What would you like to see in a Tamagotchi database?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles11

Reaction score
I am currently studying in college to be a mobile and web developer, and I am learning how to create databases. I am thinking of creating a database for Tamagotchi toys and other related stuff. If I were to make them, and host it for public use, what would you want to see/use it for?

Well it really depends on the what you wanna do i guess. Is it going to be a repository of information about different kinds of tama toys that were released? Then you'd have a bit of a history vault of information on each release (whether it be english, japanese or all releases). In which you could include pictures of the version, games it has, raise-able characters, etc.

You could also have it user made as well by having people send in or post things like text or images.

I don't know too much about databases myself, I'm a HTML and CSS kind of person :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess what'd be most useful is the releases. The versions, their release dates, and their featured features (lol) are what I would read. The devices themselves, I think, should be more focused on rather than the characters, though I guess the series mascots would be fine if they were to be included.

This is really just wish thinking, but you could always ask Bandai for permission to host the old v3-v4.5 and maybe also v5 tamatown programs... :p :D

Well it really depends on the what you wanna do i guess. Is it going to be a repository of information about different kinds of tama toys that were released? Then you'd have a bit of a history vault of information on each release (whether it be english, japanese or all releases). In which you could include pictures of the version, games it has, raise-able characters, etc.

You could also have it user made as well by having people send in or post things like text or images.

I don't know too much about databases myself, I'm a HTML and CSS kind of person :p
Yeah, I was thinking like, a repository of information. A massive database, more detailed than the wiki, and one that would allow you to say, search for anything, (version, year, country, character, item) and have it return results to match your query. Sorta like moriDB, if you're into animal crossing. And yeah, lol I know HTML and CSS, I actually created a Tamagotchi website for a class last semester! I haven't gotten it hosted though. I've been too busy with school.

I guess what'd be most useful is the releases. The versions, their release dates, and their featured features (lol) are what I would read. The devices themselves, I think, should be more focused on rather than the characters, though I guess the series mascots would be fine if they were to be included.
I do want to make something like this, yes.

This is really just wish thinking, but you could always ask Bandai for permission to host the old v3-v4.5 and maybe also v5 tamatown programs... :p :D
That would be so cool! I wish I could do that. I miss tamatown a lot. ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back