Tamagotchi M!X - New Bandai Trademark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carleesi

Reaction score
(Edit: First 3 posts merged to form one discussion topic)

So look what just happened ;)

A new trademark got registered!

tumblr_o69h3mzI341soif0yo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o69h3mzI341soif0yo2_400.jpg

tumblr_o69h3mzI341soif0yo3_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Early this month, Bandai Japan trademarked 'Tamagotchi M!X' along with a logo. Mr. Blinky found this out. https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/723839353399697408

At first glance it looks like a collaboration thing. but it says 'Tamagotchi mikusu' at the bottom with no 'X' thing.

It is likely a new Tamagotchi version, but it could be any other type of product too. ;P

Speculate here.

It's interesting to note that the logo is grayscale. The logo's a cute font but the gray colors are kinda boring.

Imagine if it was a Japanese grayscale screen version for the first time in forever. That would be interesting but I bet there'd be a lot of backlash if Bandai did that.

Oh, I can't wait to see what happens! I hope it has IrDA too. :D

The grayscales kinda giving me a sort of manga vibe...
or maybe thats just my inner weeaboo talking from five years ago, or the name is kinda reminding me of the Megaman Meagamix manga--
Might just be a weird sort of manga series??

I really hope it's a new tamagotchi release though. It seems like it would include a "mix" of vintage and recent characters, judging by the name---

Looking at the actual trademark bot tweet itself, I definitely can't read it all, but I do notice two things:

1. It contains the word テレビゲーム which says terebigeemu or T.V. game, which means video game.

2. It also contains the word おもちゃ or omocha, which means toy.

It's possible they'll do a multimedia thing with a tama, a game, and something else although I didn't see anything specifically related to anime or manga (that doesn't mean it's not there; I just don't know most of the kanji on that tweet).

Maybe it's gray because the new Tamagotchi is going to be a gray-scale one? 0: Or maybe they're just going to bring back old characters?? 0:

Who knows...Only time will tell.

I didn't know this when I made the topic but when trademarks are placed, the logo is often in grayscale.

So it's likely the actual logo is in color.

Also, when a new trademark is placed for a franchise, the categories will often relate to the main franchise instead of the specific trademark.

I didn't know this when I made the topic but when trademarks are placed, the logo is often in grayscale.

So it's likely the actual logo is in color.

Also, when a new trademark is placed for a franchise, the categories will often relate to the main franchise instead of the specific trademark.
Ah, so in other words, just because it may not include anime in the description, that doesn't mean they're not planning one or that it wouldn't be covered by the same trademark if they did do one?

Judging by the tweet, I bet it'll be a multi-media franchise.

That would be interesting but I bet there'd be a lot of backlash if Bandai did that.
Yeah and churning out multiple Gundam entries which spectacularly missed the point of what it actually means as they progressed sure isn't a backlash, is it now? Not to mention doing the same thing for lots of franchises out there, and those who do want to keep that point they established when said franchises were started is pretty much left in the dark at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh! I am so excited >3< I wonder what they are going to look like and I really do hope it has IR and NFC as well.

I'm hoping for getting back to iR generally, without NFC at all. That would make things so much easier!

And I also hope to see vintage / old connection charas, as well as more built-in content than in the 4U (as much as iD L has, if not more!).

I'm hoping for getting back to iR generally, without NFC at all. That would make things so much easier!

And I also hope to see vintage / old connection charas, as well as more built-in content than in the 4U (as much as iD L has, if not more!).
This is exactly what I'm hoping for too!

I'm not against it having NFC, but I hope it includes a larger set of devices compatible with it.

Otherwise, I'm really stoked for it!!! I hope there are a few new cute characters. :wub:

I'd be really sad if it was a final sendoff... Based on the replies Bandai's twitter has given us, it seems they might release another, but that's in another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back