⋆ Popgotchi's (Inconsistent) Tamagotchi Log [ Music Star // 4U ] ⋆

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popgotchi

Reaction score
I've rebooted my v6 like a month ago, but I feel like I should keep a track of what is happening to them!

A little backstory first. The last time I touched my Tamagotchi was in...2011? 2012? Anyways, I can faintly remember that my Tamagotchi were pretty successful in their music career. Claiming 1st star ranking awards and a decent daily salary to keep them afloat. Something made me reset, though. I guess I wanted to experience the journey of starting from the bottom. But afterwards I quickly lost interest, being reminded of how I would have to constantly play the 3 music games just to max their music skills. Epic fail, 12 year old self.

But, after 4 years or so, nostalgia washed over me and I finally decided to pick up my Tamagotchi, pop in a fresh battery, and boot it up again. I currently have a v3, v6 and a Tama-Go in my possession. I used to own a v4, but I think it stopped working due because water got into it and I ended up throwing it away? Couldn't find it around my house for the life of me :(
While all of my current Tamas are in a working condition, I decided to only run my v6. My v3's A button was getting stuck at times which incredibly hindered me when I was playing games with the Tamagotchi. I reloaded my 4 year old data from my Tama-Go, but it doesn't really stand out to me anymore.

So, my v6 was my only choice. In my opinion, my favourite Tamagotchi! I remember going on Tama Town everyday, but sadly that site has been shut down for quite a while...Also, my first v6 was somehow dropped (can't quite remember how) and the screen turned black. I was sincerely heart broken and my mum took me out to buy another one the next day! :wub:

Alright, alright, time to move onto my v6 now.
My shell design is the Idol Dream (I will post a pic if I can), and it still has most of its design. A very small portion of the silver paint has faded away, but it doesn't make a huge difference.

Last month I ran it again, data all reset. And during that last month, there was school break, so my sleep schedule was mucked up, to say the least. I'd sleep at like 2 and wake up at 11 or 12, so if I didn't pause my v6, they'd be dead by the time I woke up! :mellow:

I will try to backtrack what happened though.

My newly hatched Tamagotchi was a male Petitchi~ I didn't really know what to name it, so I just went with Kumakun (wished there was one more character slot so I could name him as Kuma-kun though). It started off with a Dinosaur for his toy and Singers as his instrument, and his music genre was Classic. I began to make Kumakun play the 3 music games to increase its music skills.
It grew into a Kuchitamatchi, who received a nice toy Robot from the daycare lady~ Kumakun attended the daycare and had a lot of fun playing jump rope with his fellow peers. Back home, he continued to hone his music skills.
Kuchitamatchi grew into Kikitchi in his sleep! I was quite surprised to see him grow so quickly. Kikitchi quickly attended school and met up with his fellow friends; Hinotamatchi and Chamametchi. They formed a band called Magnolia, who focused on Classic music. The trio were put through numerous practices to bond as a team and to strive towards their goal of becoming sensational hits. In between Kikitchi's practices, I praised him lovingly and took exceptional care of him, believing in his potential.
The caring attention made him grow into a Mametchi. By now, Mametchi had all of his music skills maxed out to 999 each. When Mametchi went back to school, his Teen Tama friends were shocked to see him grow. They, too, grew into Dorotchi and Onputchi respectively. On their first trial in front of the judges, all three aspiring Tamas passed with flying colours, immediately going on to their Pro Debut. Vigorous training ensued for Magnolia, making them rise in their Star Rankings. Until, one late concert, they finally did it. King Gotchi recognised their achievements and awarded them with the award for Classic music. I was extremely proud of Mametchi and went on a shopping spree with him the next day. After all, we got 10,000,000 Gotchi points to spend. Say goodbye to Baby Food and Baby Milk, hello to Noodles, Sandwiches, Chocolate, Muffins, and more! Of course, I made sure that Kumakun was still getting enough exercise by playing through music games and working part time picking fruit. However, Kumakun was not satisfied with only claiming one award. No, Magnolia strived to rise in the rankings for Rock n' Roll and Jazz as well.
When Kumakun turned 5 years old, Guitaritchi came to our door to pay us and to set my Tama up with a lovely Violetchi. Kumakun loved her dearly, and a baby girl was born to form one, big happy family together :newmametchi: :furawatchi:
The next day, Kumakun and Violetchi silently departed their baby girl after spending one day with her. Petitchi woke up shocked to not see her parents on either side of her, and to see that her parents had taken all of their money with them!

