[Recommend Me!] Tamagotchi Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madd-D

Reaction score
Hello! I have recently been getting back into Tamagotchi, and I was wondering if y'all would recommend the new Tamagotchi Friends. :blink:

I really enjoyed V3 as a kid, so I'm asking if Tamagotchi Friends is anything like it in terms of play style. If not, which of the newer brands do you think best emulates how the old Tamas worked? Thank you! :wub:

(P.S. I already tried Tama-Go. I didn't like it.) :unsure:

Well I do like the TF:DT but I don't really like it as much as the other versions. If you want one similar to the V3 (but not exactly the same) I highly recommend the V4! It has most of the original characters, lots of games, and you can even take your tama to school/work. Unlike some of the newer versions (like the TF and Tama go) I find that the V4 is more fun to use for longer periods of time. It's up to you but I really do recommend the V4. ^_^

The Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town is a little more complicated than the original Tamagotchi Friends, but still not much. It mostly about bumping, although you can go to Dream School this time. Bumping isn't really fun for those of us who have never even seen another Tamagotchi owner.

>but I don't really like it as much as the other versions

>unlike some of the newer versions (like the TF and Tama go) I find that the V4 is more fun to use for longer periods of time

>I really do recommend the V4

>but still not much

>bumping isn't really fun for those of us who have never even seen another Tamagotchi owner

Now, really! What is wrong with you guys, huh? Completely disagree, I do. Completely disagree.

Tamagotchi Friends is definitely worthy of being in your collection, I won't lie. It's quite simple and basic, but it is still appealing and easy to get the hang of. You've got 24 of the latest characters from Dream Town. Then Tamagtchi Friends Dream Town is a masterpiece, what with 9 games, 5 locations and new characters, and more! It's one of the best Tamagotchis of all time as far as I'm concerned, maybe barring the color Tamagotchis which are totally different from the Tamagotchi Friends anyway.

Definitely get one. I think you should like it. I particularly recommend the Dream Town edition, it's more complicated and has more to it and personally I think it's far from not much and it's more interesting than the original, I think you'll find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, really! What is wrong with you guys, huh?

Tamagotchi Friends is definitely worthy of being in your collection, I won't lie. It's quite simple and basic, but it is still appealing and easy to get the hang of. You've got 24 of the latest characters from Dream Town. Then Tamagtchi Friends Dream Town is a masterpiece, what with 9 games, 5 locations and new characters, and more! It's one of the best Tamagotchis of all time as far as I'm concerned, maybe barring the color Tamagotchis which are totally different from the Tamagotchi Friends anyway.

Definitely get one. I think you should like it. I particularly recommend the Dream Town edition, it's more complicated and has more to it and personally I think it's far from not much (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) and it's more interesting than the original, I think you'll find.
Well, actually my only Tamagotchi is a Tamagotchi Friends. :p However, I really want a colour one that I can download things on...

Well I do like the TF:DT but I don't really like it as much as the other versions. If you want one similar to the V3 (but not exactly the same) I highly recommend the V4! It has most of the original characters, lots of games, and you can even take your tama to school/work. Unlike some of the newer versions (like the TF and Tama go) I find that the V4 is more fun to use for longer periods of time. It's up to you but I really do recommend the V4. ^_^
I actually skipped V4 for some reason. I had a V1, V2, V3, and V5. Not really sure why. Maybe I lost interest and gained it again not shortly after? It's all so hazy. :eek: I'll take note of that, though! Sounds like I've committed an injustice by skipping it, ha ha. :D Thanks for your input!

The Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town is a little more complicated than the original Tamagotchi Friends, but still not much. It mostly about bumping, although you can go to Dream School this time. Bumping isn't really fun for those of us who have never even seen another Tamagotchi owner.
My sister plans on buying one too, so we'd bump our tamas often. :p

Definitely get one. I think you should like it. I particularly recommend the Dream Town edition, it's more complicated and has more to it and personally I think it's far from not much and it's more interesting than the original, I think you'll find.
Thank you for your input! :lol: By more complicated, do you mean that I'd have to check it more often? (I'm a busy college student. :unsure: )

(Also, sorry for making multiple posts!! I'm not very good w/ multiquoting. :mellow: )

Thank you for your input! :lol: By more complicated, do you mean that I'd have to check it more often? (I'm a busy college student. :unsure: )
Nope, not at all! I find the Dream Town to be super low-maintenance! I was like you at one point, deciding what was next. I did end up with a Dream Town and a Music Star though I wish I jumped head first and just got a color tama.

Which, I would totally recommend. Seeing as you're experienced with basic ones, I wouldn't get an iD L or P's though. The TMGC+C and iD are great choices. TMGC+C has a sort-of "charm" to it and includes recognizable characters. Same with the iD, but in the iD you can download items so that definitely expands the content.

As a long time collector who grew up in the Connection era, I will say that I cannot stand the Tamagotchi Friends. Too many cutesy frilly characters, and the gameplay didn't remind me of older Tamagotchis at all. But if your sister plans on getting a Tamagotchi too, perhaps the TF is a good way to go because then you will have someone to bump with. Honestly, if you're thinking about the TF, it might be worth skipping ahead to a colour release. I adore the colour-screened TMGC+C and iD (not iDL :) ) because they have traditional characters, and straightforward yet engaging features.

If you enjoyed Connections when you were younger, you may enjoy revisiting them. They can be found online, secondhand at decent prices. Tamaninjacat recommended the V4, which I agree with. I personally prefer the V4.5, which is an exceptional version also, and is low maintenance in the sense that you can leave it alone for several hours and it won't die. It has the charm of the earlier Connections, with fun games and a job feature when your character becomes an adult. If you are interested in a Connection era Tamagotchi, I would definitely recommend the V4.5.

All the best and welcome back to the forum :ichigotchi:

Honestly, if you're thinking about the TF, it might be worth skipping ahead to a colour release. I adore the colour-screened TMGC+C and iD (not iDL :) ) because they have traditional characters, and straightforward yet engaging features.
The color tama are so expensive, though. :( I don't think I'd be willing to spend more than 20$-30$ on a tamagotchi (I am also a poor college student). If I were to get a color tama, I think I'd wait for an English release. But thank you for your input! :blink:

Secondhand colour tamagotchis are easily found on eBay within the $20 - $30 price range :)
What's really the difference between Tamagotchi Friends and it's color variant (the Ps) besides that it's in color? Also, for any color import, wouldn't the in-game text be in Japanese? :huh:

Well, my sister really wanted me to buy a Tamagotchi Friends: Dream Town with her, so I went ahead and bought one. :p She's ready to relive our childhood, I think, ha ha. Thanks for all your feedback, I might have more questions still to come, in case I want to buy more! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back