Pokemon Dream World is closed...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
...yet there's images of the Kalos Pokemon in their Dream World art?

For example, Furfrou:

TamaTalk won't let me show the image for some reason...

How is this possible even though the Dream World is closed down? They can't just put them in Dream World art unless it was still open...unless...they're thinking of bringing it back for Sun & Moon...but eh, I could be barking in the dark.

Dream Town has been closed for a long time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it ended sometime after X and Y's release. According to Bulbapedia, "The art style used for the Pokémon Dream World is not exclusive to the site; it has been used in various other parts of the franchise, including Pokemon Center stores and Pokemon Channel, before the Dream World even emerged." I guess any Pokemon drawn in a similar style is referred as "Dream Town" artwork. :)

Dream Town has been closed for a long time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it ended sometime after X and Y's release. According to Bulbapedia, "The art style used for the Pokémon Dream World is not exclusive to the site; it has been used in various other parts of the franchise, including Pokemon Center stores and Pokemon Channel, before the Dream World even emerged." I guess any Pokemon drawn in a similar style is referred as "Dream Town" artwork. :)
I see then...but how come the Kalos Pokemon have Dream World abilities, though?

Maybe it's a dummied out/scrapped at the last minute feature? The makers of Pokémon have quite the track record of partially implementing stuff and then shoving them out of the way for whatever reason. Maybe Dream World was supposed to be active longer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's a dummied out/scrapped at the last minute feature? The makers of Pokémon have quite the track record of partially implementing stuff and then shoving them out of the way for whatever reason. Maybe Dream World was supposed to be active longer...
If they made it active longer, then the Kalos Pokemon would be able to be sent there too, but apparently, it was only made for Gen V, then got closed down after X/Y's release, which I dunno why, they could just update it and add new features to the Dream World for the Kalos region...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back