And thus, Kumakun entrusted his baby with me. I named her Diana, after one of my favourite Animal Crossing villagers, haha.
Diana inherited 1/4 of her father's music skills, already starting off with a huge advantage over her fellow peers. Diana was carefully raised, tending to all of her needs and playing music games with her.
Soon enough, Diana grew into a bright Hitodetchi. Her daycare teacher introduced herself before giving her atoy Car? Diana certainly didn't prefer any of the toys that she had. So instead of making her play with her toys, I played music games and jump rope instead.
Diana evolved from a Hitodetchi to a Chamametchi during her sleep. She said goodbye to the daycare lady and went to greet her new teacher that gave her a Headphone! Perfect, just what I wanted. This means that Diana can eventually change her genre into something that Kumakun hasn't. Diana's band members were surprisingly both female. She was accompanied by Ichigotchi and Ringotchi, forming the band, Gal Nite. The three girls practiced each day, both together as a band and individually. Diana proudly stood with 999 skill points in each category, displaying a lot of potential.
Yesterday, Diana grew into an adult Chantotchi. She immediately set off to meet up with her band members, who also grew into an adult Masktchi and Violetchi. Gal Nite passed the judge's trial like Magnolia, and moved on to their Pro Debut. However, Gal Nite was torn between two genres: Hip Hop and Pop. I haven't changed Diana's instruments, so it seemed pretty weird that they would switch genres at least 3 times before even getting the Star Ranking award. Anyhow, despite their constant switching, (which caused their Star Ranking to fluctuate from 6th to 10th), Gal Nite won their award on their third concert. Now that they had the Hip Hop award under their belt, they can now claim that Pop award soon!

Well, that was everything that had happened in the past month! Already onto the second generation :D
Now, the title of my Tamalog says inconsistent. This is because of my horribly out of sync sleep schedule in the holidays, which messed with my Tamagotchi's in-game growth since I had to pause it), and it may still be inconsistent now because of school. Which means I will have to pause my v6 from 8:00am to ~4:00pm when I get home. That would also depend on if there is any homework or class assignments to be done. So, I may not be able to update for a few days purely because of homework or tests/ exams at times. I am in my second to last year in college (which is the equivalent to high school in the U.S), and everyone has been saying that it is a huge step up from last year. At least my Tamagotchi will be able to sleep naturally through the night instead of being paused, right? XD

In case you're wondering why I'm not going to get a new Tamagotchi, like the Tamagotchi Friends, it's because the retail stores in New Zealand do not stock them anymore. Buying my Tama-Go was a bit difficult as they did not sell them in stores, and only on their website. And I don't really want to ship one from the US to NZ, since the conversion of US dollars to NZ dollars will be one obstacle, as well as the shipping fee. Plus, I'm not really interested in the new greyscale Tamas. I have my Tama-Go which is the closest thing to the "new" releases. Although, if I could, I would love to buy a Tamagotchi P's or iD L. Finally, a colour screen! But on average, they cost at least $80-$110NZD, and as much as I want it, the price isn't really worth it. Maybe when I'm older, perhaps I'll get one. But I bet by then, there would be more new models released like the Tamagotchi 4U!

But for now, I'll keep my log up so I can personally keep track of what's happened, and if any of you guys are interested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[ ~ I will be posting a summary of each generation here ~]

Generation 1

Mametchi

6 years old, 33 lb

Petitchi (M) --> Kuchitamatchi --> Kikitchi --> Mametchi

Band: Magnolia

Married to: Violetchi

⋆⋆⋆⋆

Generation 2

Chantotchi

3 years old, 25 lb

Petitchi (F) --> Hitodetchi --> Chamametchi --> Chantotchi

Band: Gal Nite

Married to: Nobody yet

⋆⋆⋆⋆

February 8

I'm not sure why my thread doesn't show the "Comments OK" tag. I've changed it in the topic prefix but it still doesn't show up, or is it just for me?

Anyways, Diana is now 3 years old and Guitaritchi came to pay her 10,000,000 Gotchi points.

The Shop is currently stocked with Waffles, a Bow, Candies and a Toy Shop for 12,000,000 Gotchi points. I'm about 2,000,000 Gotchi points short :(

Managed to get a pic of her as well!

10gissy.jpg

We got a gift from Mametchi at 12:30pm. He sent us a delicious Hot Dog!

In my attempt to get Gal Nite to switch into Pop, I made all of their instruments Singers. You'd think that they'd switch immediately since they were changing between Pop and Hip Hop before they performed in their concert. Their Star Ranking dropped to 3rd, but hopefully they will change to Pop before the first concert of the night. Diana snacked on a Sausage for lunch, yum yum.

Sweet, Diana changed her music genre to Pop! Star Ranking went down to 4th but I can easily work it back up.

