. I wouldn't worry too much about switching the clock manually to go to concerts - which, incidentally, raise your Star Ranking when performed successfully - as, like I said, you don't get any rewards for trophies. There's always the next gen for any you didn't get.

Hope I was helpful!

- Tams tend to switch genres whenever they feel like it. The general consensus is that they will be more inclined to switch to a new genre after winning a music award.
Yup! I recently ran a V6 (around December) and your tama can switch genres whenever they feel like it. There isn't a way (that I know of) to make sure your tama is one genre or whatever.

Also, star ranking just depends. It can go down or up depending on:

-the skill levels

-if you attend all the concerts or not

-the performance game on the "Away" icon under the door

You can kinda tell how well you're doing after a concert. When your band stops playing, the screen kinda scrolls down and there's an animation of sorts of all your fans. If there's a lot, you're doing good. If not, you're ranking might go down 1 or 2.

Hope I helped. ^_^

Ah I see. Thanks for your replies!

Guess I can aim to get the Rock 'n' Roll award as well because why not? :lol:

Update: I got my Star Ranking back to 1st and I received the award

Now I need to wait until tomorrow for Guitaritchi to give me my payment! Can't remember the exact time though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back