Help choosing new Tamagotchi & where to buy online?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've read through about three threads of others seeking advice and nearly all of the Tamawiki! :) I have a tendency to get overwhelmed when making choices, even for something fun or a gift.
I need help to stop spinning circles! I'm dizzy! :)

I've only played the original Tamagotchis from the 90s. I am a gamer and these are for myself (an adult) so I don't really need to worry about complexity, just enjoyability factor. :)

From what I've read the colour ones sound good, but really expensive on ebay. I live in Australia so shipping costs are a factor. I'm willing to shell out, just don't want to unless it's my only option.
Anyone know any good sellers online?

I like the sound of the Connect 3 ones because they seem like better versions of the original, but still simple & under $50 online.

I also thought the Tama-Go sound like fun & I like the sound of collectable characters & buying additional amiibo-like characters. I saw some online, but there were also negative reviews saying the seller didn't ship them out.
Ones with positive reviews were quite expensive.

What are the normal prices for the models? I need a guide so I don't get ripped off.

Music star was something that struck my fancy as well. Angelgotchi looked really cute, but are the bats really annoying?

Are there any versions that can still connect to games online? I heard the websites shut down.

Ones I didn't like the sound of:

- The family one. The mini game with the mum shopping & dad playing golf sound terrible.

-original ones because I've played them & are considered collectibles and expensive.

-ones that have lots of extra features but are black & white like Tama friends. If it's going to be crammed with stuff I want the screen to be clear.

As you can see I've sort of caught up on what other ones are available since the 90s but still confused on prices & which one to get. :wacko:

I also would prefer ones that had easily bought shell or nice shells as I like pastel colours :wub: & don't want bright orange.

Other info:
I'm a sentimental type of person, so I'd prefer a pet I'd like over one with lots of options.... preferably both, but if I want elaborate games that's what my console is for! :)

THANK YOU! :)

P.S.

I am looking at some on ebay:

-Music Star V6--seller "simplybestprices" yay or nay?

-V4 2006 model?

-expensive Japanese colour versions 4U...what are these English patches people mention? (I don't have a smartphone just a desktop, so if it needs an app that will be trouble for me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like a price guide because I wouldn't want to be ripped off.

As for the websites, they have indeed been shut down. Some people have brought the minigames back to life using the wayback machine. The codes from those websites are also online.

With the price guides what I meant was what most people were paying for each thing, and what people would consider fair or too much for the ones they got.

Any opinions on the ones I've mentioned in my OP?

*I checked out your profile and you own all the ones I mentioned in being interested in. :) You have a few V4 Tamagotchis. What do you think is a fair price for them?
Did you enjoy V3,4 or your Tama-Go the most?

Thanks for replying. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
With the price guides what I meant was what most people were paying for each thing, and what people would consider fair or too much for the ones they got.

Any opinions on the ones I've mentioned in my OP?

*I checked out your profile and you own all the ones I mentioned in being interested in. :) You have a few V4 Tamagotchis. What do you think is a fair price for them?

Did you enjoy V3,4 or your Tama-Go the most?

Thanks for replying. :)
I got most of my tamagotchis really cheap, or when they were still in stores, so the prices for them are quite different then online.

Back when V4's and Music stars were sold in stores, I got them around $7 each. I got a few of my V4s and my V3 at a garage sale a few years ago, so they were only $2 each. My Tama-go was bought on boxing day, back when they were sold in stores, so it was only $5.

As per prices online, I'm not sure if I'd pay around $40 for one, like the ones listed on Ebay.

Out of the V3, V4, and Tama-go, I've enjoyed the V4 the most.

You mentioned wanting pastel colours, there are many V3 shells that have a pastel colour scheme.

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but I hope it is. :lol:

Thank you! So sorry for the extremely late reply, have been very busy!

Since then I got V2 as a gift! I like it and think it's a great simple, nostalgic one--just there aren't enough games. The 1 mini game gets old FAST.

I like that you have to turn off the light and care for it is simple and "old-school" which was enjoyable.

V4 sounds great, as you say more to do than the classics but not as complex as the colours and other options.

I did hear that V4 has glitches. How bad are they?
I heard they were fixed in 4.5, so I may end up looking out for a 4.5. :)

Those prices are amazing! Tamas are pretty expensive online these days, so you are lucky.

I appreciate your advice. ;)

Just a heads up. The V4.5 isn't without its glitches. I've had the matchmaker glitch on several of my 4.5s. It either freezes when the matchmaker comes fully on screen or I get glitchy mates. Other than that, I haven't really had any glitches. That said, the 4.5 is one of my favorite Connection models. It's not too needy or too boring. However, the v4 was extremely glitchy. The matchmaker would bring toddlers, teens, characters of the same gender, and even just the glitchy lines my 4.5 got two times. There's also a glitch where all the food turns into Balls. If you're looking for a Connection model, I recommend the 4.5 over the v4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back