On another note, I managed to grab a Mew code in New Zealand! I kept a really close eye on this, and just an hour or so ago I checked it to see that New Zealand EB Games has these codes in stock! I immediately went to the closest store to snag a code~ ^_^

Diana went to perform in all three of her concerts, making her go from 4th to 2nd in the rankings. Tomorrow she should be able to get the Pop award, assuming that she doesn't decide to change her genre before the concerts. I awarded her with a Fish for dinner and nutritious Grapes for dessert. We stopped by the Shop to see that the Luxury Car was in stock for 2,000,000 Gotchi points. Now Diana can cruise around in style! She is now resting up, eager to start a new day.

February 9

Good morning! Diana had a very nice sleep, unlike me who was woken up by my alarm. No matter, no matter. She had a Scone for breakfast and I found out that Sushi was her favourite food! Diana would be smiling whenever I scrolled by Sushi, and the word "GREAT!" appears after she has eaten. She also had a piece of Candy and Ice Cream (in the morning, yes).

I set the time forward to 9:30 so Guitartchi can come and pay us. Since my Star Ranking is 2nd and not 1st, we only got 5,000,000 Gotchi points. Better than nothing, right?

Well, I'll be going to school soon, which is why I had to get my daily pay out of the way. I expect that I'll have to set the time forward/back to attend the concerts, but I will still keep this updated!

----

I just had dinner after finishing all of my homework and other bits and bobs. Unpaused my Tamagotchi and had to set the time back to catch 2 of the 3 concerts, Diana still hasn't reached a 1st Star Ranking >_<

I still got one concert left and (almost) completely stress free since I finished my homework, so I'll be intensely training her for the next hour or so.

Giving Diana sweets first thing in the morning??

Don't you know she'll crash?! Even a scone and sushi aren't enough to offset that sort of dietary imbalance! The scone is nothing but more carbohydrates, and sushi only provides minimal necessary protein!

My friend, what are you doing?!

Giving Diana sweets first thing in the morning??

Don't you know she'll crash?! Even a scone and sushi aren't enough to offset that sort of dietary imbalance! The scone is nothing but more carbohydrates, and sushi only provides minimal necessary protein!

My friend, what are you doing?!
Haha ironically, I'm on a low carb diet! XD

If only losing weight was as easy as in Tamagotchi, where you just need to play various minigames.

February 10

I forgot to update yesterday's entry since I got caught up with homework and other such, but Diana's ranking was oh so close to being 1st, and she just had to change into Classical :angry:

I would have been fine with it if I hadn't won the award for Classical, since she's currently 2nd for it...

But here's where the "inconsistent" part of my title kicks in. More homework today, so I wasn't able to manage my Tamagotchi.

Diana is still 3 years old :(

February 11

Diana turned 4 today and I only had time to send her off to her concerts.

She still stuck to Classical music, and raised her Star Ranking to 1st. Then I sneakily set the time back to 9:30am to collect my 10,000,000 Gotchi points since I didn't collect it yet, huehuehue :p

February 12

Thank goodness it's Friday! I managed to spend some valuable time with Diana~

We went shopping and bought a Wig to try on. She looked absolutely hilarious!

I treated Diana to her favourite food, Sushi. Afterwards, she chugged down on a refreshing Juice and Crepe. Of course, I took her out to burn off those calories after she devoured her meal.

I continued to change the instruments for Gal Nite, but they are still sticking to Classical music. Just seeing Masktchi and Violetchi spin on their heads to Classical music was just hilarious!

Currently this is the band:

Diana (Chantotchi): Singers

Masktchi: Headphones

Violetchi: Headphones

Other than that, I only have the Trumpet. I saw a thread where you could change their genre by making them play with their toy. The only toys I have are the Dinosaur, Robot and Car, all three of which Diana doesn't really like, unfortunately.

She is still 4 years old, because I needed to pause the Tama when I'm in school. She will turn 5 eventually, and you know what that means...

Diana may find a partner soon! Wonder who her dream boy is~ :wub:

February 13

I still kept my Tama on pause for most of the day since I was too busy to maintain it.

But, during the time that I was looking after Diana, she was treated to another piece of Sushi and Smoothie. We managed to buy a Toy Shop and Cafe, from which Diana earned 4,700 Gotchi points from the Toy Shop. The shops were something that I really wanted, since I thought it was pretty neat. Although, I think the chance of gaining a profit or making a loss is random. There was also a UFO for 2,000,000 Gotchi points yesterday, but I decided to resist the impulse purchase in case the Toy Shop/Cafe popped up the next day. And I was right!

