Favorite Tamagotchi Video Game?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexia

Reaction score
Since there have been several Tamagotchi-related video games throughout the years, I'd like to know which are your favorites. Any Tamagotchi game is acceptable, regardless of what language it was released in or the system (e.g. Gameboy, 3DS, or even PC). Also, please give me a little bit of info about the gameplay itself and why you like it. If any of the games people mention are readily available to me, I might be interested in getting one or more. :ichigotchi:

I really love Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2! I love managing all the different stores and experiencing all of the different games that the stores have to offer. My favorite shop/game has to be the doctor's office. All the different things that you have to do makes it challenging but fun! (A little side note, I recently got Cho~ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi which is I heard is suppose to be like a Tamagotchi Corner Shop 4. Unfortunately I was unaware that my 2DS has a region lock and I had to return it. :( )

I really love Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2! I love managing all the different stores and experiencing all of the different games that the stores have to offer. My favorite shop/game has to be the doctor's office. All the different things that you have to do makes it challenging but fun! (A little side note, I recently got Cho~ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi which is I heard is suppose to be like a Tamagotchi Corner Shop 4. Unfortunately I was unaware that my 2DS has a region lock and I had to return it. :( )
Yeah, the Corner Shop games definitely do look like fun. I'm not surprised to see you recommend one. I also really love a lot of the characters that were popular at the time they were made. By any chance have you played all three in the series?

Thanks for the heads-up about region lock. I actually do have a Japanese 3DS, and reading one of the Japanese games might be a good way to help me practice my language skills. I'm guessing any kanji used would have furigana to make them easier to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Ouchi Mainichi Tamagotchi on the Japanese 3DS. You basically own a house and you can gradually unlock more mini-games and things to buy. You can change the colors of the house and buy furniture, wallpapers, carpets, and even characters, and put them where ever you like. You can also unlock different music and choose whichever music you like to play while you play the game. It's really fun and enjoyable!

By any chance have you played all three in the series?
Unfortunately, no. I have Corner Shop 2 and 3 but not the first one. I was going to buy it after Cho~ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi didn't work but the first Corner Shop is like $50-100 on Amazon. :eek: (Last time I checked). I might as well just get a 4U+. :p (The only other tama game I own Tamagotchi: Party On! for the Wii).

Gonna have to go with Sega Saturn de Hakken! Tamagotchi Park on this one. Basically, the gameplay matches that of the first Game Boy game, except with some notable differences.

I quickly wanted to bring up the character lineup before discussing why this one is my favorite. First, the G1 and G2 lineups are no longer combined into one. This alone is a VERY welcome change - the G1 lineup is what you get in the initially available egg, while the G2 unlocks later on, as do two more. The first one is the Angel which includes the same characters as the keychain (Even Lucky Unchikun), and the second is a Sega themed egg... which is one of the two big reasons why this is my favorite of the video games.

The Sega egg basically hatches into a small computer ROM chip (ChibiROMtchi) before evolving into a bigger one (ROMtchi). After this, it will evolve into one of two teens as usual... those being Disctchi (Regular CD, because the Saturn CDs were no different from the others in appearance, let's face it) or Cartritchi (Genesis / Mega Drive cartridge). Both Disctchi and Cartritchi have some VERY cute animations... but it's not until they grow into one of the four adult forms that things get AWESOME.

Long story short, the adults and the secret character on this egg are all based on actual Sega characters. Alextchi (Alex Kidd), Opaopatchi (Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone), Pengotchi (Pengo), and Flickytchi (One of the Flickies from Sonic 3D Blast), with Sonictchi (No need to say who that one is based on!) being the "not so secret" character - I say this because Sonictchi and Opaopatchi are prominently featured in the advertising materials for the game. In fact, they're both featured alongside the main cast of the G1, G2, and Angel in the game's TV commercial.

Aside from the awesomeness that is the Sega egg, the other reason I love this game so much is because it has the best graphics out of the entire vintage game lineup - not even Hoshi de Hakken! Tamagotchi (For the PlayStation) and Minna de Tamagotchi World 64 (For the Nintendo 64, which is a Mario Party type game with light virtual pet elements - nowhere near the same as the Game Boy games, this one, and Hoshi de Hakken are in gameplay) come close visually. All of the characters from all four eggs are extremely well animated - even basic animations such as eating (Which in the Game Boy games and Hoshi de Hakken only have the usual two frames) are given attention to detail. And of course, the Sega egg's adults carry the same mannerisms of the characters that they're based on... gotta love Opaopatchi growing his feet out on occasion! :wub:

So yeah... Tamagotchi Park is my favorite of the Tamagotchi video games. No contest. :marumimitchi:

(Also, I recently did a YouTube video of the game's character viewer mode, in which I went through the animations of all nine Sega egg characters as well as Lucky Unchikun. If the mods are okay with it, I'll post the link... but until then, I'm going to play it safe.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Corner Shop 2 is hands down the best to me. There were lots of shops and it was really fun to fill out each tama's stamp cards. :)

The first corner shop was limited, and the 3rd one was confusing and not as exciting imo.

I also think the board game styled wii game, Which i believe is called Party On!, is really cute and a fun little way to pass the time. I haven't played it too much but my friend has it.

Either the original GBC game, or Cornershop 2! One was basically just the original tamagotchi, but you could raise 3 of them! Cornershop 2 was the most fun for me because of just how many shops there were, and how many memories I had with it! :D

I haven't played the majority of the Tamagotchi games, but I have a lot of fond memories with Tamagotchi Corner Shop. ^_^ Me and Memetchi were always business partners. We were able to get all of the shops! We started a monopoly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back