Which new Colour tama? Gahh! Opinions PLEASE?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I spend $100 USD for a plus color or an iD L E? Why or why not?

• No, it's the same thing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapihapitchi

Reaction score
Well, I think the poll says it all. I'm looking to buy another color screen and want to get the most bang for my buck.

I like tamas that are personal, not too girly, customizable, and have cute perks and things to do so I won't get too bored right away.

If you want someone that isn't that girly, I'd recommend the 4U, 4U+, and the +Color, but you also wanted something that's customizable, so that lessens the choices to the 4U and 4U+. The shell designs shouldn't really bother you though. I'm a 16 year old guy and I have no problems bringing my iDL in public lol. Only get the 4U or 4U+ if you have a compatible NFC device. Other than that, you can get the P's or an iDL. Also, the easiest to decipher is the P's because of the English Patch Mr.Blinky made. Without English patches, they're all pretty much the same. AS long as you know the basics of Tamagotchis or willing to dedicate a few minutes to learn what each option is, then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think you should spend that much on a Tamagotchi though. $100 is way off the charts for me. (I got my iDL for $0.50)

If you want someone that isn't that girly, I'd recommend the 4U, 4U+, and the +Color, but you also wanted something that's customizable, so that lessens the choices to the 4U and 4U+. The shell designs shouldn't really bother you though. I'm a 16 year old guy and I have no problems bringing my iDL in public lol. Only get the 4U or 4U+ if you have a compatible NFC device. Other than that, you can get the P's or an iDL. Also, the easiest to decipher is the P's because of the English Patch Mr.Blinky made. Without English patches, they're all pretty much the same. AS long as you know the basics of Tamagotchis or willing to dedicate a few minutes to learn what each option is, then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think you should spend that much on a Tamagotchi though. $100 is way off the charts for me. (I got my iDL for $0.50)
If +colors were cheap, I would already have one. :D

I'm probably gonna go with and iD L or a 4U (since my friend has a nexus 7). But I'd still like to see others opinions.

ERR.... WHERE'D YA GET DAT ID L SO CHEAAP HUHH? lucky :(

I'd highly recommend that you get an iD L! Not only is it fun, but it can also connect with the P's (which I don't believe the 4U or plus Color can do). I personally believe that the iD L is easier to decipher than the P's because although it has plenty of features, it still has fewer features than the P's. (And it's a bit closer to a traditional tama.) And finally, I said no to paying $100 for an iD L E (or plus color). That's an awful lot of money for one of them. I'd say sticking in the $50-$60 range would be best. Here's the cheapest iD L I was able to find (note that I said iD L, not iD L E.) : https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamagotchi-iD-L-YELLOW/dp/B004LLI3E4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1455665858&sr=8-10&keywords=tamagotchi+id+l+english

(I got my iDL for $0.50)
Where did you find that I want one. :p

I'd highly recommend that you get an iD L! Not only is it fun, but it can also connect with the P's (which I don't believe the 4U or plus Color can do). I personally believe that the iD L is easier to decipher than the P's because although it has plenty of features, it still has fewer features than the P's. (And it's a bit closer to a traditional tama.) And finally, I said no to paying $100 for an iD L E (or plus color). That's an awful lot of money for one of them. I'd say sticking in the $50-$60 range would be best. Here's the cheapest iD L I was able to find (note that I said iD L, not iD L E.) : https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamagotchi-iD-L-YELLOW/dp/B004LLI3E4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1455665858&sr=8-10&keywords=tamagotchi+id+l+english
I saw that item on amazon too! I also found a green one I like: https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamagotchi-iD-L-GREEN/dp/B004LLI3GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455671577&sr=8-1&keywords=tamagotchi+id+l+english

I'd probably get a green, yellow or blue one. Why is blue so expensive?? aughhhhh!!

I'm mostly leaning towards an iD L or a 4U! I did see some cheap iDs though....

I've heard that after connecting 2 P's, they can visit each other randomly without the owners physically connecting them. Can someone shed some light on this topic? If I got an iD L, would my P's randomly visit that or does it only work with 2 or more P's? Oh and what color versions can connect with what? I read the answer in another topic a while back and now I can't remember and I can't find the topic again.

Thanks everyone for voting!

That green one is super nice! :D

I have both an iD L and P's and I have never had them visit each other during the day. They will, however, send mail sometimes (if you go to the backyard). The iD L can only connect with the P's or other iD Ls. (I'm not quite sure if it can connect with an iD or +color. I don't think so but you might want to get a second opinion on that. :p )

That green one is super nice! :D

I have both an iD L and P's and I have never had them visit each other during the day. They will, however, send mail sometimes (if you go to the backyard). The iD L can only connect with the P's or other iD Ls. (I'm not quite sure if it can connect with an iD or +color. I don't think so but you might want to get a second opinion on that. :p )
Ok, I'm pretty sure iD L can connect with an iD.

2 P's characters from different P's devices can visit each other randomly without connection if previously connected. P's and iD L can only play together and send random mail, at random times. iD L connects to +C, iD, iD L and P's. P's only connects to other P's and iD L.

iD L connects to +C, iD, iD L and P's. P's only connects to other P's and iD L.
Wow, the iD L can connect with more than I thought! I have no idea why I figured it could only connect with the P's (and other iD Ls). :p Thanks for verifying that. ^_^

Thanks everyone so much for your opinions. Now I know that nobody voted this yet, but I've decided to buy a used yellow iD for $22.99 USD and $7 shipping.

The reason is, I just feel like it will be easier to start off with a simple tama, rather than diving head first. I'll probably purchase an iD L or even a 4U this summer or for some holiday. And who knows, we'll most likely get a new tama for the 20 year anniversary! :D

EDIT: NEVERMIND!!! I changed my mind, dang I'm just so indecisive! I'm gonna buy that green iD L that I mentioned earlier. My mom said it would be better to dive head first rather than purchase something simple, knowing I'm gonna purchase the other anways. The iD L seems really fun. :)

But please, keep voting and throwing some opinions out there, I'd love to hear them! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone so much for your opinions. Now I know that nobody voted this yet, but I've decided to buy a used yellow iD for $22.99 USD and $7 shipping.

The reason is, I just feel like it will be easier to start off with a simple tama, rather than diving head first. I'll probably purchase an iD L or even a 4U this summer or for some holiday. And who knows, we'll most likely get a new tama for the 20 year anniversary! :D

EDIT: NEVERMIND!!! I changed my mind, dang I'm just so indecisive! I'm gonna buy that green iD L that I mentioned earlier. My mom said it would be better to dive head first rather than purchase something simple, knowing I'm gonna purchase the other anways. The iD L seems really fun. :)

But please, keep voting and throwing some opinions out there, I'd love to hear them! :)
And... I purchased the iD. I actually found a cheap iD L E and a cheap TMGC+C and hopefully I can get them for Christmas along with some pierces (so..far..away).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back