Sorry that the log isn't as exciting now :(

Schoolwork occupies me, and other things distract me. And I'm really trying to keep my Tamagotchi maintained just so it can change their music genre to Pop and get the 1st Star Ranking award!

February 14

It's Valentine's Day for me today, so...Happy Valentine's Day in advance to those who celebrate it? :eek: personally i don't like the idea of it since i'm aromantic, but that doesn't mean people can't celebrate it if they wanted to

Anyways, today a Mocha Costume was in stock. I remembered that by using the costume, it would temporarily change the Tamagotchi's appearance into Mochatchi or Spotchi for the day. Tada! Diana is now a Mochatchi! (Will post a pic later)! Another funny thing that happened was that her instrument, Singers, changed similarly in appearance. It had two little ears to match Mochatchi.

Our Cafe also made us a profit of 14,000 Gotchi points, but our Toy Shop was at a stand still.

Diana is now 5 years old, but we didn't receive a visit from the matchmaker at 12:30PM. I'm guessing it's because of the Mocha Costume in effect? Or maybe it's technically not a "new day" in my Tamagotchi, even though she turned 5 since I pause it at night during the weekends.

February 15

Forgot to record what happened yesterday here, but not much happened since I kept the Tamagotchi paused for the day.

But the matchmaker came with two potential partners for her; Mametchi and Tarakotchi. She denied them for now, still wanting to aim to get an award for Pop, even though it looks like she's not switching. So much for Valentine's Day!

February 18
I didn't have time to play, but I just unpaused and Diana got her daily pay. I changed the time to 12:30 and Guitartchi came with Kuromametchi! Diana instantly accepted. Who knew that it was her dream guy?
Kuromametchi and Diana had a baby girl! The family is sleeping, but the parents will depart their child soon...

Diana claimed the 1st Star Ranking award for Jazz too! Following her father's footsteps~

February 19

The family had a lot of fun together with the Slide and a ride in the Luxury Car. Diana got her usual daily pay of 10,000,000 Gotchi points. Sadly, because my Music Star is from Wave 2, the parents will take all of their money with them and may send some through the mail...I wish they didn't change that feature, it's really irritating to not be able to buy anything from the Shop!

After feasting on a mixture of Teriyaki Chicken, Sushi, Crepes and Sundaes, they ended off their day with a Chocolate Cake~ Yum yum, but watch the weight!

When the clock struck 9, they all went to sleep. Diana and Kuromametchi knew what they had to do during the night, to Petitchi's despair...

February 20

Petitchi was no longer greeted in the morning by her mother. Instead, it was time for me to raise the next generation!

I named her Francine and began to train her. Diana and Kumakun left with Jazz for their music genre, so I'm hoping that the third generation will be able to practice in the Pop genre and claim the award for it. The little Petitchi went to run the Toy Store, gaining 12,000 Gotchi points in return. That still wouldn't be enough to afford the Boutique though...

After an hour or two, Francine grew into a Tamatchi. I guess I didn't take care of her enough -_-

To be fair, I didn't have as much time to tend to my Tamagotchi as I did in the holidays. Care aside, Francine received a toy Panda from her kindergarten teacher. Finally, a toy that is "suitable" for a girl Tama (I had a toy Robot, Dinosaur and Car, all of which Diana hated). Her music genre is currently Pop, with the Headphones as her practicing instrument. I hope that she sticks with this genre when she reaches her Teen stage and Adult stage. I'm also hoping to get an instrument which are influenced by the Pop, Asian, Latin, or Rock genre. These are the remaining genres that I need to get an award in.

Francine owns the other Toddlers in jump rope as well :D

[ ~ I will be posting a summary of each generation here ~]​
Generation 1
Kumakun​
6 years old, 33 lb​
Petitchi (M) --> Kuchitamatchi --> Kikitchi --> Mametchi​
Band: Magnolia​
Married to: Violetchi​
⋆⋆⋆⋆
Generation 2
Diana​
6 years old, 35 lb​
Petitchi (F) --> Hitodetchi --> Chamametchi --> Chantotchi​
Band: Gal Nite​
Married to: Kuromametchi​
⋆⋆⋆⋆
Generation 3
Francine​
0 years old, 15 lb​
Petitchi (F) --> Tamatchi​
Band: None​
Married to: None​
Updated the summary of each generation! ^_^

On a side note, I've been considering getting another Tamagotchi soon. Maybe in the next school holidays so I could find a temporary part-time job to earn some money so I can pay for it. I really want to get a Japanese Tamagotchi, especially the P's and iD L, but it just costs too much and I'm not sure if they will ship to New Zealand (I bet shipping fee will cost me an arm as well). Plus, I never ordered from Amazon or eBay, so I'd need to go over that as well :unsure:

If anyone can recommend some other site apart from the two mentioned above, please let me know so I can have a look! It'll be much appreciated, but please note that there will be the currency conversion to consider.

