P-O-X

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

decepticoncrown

Reaction score
I discovered these guys a while ago and I forgot to make a thread about them! These look really interesting, but like most virtual pets they have fallen to obscurity and there's not a lot of information online.

pox-game.jpg

It's a game where you create your own alien warrior to fight viruses. There are three versions of the game, Spino (red), Cycro (green, shown above) and Plasmo (blue). What the differences are between these versions are I'm not sure, I'm guessing you start off with different items. You can build your alien and take body parts from the viruses you destroy to make him/her stronger. The commercial shows some of this:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Did anyone have one of these? I'm hoping to pick one up sometime soon. Ignoring the aliens, the story revolving around destroying viruses kind of reminds me of Osmosis Jones, which came out around the same time ironically enough. I'm pretty sure I'm going to name my alien Ozzy. ;)

I discovered these guys a while ago and I forgot to make a thread about them! These look really interesting, but like most virtual pets they have fallen to obscurity and there's not a lot of information online.

pox-game.jpg

It's a game where you create your own alien warrior to fight viruses. There are three versions of the game, Spino (red), Cycro (green, shown above) and Plasmo (blue). What the differences are between these versions are I'm not sure, I'm guessing you start off with different items. You can build your alien and take body parts from the viruses you destroy to make him/her stronger. The commercial shows some of this:

Okay, two things.

1. I need that toy so bad lol

2. And OMG DO IT XD OZZY SHALL BE REBORN AT YOUR COMMAND lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I desperately need one too. :lol: I'm going to explore some garage sales this Saturday, maybe I will find one! Lol. Ozzy will be reborn as a powerful, virus fighting alien. ;)

Something else I forgot to mention is that the story behind this v-pet is kind of cool. Scientists began researching alien DNA, until they evolved and disguised themselves as common viruses on Earth so they can take over our planet. They blended into bacterial environment so well it became difficult to determine which one is an alien warrior or just the common cold. In response to their act of war, the same group of scientists (assumingly) created a subspecies of the aliens that could fight off the viruses and were transported in the device shown above. I think a really neat show could've been made based on this! This video from the New York Toy Fair tells the story:

I had one of these too! I don't remember much about it though as mine is packed up in the attic. If I've got some spare money after the Tamagotchi M!X and whatever Digivice is coming for Digimon Universe App Monsters, I may have to look for one of these again. :D

Maybe we can all buy one around the same time and post our thoughts/experiences with it? It would be like a group hatch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back