February 21

Francine woke up at 7:30am and I fed her some Fish, which turns out to be her favourite food! Afterwards, I sent her off to preschool for playing jump rope. Hitodetchi lasted for a really long time before she lost to the victorious Tamatchi. When we got back, Francine practiced on her instrument and played some music games to get our points up.

In between our games and practices, we received a sum of Gotchi points from her mother and a Cookie! Still taking care of her child even though she's left :')

A few hours before Francine was about to sleep, I was greeted with the evolving tune! Looking over in anticipation, Francine turned into a Chamametchi! Sadly, we couldn't receive our brand new instrument as she was about to go to sleep in less than an hour. She went from being a Tamatchi to a Chamametchi, meaning that I took better care of it this time.

I'll be posting the info of my Tamagotchi each day now to be a bit more specific at each stage!

Francine (Chamametchi) 3G

0 yrs old, 20 lb

Tone: 568

Rhythm: 549

Original: 523

Music genre: Pop

Toy: Panda

Instrument: Headphones

February 22

Phew! After a butt load of homework, I went ahead and unpaused my Tamagotchi and set the time back to 12:30 so Francine could meet her new band manager!
The instrument that she received was...a Turntable! A very obvious indication to the Hip Hop genre, but I guess it might also be influenced by Pop as well? Anyways, after she received her gift, I took her to school to meet up with two other Tamas to form their very own band. She ended up in a trio with Kikitchi and Hinotamatchi, and they decided to call their band All Star. This will be the start of their career!

February 24

Hectic schoolwork made me miss out on taking care of my little Francine. Had little to no time to train her :(

I only keep it unpaused when I'm going to sleep since I'll be able to wake up at the same time as my Tamagotchi does.

Yesterday she turned 1 year old, went back to 20 lbs and her Skill Points basically remained the same, apart from the times she went to practice on her instrument by herself. I didn't have time to take her to school for band practice, which resulted in some consequences, as seen just a few hours ago. This was the band:

All Star

Genre: Pop

Francine (Chamametchi) - Headphones

Ryo (Kikitchi) - Headphones

Paul (Hinotamatchi) - Singers

Altogether, they might've practiced only 2 or 3 times, which is quite bad...I fed Francine some food and kept her relatively happy despite this.

Today when I got home, I didn't have homework! Well, I did, for one subject, but I finished it off during lunchtime so I wouldn't have to spend time to do it at home :p

But there's going to be a test on one of the subjects on Friday, so I was writing up my revision notes whilst setting aside my Tamagotchi. Within the first 5 minutes of note writing, my Tamagotchi started to beep. It was that familiar sound of evolution! Francine, the Chamametchi, turned into...Mimitchi! Ayy, guess I managed to raise it much better than I did at its Toddler stage ^^

I took it to play a lot more Music Games, raising its Skill Points drastically. I'm still training it now, so the points will continue to change until I finish off for the day. Anyways, Francine met up with the rest of her band members and surprise, surprise, Kikitchi and Hinotamatchi grew as well! They grew into Kuromametchi and Mametchi respectively. Ahhh that's literally the D r e a m T e a m! :D

While I was getting distracted by the awesome evolved band members, they were whisked away into their first audition. This was the first time my Tamagotchi's Skill Points were not maxed out, so I was worried that they would not pass their audition, even if I did take it to play the three music games beforehand...And yup, they didn't pass :(

Judges scored them as X O X. I guess it might be because the Skill Points aren't at 999 each, but mainly because the band didn't get together enough during their Teen stage. I guess I'll just have to make Francine practice more by herself and with the band. Before I went to sleep, I made All Star practice together, forming stronger bonds and producing high quality Pop music, as well as training Francine in her Tone, Rhythm and Originality. As I was going on my laptop at the same time, my Tamagotchi beeped again and I thought it was the hourly mail. It wasn't! Apparently it was time for another audition in front of the panel of judges!

This time, they passed! All three judges scored them with O O O

Great! Luckily they passed the second time. Afterwards, I made them attend their daily three concerts which got their ranking pushed from a pattern of 999th, to 26th, to 5th, 3rd, 2nd, and finally 1st (26th and 5th were from after passing their Pro Debut on their second try). And that was it for the day! Tomorrow when Francine wakes up, she would be able to get the award.

Her stats were the following:

Tone: 916

Rhythm: 926

Original: 909

Latest posts

Back